What's a comfy book I can keep on my nightstand to read each night before i fall asleep

what's a comfy book I can keep on my nightstand to read each night before i fall asleep

my diary desu

independent people by harold laxness

dammit

I keep swann's way on my nightstand. Supreme comfy, and also a good book to out you to sleep because its slow and takes its time. But in a good way.

This desu

Turgenev - A Sportsman's Sketches is a set of very comfy stories. Basically there is this hunter who spends his time hunting in rural Russia, and in the while he meets people, hears stories, etc. There isn't much that happens, but it's one of the best books I know. I think it was one of Hemingway's favourites too.

I also second
or anything by Walser really.

The Wind in the Willows should get your tiny cock standing at attention.

The bible

>Harold

Steinbeck, the Cannery Row trilogy

Literally the book of disquiet.

If you want to doze off to a regimen of existential horror every night, sure.

There's only 2, unless you're counting God or something. Definitely comfy tho.

omg pepe is so cute here ^_^

I've read it before bed and can attest to this, it's quite unfitting. If you read such books you're probably some sort of depressive anyway so no biggie

quite fitting* before bed that is

In search of lost time is the right answer, my friend.

A stack of every single one of Steinbeck's novels

This.

This is a superior recommendation and I applaud the user who volunteered his or her time to improve all of our lives. Bravo. Also, /thread.

>no space for a nightstand
>tfw I need to put my nightly reading book on the hard ground next to my bed where it's cold and dirty like a fucking savage

Have you considered cleaning your room?

my room is pretty clean

dust just naturally accumulates quickest under the bed and no matter how i set things up i just lack the space for a night stand