The Indian Chief Raoni of the Kayapo tribe...

The Indian Chief Raoni of the Kayapo tribe, cries when he learns that Brazil has authorized the construction of the giant Belo Monte dam in the heart of the Amazon.

Why are we so stupid ?

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/sci/image/kj_8hD1MSKAD5TV7Z2T6HA
mundoeducacao.bol.uol.com.br/geografia/taxa-fecundidade-no-brasil.htm
7a12.ibge.gov.br/vamos-conhecer-o-brasil/nosso-povo/nupcialidade-e-fecundidade.html
youtube.com/watch?v=z4v1jExVY4s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are you saying renewable energy is dumb because it makes some Indian cry?

maybe he's just crying because his hat is so stupid looking

PROGRESS

His ancestors would have just murdered the workers on the dam so they can't finish it

We're not stupid. Everyone realizes there's no right way when it comes to things like these.

They say that will make a lot of energy what a lie... oh yeah will make a lot of crap that's true

U T I L I T A R I A N I S M

>The feellings of a tribe that has been living as savages who haven't changed for tens of thousands of years
vs.
>The march of civilization and industry, which is the force responsible for the fact that you and me don't have to live like aforementioned savages

Yeah, there is a right way in this, and it sure as hell isn't to sacrifice the progress and well-being of nations to remnants from the stone age

>Why are we so stupid ?
We are stupid? I don't see those weirdos flooding our homes. Looks pretty smart to me.

There is a right way.
Deep ecology free life

Ecology is a meme.

You're a meme

Daily reminder that the amazon produces 20% of earth's oxygen and removes huge amounts of CO2 from the atmosphere but the Hues won't stop destroying it .

>We are stupid? I don't see those weirdos flooding our homes.
Don't look at Germany then, friend.

Amazon doesn't actually net-remove CO2 from the air. When plants die, they decompose, releasing the CO2 back into the air. Forests are not a permanent sink of carbon. Forests do not remove carbon from the air over time. At least, not as you are portraying it.

It does produce our oxygen, though.

earth systems scientist here
>carbon goes in the air
Except for that large amount that goes into the soil and other biota
>forests are not a permanent sink of carbon
Um, forests enslave the climate.

Are you actually arguing that forests are a carbon sink on geologic timescales?

The consumers require more and more energy to increase their numbers.

The consumers will not rest until everything is waste.

what?

Well, permeant so long as no organisms dig up and burn the coal millions of years later.
And anyways I wasn't arguing about carbon sinks I was mentioning that they enslave the climate and you are missing how exactly ecosystems and the climate work with eachother to maintain stable order-parameters

Incas were more advanced than europeans. Are you using pigskin propqganda as an argument? lmaoooooo

>internet_explorer.gif
Wait...what?

Nice source you south american shill faggit

>Why are we so stupid ?
Why should we listen to low IQ savages?

>Why are we so stupid ?
Because Hitler, the champion of humanity, lost.

>Why are we so stupid ?

Brazilians aren't smart.

>More advanced than Europe
>Entire Empire gets BTFO by a small expeditionary force after said force had just trekked through the motherfucking Amazon

I thought Progressivism helped minorities?
What is the point of anything then?

>savages
They probably have stronger morals.

Humans are irrational beings. We could very well have built a nuclear power plant that generates the same amount of power with much less environmental damage measured in area of land used. But one nuclear power plant killed some humans in a terrifying and novel manner, so humans are biased against it. Despite the fact that dam failures such as Banqiao dam and Machchhu Dam have directly killed more people

Toot toot get out of the way of civilization fucker

Cuzcan faggot, go home and suck Mapuche dick

>Why are we so stupid ?

Got a mouse in your pocket, brainlet?

>2017
>se importando com os sentimentos dos índios
O Brasil já está uma merda sem infraestrutura nenhuma e você ainda quer que nós deixemos de evoluir só para agradar um bando de bandidos que vivem em ócas?
Índios não são essas pessoas maravilhosas que você pensa, eles também cometem muitas atrocidades.
Se você gosta tanto de abraçar árvore, compre um sítio pequeno, planta umas 3 árvores e abracem-as todos os dias.

Nazismo ja chegou na Amazonia que poha

ITT fucking /pol/nigger retards

warosu.org/sci/image/kj_8hD1MSKAD5TV7Z2T6HA

>They do bad things to ergo we're entitled to do whatever we want with their people and their possessions.
Proof that BR are the biggest cancer in modern human society

Why not both

WE

Can't really store electricity. Excess is just thrown away.

I'm with that user, nuclear should've been the answer. Not surprised though, shouldn't have expected better out of Brazil chimps who prefer to shit all over their resources and other people just to do things in an inferior way.

You can store the resources needed

Enjoy eating operating and maintenance costs on plants that aren't outputting what they can, dumbass.

I don't think they even had the wheel.

Not that guy but they did have the wheel. However it was rarely used because they lived on rocky mountainous terrain. It just turned out to be more convenient to transport goods in different ways.

Despite that they had a huge empire that stretched across the entire west coast of South America with an even larger trade network. In fact it is believed that the empire itself was formed from the trade routes because of how unpredictable the land was. Drought and flood would decimate crops in some places while they flourished in others, so an empire was formed to serve as a sort of insurance to ensure that certain villages had a guaranteed source of food in case their crops failed. It is also believed that this is the reason the region has over 500 varieties of potatoes. It is believed that people would plant several different types together to reduce the odds of their crops completely failing.

>their
Nope, not theirs anymore. They've lost it all about 500 years ago. If they couldn't secure their land and sold themselves to the Portuguese, then it's no one's problem but theirs.

Also, you probably don't know about this, but they leave their """territories""" to steal and murder people and the funny part is that they can't get arrested for anything, because there are tons of government sponsored entities that protect them from anything bad, no matter how horrible they've acted.

Fool!
Property is theft

>you probably don't know about this
>It's totally real I swear, I read about it on the internet
kek yourself before you rek yourself, retard

Hello /pol/ that shit happens all over Brazil. I've seen footage of loggers burning Native American kids alive. Much, much worse happens to the Amazonians
People do rotten things when their life's are insecure. You probably aren't human but if you are you should know what it feels like to lose the world you live in. Combine that with extreme poverty and dysfunction imposed on tradtional socio-ecological systems by economic and regular colonialism. Knowing little about this new world that landed on top of yours, and were are going to get some fucked up people.
>that they can't get arrested for anything, because there are tons of government sponsored entities that protect them from anything bad, no matter how horrible they've acted.
The irony, what corporate-state powers is doing to them results in extinction of their ecosystem and the cultures that occupied it. Their land was taken, and still is being done today.
I'm not suprised you are ignorant about this, the evil people doing the crime are the same people who give you information about the world around you.
More importantly ecological systems have a right to live like you and me. Also, if you are some kind of niave utilitarian, the Amazon being intact is necessary for us to have a chance at surviving the anthropocene. GTFO MY SWAMP

>we traded and had potatoes

wtf I love South America now

This.

/pol/cucks need to go back to their containment board

First: it's not their land anymore. They've LOST it.
>hurr durr but they were there first
Yeah, deal with it. This has happened to nearly all civilizations in the world over the history. Some people build things, then other people go and fuck it all up and claim it theirs.
I'm not saying that I hate indians and that they should be gassed (like that one fellow that called me a Nazi). I'm just saying that we can't stop trying to improve our country because of people saying that "their" land is sacred. I know that we can't just destroy the whole Amazon, but some areas around it need technology. Indians are just one part of the population living there, there are lots of other people living nearby that have no electricity, no water and no way of growing food. The north and northeast of Brazil is totally shit: people die everyday because of the lack of infrastructure.
Also, watching some videos on liveleak doesn't make you the expert of how things work here. I understand that farmers are also criminals and that they kill indians sometimes for no reason and conversely. But that's another problem that Brazil has: there is no security here. People kill people everyday and nothing happens. It doesn't affect just indians, it affects us all.

>We're going to do things in a dumb destructive way.
>There are better ways to achieve what you want to do that don't involve you ruining your natural resources and abusing a group of people deemed protected by your constitution.
>But we need thing and indians are teh sux and the constitution is just a piece of paper anyways and the amazon is less important than farmers getting electricity so we're going to do it our shitty way anyway.

Have fun being retarded but don't expect to convince anyone that you're justified in doing what you're doing.

Protip: You're not just cutting down a few trees, you're cutting a huge path through the forest which is splitting up entire ecosystems and will likely lead to huge ramifications for wildlife all over the forest. Researchers are pissed.

pic related, BR

Yeah. It all comes down to pleasing farmers. You're definitely right.

I have read that there were no civilizations in the Americas who used the true arch, the cart, the plow, the potter's wheel, the bellows, glass, iron, and stringed instruments until arrival of Europeans.

I can only say that I live near the Navajo nation in the southwest US and those people are dumb as fuck.

However, the smartest guy in my major (physics) at uni is Navajo.

that's the bell curve for you
every population can have geniuses, some are just dumber on average and have less

hopefully fusion will be publicly viable before they drown the rain forest

>I'm just saying that we can't stop trying to improve our country because of people saying that "their" land is sacred.
>improve your country
im a ecosystem scientist and you're a fucking retard. you might aswell nuke yourselves.could very well be the straw that breaks the earths order-parameters if climate change and biodiversity loss dont do it first.
educate yourself before you go and destroy what is by far "Brazils" most valuable property,
i would personally skullfuck every native american on the planet to death to prevent that damn from being built. i feel for them but this is existential danger i am talking about.
besides only the elite will benefit from it and everyone else will pay the price

>be civil engineer
>required to take ecology
>entire course pushes against dam construction, deforestation, construction, industrialization
>enter workforce for DOT
>build and expand on the daily

Yup we all understand dam construction has several potential repercussions, and the Amazon has been deforested some 40%, but shits gotta give if Brazilians continue to have 10 kids per woman

Blame the Paris accords.

Brazil made agreements they would seek renewable energy instead of burning coal or seeking nuclear power and shit, this is the result.

That old man probably is personally being paid a gigantic bribe from the Brazil government he will spend on himself like all native chiefs do. In my country they give chiefs anywhere from 2-20 million per year and it just gets stolen.

>Why are we so stupid ?
>GLOBAL WARMING WILL KILL US ALL BUT DON'T USE RENEWABLE ENERGY LOL JUST GIVE US MORE MONEY FOR """""RESEARCH""""""

liberals are a greater impediment to fixing climate change than conservatives by several orders of magnitude.

>10 kids per woman
mundoeducacao.bol.uol.com.br/geografia/taxa-fecundidade-no-brasil.htm
>1.94 kids/woman
But I get your point.

Here's a better source.
7a12.ibge.gov.br/vamos-conhecer-o-brasil/nosso-povo/nupcialidade-e-fecundidade.html

I'm not defending those cunts who want to destroy the entire Amazon. I'm talking about Indians preventing us from improving (we don't have indians only in the Amazon region, FYI.).
I don't want the whole Amazon to get destroyed either.

Nigger Monkeys in a Nigger Monkey country tells SUPER NIGGER MONKEY they're building an 18th century Dam.

>WE

kys Veeky Forumskos

If we arent liberal shelf bashing numales then we must be pol users.

Which actually is true )

No environmentalist supports dam building.

>Are you actually arguing that forests are a carbon sink on geologic timescales?
yes. what the fuck do you think coal is?

environmentalists don't support renewable energy in general.

>hydropower
muh indians, muh localized ecosystems

>wind
same as hydro

>solar
muh lead

>nuclear
fuckin' lol

>tidal
muh fish, muh reefs

the only thing environmentalists want are more taxes and more money for boondoggle research. they don't actually want a solution.

They have their drawbacks, yes, but most are superior to coal.

You're leaving out geothermal which has some of the least impact and is very efficient if you add super critical CO2 instead of water.

but yes, dams are extremely destructive.

>Whining about /pol/
>Uses the words nigger and retard
?????

>the only thing environmentalists want are more taxes and more money for boondoggle research. they don't actually want a solution.

That's wrong, I have the solution already.

Well large scale ecological disturbance has cascading effects. Once infrastructure is in, devolpment spreads like the plague, I've watched it happend my entire life. Probably would have unabombered if I was older than 12 when it hit me.
Trust me pls, this is a disaster

>only people from /pol/ use slurs
first day on Veeky Forums?

Incas were Andean peoples who had nothing to do with Brazilian Amazonian savages beyond sharing a distant common ancestor.

They are building a dam for the future. They need a huge water reserve, when trump and the rest of the world fucks up the climate, and all the elites will live in brazil, during droughts.

This is why the bush family and other elites bought hundreds thousands acres of land in brazil.

>arch
for why?

>plow, cart, etc..
There were no work animals like horses, donkeys, camels, etc... so these things would've been useless.

>potter's wheel
Even now it's not really used in indigenous pot making. There is a lot of religion, philosophy, and tradition mixed into indigenous pot making (in everything from collecting the clay to firing it) so it's not really the same practice as European pot making. Individual pots were typically made with coiling and mass produced pots were made using molds.

>bellows, glass, iron
These all kind of go hand in hand. Throughout mesoamerica weapons were made with obsidian blades. Obsidian blades are far sharper than any modern metal bladed weapon (e.g. there are Spanish writings of Mexica warriors decapitating the horses of charging Spaniards with a single swing of a Macahuitl) however they can also be brittle if misused or used against metal weapons/armor. Before the Europeans arrived much of the warfare in Mesoamerica was the result of religious agreements between city states where the main goal was to capture the enemy not to invade. So there was a bigger emphasis on disabling the enemy without killing them. Stuff like metal armor or proper swords didn't really lend themselves to this.
tl;dr: obsidian > glass; obsidian > iron for their purposes; no real need for high temperature ovens => no real need for bellows.

>stringed instruments
People primarily focused on poem-songs. Especially those that didn't use full blown written language since history, religion, knowledge, and philosophy were all passed down using poem-songs. As such the main sorts of instruments used were rhythm based, not so much melody based (though a variety of flutes and other instruments were used they were used differently from the European tradition).
tl;dr: Their music was different, more along these lines
youtube.com/watch?v=z4v1jExVY4s

See pic, newfag.

>I'm talking about Indians preventing us from improving
lol you are a moron who believes everything your corrupt ass politicians tell you. Have fun tripping over each other in a race to privatize and sell off resources to foreigners who don't give a fuck about your country.

The irony is that the benefits of the Aswan Dam, built to dam the nile, is negated by the cost of artificial fertilizer.

The tragedy of this dam is that nobody will shell out the monies for fertilizing the long stretch of the rain forest in the Amazon that runs along the river.

>localized ecosystems
Confirmed brainlet
>muh fish, muh reefs
I'll fucking kill you. I'm a life long marine biologist, I've researched complexity, resilience, patch dynamics in coastal ecosystems, and more. Stay away from the ocean.
Imagine losing something you are deeply passionate about 4 seperate times a day. By the time I was 12 I had already lost the ability to form external emotional connections.
>the only thing environmentalists want are more taxes and more money for boondoggle research. they don't actually want a solution
You're retarded. It's okay it's the media's fault. I don't consider myself an environmentalist, I'm a deep ecologist, no such thing as an environment in ecosystems, only arbitrarily drawn boundaries for research purposes. As far as I'm considered our environment starts when we leave our solar system, probably further, I'm no astronomer and that is irrelevant anyhow. I want anarchism, I want free life. The solutions are all over the place and would be easy without corporate-state tyranny. Most people dedicated to this are scientists or others that have experienced life, like traditional people's and suburbanites that escaped.

Hes crying because his land is full of wild beast from Africa.

Read 1492/1493. They largely had help and got lucky. Europeans didn't BTFO natives nearly as hard as people claim

fucking up the amazon fucks up the climate
earth systems are interdependent. breaking synergy releases enslaved entropy

why would anyone shill about that

obviously south americans and mexicans are subhuman these days because incans/aztecs were entirely wiped out, leaving retard tribes

bait, no one could be this dumb

3 years ago, i made the exact same thread, with the exact same picture and the exact same words.

Can you explain it to me ?

Your thoughts are avant-garde and the rest of the plebs take 3 years to catch up?