I'm a Hamburger Guy, through-and-through. When I go to a new restaurant...

I'm a Hamburger Guy, through-and-through. When I go to a new restaurant, I feel they can only be judged by their hamburgers. I've eaten hamburgers in Spain, Japan, Italy, France, Germany, Holland, India, Ecuador (dirt cheap and always a fried egg on top!), etc. I drove 7 hours to Canada just to try a Harvey's last month.

I have a pug whose name is, I shit you not, Hamilton Edward Hamburgerwitz... or, for short, Ham E. Burger. Two years ago I started gaining weight and I have now been going to the gym 4 days a week for 1.5 years - all for the hamburger!

A long-term goal of mine has been the publication of a hamburger book. Sort of a travelogue-culinary work that documents my hamburger obsession/quest along with historical and cultural tidbits.

That said, I must admit that the plain old McDonald's hamburger is still one of my favorites. I actually hadn't had one for years, usually opting out in favor of the Angus or other varieties. But a few months ago, quite serendipitously really, I had one and fell in love with it.

I'm not sure why. I can't figure it out. I've had 25 cent hamburgers in Ecuador to a $60 hamburger in NYC. I'm not saying McDonald's is hands-down my FAVORITE one of all, but it is a comforting go-to burger that satisfies.

Am I alone?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=14YJfPAf-iI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>A long-term goal of mine has been the publication of a hamburger book. Sort of a travelogue-culinary work that documents my hamburger obsession/quest along with historical and cultural tidbits.
wow being a burger fan myself I thought I'd be interested in reading this
>That said, I must admit that the plain old McDonald's hamburger is still one of my favorites. but then i realised your a troll or a mong

I'm with you.
Cheeseburgers are too cheesey but the simplicity of a McDonald's hamburger is underappreciated.

I travelled around Germany last year and the hamburger is an amazing food. Say what you will about the krauts, their cuisine is amazing. The original and best burgers.

Have you ever been to the city of Hamburg, Germany, tracing the root of your passion?

Based OP. I judge every restaurant by their ham/cheeseburger.

There's something about the flavor of McDonald's burgers, I just can't put my finger on it. But god damn it's delicious.

>judging restaurants by the thing they keep on the menu specifically for manchildren who are incapable of ordering anything else, so their adult caretakers can enjoy the real menu in peace

Sad.

The MaxDonalds thing has to be the childhood indoctrination.
I know they're bland, but I still crave them.

*tips*

For me, its the McChicken, the best fast food sandwich

for me its the chicken sandwich, its good

nah, that's always chicken breast

without cheese there is no burger. it's more important than the bun

What I dig about mcdonalds' hamburgers is that they're always made fresh since no one ever orders em. At least in my neighborhood. I'm with you though, burgers in general are the tits.

That's America fucked then.

normal mcdonalds hamburgers are bizarre

they are essentially topped like a hotdog even though they are obviously a hamburger

I have to wonder how this decision came about

McDonald's hamburgers are so satisfying

Who puts pickles and dehydrated onions on a hot dog?

pickles and onions are highly ubiquitous as hot dog toppings

Nobody is happy when they find out you eat seven cheeseburgers a night..

>All these shills
Mcdonalds burgers taste like ground styrofoam

why do you keep shilling?
how much do they pay?
mcd hamburger is one of the worst burgers ever, it's dry, tastes bland, the patty doesn't taste like meat at all etc
the only good thing about it is that it's relatively cheap.

yes, you are alone

Are you this guy?
youtube.com/watch?v=14YJfPAf-iI

I could only dream of being that man

Is there a map of the "mustard belt"? Where burgers come with mustard by default? I live in NYC and they don't here, but if you go to upstate NY or Pennsylvania, they do come with mustard.

Stay there you yankee faggot

I'll go wherever I want, you Okie flyover faggot

I'm not an enthusiast like you Op but I'm eating a Dave's single right now. It's pretty gud.

Honestly thought it was some copypasta when reading OP. Then checked replies and oh well it's just a manchild with poor taste and that trademark "the world caters to me" american mentality.

Inbred Dixie trash. You'll never rise again.

>When I go to a new restaurant, I feel they can only be judged by their hamburgers.

I wouldn't say only, but a place's basic burger is a fantastic benchmark of its quality.
Each dish is going to vary, but the burger is almost always the middle point.

>I'll go where I want

Welcome to MS, yankee.

When I made this thread I wasn't expecting people to take me so seriously, haha.

I just like mcdonalds hamburgers.

>Ohio
>Yankee

LOL no, not with all the hucklebuck trash living there from Dixie "workin' dat pipeline." Ohio is a blackhole full of failures from southern states, especially Alabama and Texas.

I had the misfortune of working in SEO for a year then skipped like a schoolgirl back to NY, where normal food and people exist.

I. Hate. Ohio.

>NY
>Normal food
>Normal people

>muh biskits n' gravy

I also hate southerners with a passion.

Who wants to read this Bullshit
Retarded people today

Yeah fuck those rural inbred retards. We're the only true Americans unlike southerners.