Hello Veeky Forums. I have some poor quality sirloin steaks. They look a bit like this, but less fat marbled in...

Hello Veeky Forums. I have some poor quality sirloin steaks. They look a bit like this, but less fat marbled in. I want to cook them on an outdoor grill. (just moved out of parents, got good job, got good grill). How can I do this to ensure they will be cook? Any spice or marinade recommendations?
Please no
>PAN NICE AND HOT, BASTE WITH BUTTER, FRESH THYME
I want to grill them. They are about and inch to an inch and a half thick.

I know you've recently purchased a good grill, but try to get a pan nice and hot, some grass fed butter, bit of thyme. You're gonna love it.

I would marinate them overnight

you could marinate them and cook in a slow cooker, then flash fry them on a grill

still be tender, just add grill burns for aesthetics.

Salt. Pepper. Heat. Cook till they are your preference of doneness. Even lean cuts of meat are good on a grill. I prefer medium rare.

Pretty much this. If you've got some shit tier cuts like that the only way to get some flavor out of them is with some butter and garlic in a pan.
Or at least throw them in the oven a bit with butter and garlic before searing them on the grill.

Shitty cuts do not fair well on the grill. Pan fry them, then next time you go to the store get a properly thick cut from the butcher.

Add some garlic to that bitch and cook in a cast iron

If you really want to grill your steaks

>throw shitty steaks out
>buy some better meat

voila, problem solved

I said no fucking pan nice and hot. please guys.
thanks for an actual reply. any suggestions as to the marinade? also... what will the marinade do for the steaks? i know they'll add flavor, but how about for the doneness of the steak?
just salt and pepper for a poor cut of steak? i like this reply, but it seems just a bit underwhelming. could a cut of steak like this hold up with seasoning like that?
i have to fry them. i made this thread because i have no proper pans to grill the steak in. and just an addition... i don't think the steaks are that poor. admittedly, they are sirloin. they are not marbled. they look quite like those in my pic. but they are 1-2 inches thick. i think its possible to get a medium rare on these. its my first time grilling steak, and i'm just looking for some good seasoning tips. or marinade..

as i said, i am not looking for the pretentious posters. i want to grill the steak.. any tips for someone who wants to grill steak rather than in cast iron pan?

fuck beef marinades.
Make a nice compound butter (google it) taragon/thyme/shallot is nice
Grill that up to your favorite temp
slather some compound butter and eat.

you can also use a vinaigrette (think chimichurri). the problem with grilled beef is that you have to make a separate sauce.

So just grill your shitty steaks and enjoy your tough meat then. What do you expect us to tell you? You bought poor quality meat and insist on grilling it, we're not miracle workers.

marinade in some soy sauce/worchester sauce, sous vide to 127F for 90 minutes, then grill each side 45 seconds

nobody cares what you're asking for this is Veeky Forums Veeky Forums faggot

you'll get what you get and fuck you if you don't like it

this is the kind of shit i am looking for. when do i add it on my sauce?.. and how do i turn those things into butter?
i made this thread about making poor cuts of meat better on a grill. i have seen the cast iron meme too many times. i just want to grill some steaks.
i like the soy sauce/worchester thing. but sous vide? i honestly have no idea what this is..

Marinade in a bag of vinegar and lemon juice for 24 hrs. This will help make the meat nice and tender.

Salt and pepper guy here. I do that method with top round cuts that are pretty damn lean when im craving steak while dieting. Keep it on the rarer side to retain some juice. You can also use garlic powder if your so inclined and a little A1 never hurt. Its pretty tasty imo.

my go to for cheap steaks is to be very liberal with montreal steak seasoning. don't just sprinkle it on, coat it good and rub that shit in

here, my general rule is the leaner a steak, the more rare it should be

If you're still here, OP, I have a pretty good panacea of a marinade.

1 part soy sauce
1 part fish sauce
2 parts teriyaki sauce
Liberal amounts of diced garlic, turmeric, paprika, salt, and pepper.

Put that all in a ziploc bag with your steak. Really massage the spices into the meat. Let it sit overnight. Then just cook like normal.

This tastes good on most meat, oddly enough. The strong flavors are pleasant and hide the cheap meat's sad, unmarbled existence with added moisture. The fermented and vinegar-based products will also make the meat soft.

I like to use this on hamburger meat, skirt steak, and those disturbingly low-priced chicken quarters from Fiesta.

Some good suggestions in this thread so far. Another thing you could do is pound the steaks flat to about 0.5cm thick. Then place various chopped herbs and spices in the centre (lemongrass, chilli, shallots, garlic, ginger etc) and roll it up. Then wrap it in bacon to make sure the steak stays moist and the flavour stays in the centre. Once you've done that, the next is pan, nice and hot, cook with butter.

>Please no
>PAN NICE AND HOT, BASTE WITH BUTTER, FRESH THYME

Well if you're not gonna listen to good advice, then.. fuck off.

Yep. This is essentially the best and most effective way to disguise sad meat. It's not just a meme, it's a reasonable way to solve your problem.

Cut them up for stir fry

Olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme those steaks and run a fork across the meat to press in the seasoning. Let it sit for an hour. When you put them on the grill put a slice of butter on top and let it melt over. When you flip the steak hit it with more butter.

I sometimes add montreal steak spice to the marinating time for a bit of tang.

>Open steaks and stabby stabby them with a fork
>Put marinade on them and let them marinate over night
>Before cooking, put seasoning (pic related is split down the middle and has half marinade and half seasonings)
>Let sit for 15 or so minutes before cooking for a more even finish
>Grill until it looks good

Pic related is like a dollar at the store and it can make meat taste amazing. I'm awful at giving cooking times because grills vary so just watch your steak and you should know when you're ready for it.