Is Broil King a good brand? I can't afford a weber so don't recommend it. Pic related is the model I'm looking at

Is Broil King a good brand? I can't afford a weber so don't recommend it. Pic related is the model I'm looking at.

Other urls found in this thread:

thespruce.com/broil-king-monarch-340-review-333950
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Propane is a meme

Does the hose connect securely to the propane tank? Does it light? It should be fine

>3 burners for indirect cooking
>tall hood for upright chickens

Looks legit for me.

>not cooking with charcoal

Let me guess, you watched King of the Hill and fell for the propane meme?

>can't afford a weber

You know how I know you're poor? That shitty propane grill will need the burners and burner covers replaced in 2 years and the grid will have rusted in less time. The entire box will be falling apart in 5 years. And when you grill you won't have the added flavor wood charcoal imparts.

t. Disgusted propane grill owner who switched to charcoal

If I had that, I would rip out the guts and fill it with charcoal. you should just get a charcoal grill

actually there's an episode of koth where bobby and peggy cook with charcoal while hank is gone and its much better than propane

sure. i've got a broil king double burner. and it's a tank. i leave it out (under a canopy tho) all summer, and it hasn't rusted out or nothing.

cooking grills are a meme.

you can make good shit with just a dug out hole fire pit with a grate on top.

its all about what you season it with and the type of wood or coal you use.

Just steal one

Cooking with propane is only useless if you have a gas stove.
People who use shit tier electric stoves still need that sweet, sweet fire cooking experience every once in awhile.

Seems fine.

thespruce.com/broil-king-monarch-340-review-333950

>Made in Canada by Onward Manufacturing

this part is important. you buy cheap shit from like superstore and canadian tire and it's dollars to donuts chinese made shit that will be a heap of iron oxide after one winter.

Some of us evolved past the stone age.

So then store it in the garage or something.

Coal is good but gas is just so much more convenient. I can turn on gas and press a button and be cooking as soon as the hot plate gets hot enough, about 5 minutes.

Although on of my friends had a Weber that uses gas to light the charcoal beads. Was pretty nifty.

I think that was the overall joke of the entire series. That a man in Texas would give his life to propane.

I'm still using the Weber my dad used when I was a kid. It's ~30 years old and burners have been replaced once.

Your grill will work fine, just don't expect it to last more than 5 years.

>It's stone age because they dug a pit that could be used over and over again
>we're advanced because we buy a metal copy of a stoneage pit that we have to replace every 2 years.

Really gets the old whirligig to spinning.

The cheap gas grills are shit and will be destroyed in less than a year if you leave them outside.

I got pic related for $90 the other day, seasoning the grate right now. Also got a konro on backorder but might cancel it if this lodge will suit my needs.

>seasoning a grate that could heat over 600 degrees that will remove the seasoning
Are you the grilling sysiphus?

you're supposed to re-season grill grates regularly

They're all made in China anyway

Good thing you have no friends and will never need to cook more than 3 burgers at a time.

That thing is going to end up as a fucking flower pot in your boyfriend's garden one day. What a useless cringy piece of shit.

Kek

Grillpill me on minigrills. Should I get a gas grill or charcoal? I feel like gas would be so much more convenient and easy to store.

The only grill grates that require seasoning are cast iron grill grates.

Weber grill grates are just steel that keeps your shit above the fire.

Yes, I don't have any non cast iron grates.