I thought this was a board for smart people. People who could think deeper and look at possibility...

I thought this was a board for smart people. People who could think deeper and look at possibility. But I come here and it's people struggling to understand math problems created from the thoughts of men before them. I see college kids arguing complex theory with a tiny window of perspective. I see "smart" people who are too stupid to plan their careers. I see people talking about reading mediocre books or fucking math books in their spare time like it's a badge of honor.

This board is depressing. This board is the website version of pic related.

>I thought this was a board for smart people.
why?

I was tricked I guess.

sounds like you're as stupid as the people you're whining about

And how is that? I came here and made an immediate observation. I didn't tell other people how smart you were. I am merely an observer coming to a conclusion. How does that make me stupid?

>And how is that?
because you let yourself get tricked

I don't know what you expected..

The handjob booth has been closed for at least 7 years if that's what you're ripe about

I don't think getting told a board is for smart people, then visiting it, then immediately recognizing it is not, would qualify me as stupid. But your ability to not think this through is indicative of the intellect on this board.

>I don't think getting told a board is for smart people
by who?

>But I come here and it's people struggling to understand math problems created from the thoughts of men before them. I see college kids arguing complex theory with a tiny window of perspective. I see "smart" people who are too stupid to plan their careers. I see people talking about reading mediocre books or fucking math books in their spare time like it's a badge of honor.
but all this even applies to mathoverflow and stackexchange

is this your first time on the internet? there's idiots everywhere

Some idiots are fine. This board seems to be more of a very small percentage of users that are smart. If I went to a library and all they had were 5 books and then 1000000000 beauty magazines, that wouldn't make it a good library. It means someone should take those books and move them to a more fitting environment. But if I went to a magazine stand, I wouldn't complain about the lack of books.

>This board seems to be more of a very small percentage of users that are smart.
so go somewhere else, why waste time here?

Underage fuck off.

he wants to save you from yourself

I just got here. I won't be staying long. Just wanted to add to the never ending sea of posts, possibly wait for someone to offer an alternative.

I'm 32.

Get your fucking head out of your ass you pretentious douchebag.

>32 year old who watches rick and morty
might want to focus on your own issues m8

>I just got here
then what makes you think you know what the fuck is going on here?

>When you turn 30 your not allowed to watch shows that people talk about

Thanks for the information, I'll tell all the other people over 30 they aren't allowed to even view an episode of a show that is constantly brought up. Appreciate your sage advice.

Well. I can read. And I can view posts. And I can see the arguments people are making. And since like all of Veeky Forums the boards fall into basic circle jerking and same think, it's not hard to see what this place has to offer.

Biggot

do you think you're smart? if this thread is the best you can offer you might want to re-evaluate yourself

Stop trying to sound super smart. We can all see that you're trying too hard simply because you're calling everyone else out. So just cut the act. You aren't above anyone.

>believing anything on Veeky Forums is for smart people
You're dumb nigga

eh I've picked up a few things on this board. Not perfect but you can find some good threads and discussions here and there. Why not start a thread with a topic that interest you? You might catch the eye of one of the wise lurkers.

Lmao get off the internet grandpa.

>constantly brought up
Only by millennial brainlets. perhaps you should go back to them.

>over 30
>posts on Veeky Forums
>watches Rick and Morty

>"lel I thought there were smart people here everyone here is fucking stupid except for me"

I remeber to have a thread where we discussed quantum mechanics with new viewpoints, yet nobody seemed to care.

It's not a smart people board; it's an interest board. If you feel inclined toward cooking, you go to Veeky Forums, and if you're interested in technology, try /g/. This board is the science and math board, not the smart people board. People come here because they're interested in the topics, not necessarily because they know everything about them. Questions are asked, relevant news topics are discussed, arguments spark up, people are corrected, and students in the relevant disciplines are common here. Most of the people here are undergrads, so it's hardly the place for career-level discussion.

I mean, even when there is a talk about career paths, it's always done in generalities like total demand for this particular major and the field's growth rate instead of in specifics like how many entry-level jobs are listed on job sites like Monster and Indeed. They're not actually looking at jobs because they're not there yet. They will be, though, so don't lose faith. Just because career paths aren't the hot topic of discussion here on Veeky Forums, it doesn't mean it isn't happening.

As for the antler measuring when it comes to cursory metrics like IQ and familiarity with obscure mathematical concepts, most of these people will grow out of the arrogance they pull from it. Hopefully.

Is that like a big faggot?

>quantum mechanics with new viewpoints

That usually means that the new viewpoints are coming from people who don't know what the hell they're talking about and are throwing around memetic buzzwords like quantum superposition and observer dependence without knowing what exactly they entail.

They'll throw around big words, but when you challenge them to do something simple, say, putting a well-known wave function like the Schrodinger equation into context with their viewpoint, you never get a response that shows any understanding of the material that they claim to be making a breakthrough in. It's not even comical anymore.

You're an idiot and also really up your own ass and I hope you're gone already.

Kek

>Reddit and Memey
Like clockwork.

Why do brainlet normalfags love the show so much?

Nice metathread that has nothing to do with science and maths, you absolute fucking eggplant.

he got b a m b o o z l e d