Well, the Monday al/ck/ thread is nearing its end. Time for Wednesday! Life completely wrecked edition

Well, the Monday al/ck/ thread is nearing its end. Time for Wednesday! Life completely wrecked edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ge7mozA-ptI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Drinking beer, playing Battlefield 1, watching old Borat clips. Might go to the bar/pizza shop I work at around midnight to make food and drink liquor.

I finish working at 9pm, and haven't drank the past 2 evenings
I feel like drinking tonight to celebrate 2 days sober plus it's nice and hot outside...
P-please send help plz :/

are you going to the pizza place to work?.. or just as an excuse to drink? got any good friends there? just asking, because its strange that a person might go to their work to wind down and relax. unless of course, you consider work your life. and kek. i love borat. i'll watch that tonight because of your post.
well if you want to stop then you must. but if you don't your only option is really spirits out of the bottle :(. i'm sorry, user, but these are really your only two options. you can try to drink beer or tasty cocktails, but we both know how it will likely end...i know how you feel and wish i could give you better advice.

Not going to work, I have the night off. It's just a fun spot to hang out, and I'll probably run into someone I know there.

And I always wake up with the munchies around midnight, and nowhere else is open.

well, user. drinks and pizza are nice. HOWEVER
i would consider finding a new job or career if you would like to better yourself. I'm sure you know this already, and i already feel pretentious as fuck typing this post. are you already planning work somewhere else (going to higher education perhaps?).. or aspiring to cook in a better restaurant?
Once again, not being a dick. I know Veeky Forums is notorious for these types of things.

>you can try to drink beer or tasty cocktails

I'm actually a beer drinker (9-12 daily)
And the stupidest thing is I live alone in a small appartment and make 60k a year, so I always purchase higher-tier beers that cost twice as much as PBRs and other garbage

I don't want to better myself. I want to be an angry drunk cook until it kills me. But on my nights off, I can be complacent drunk cook, which is highly enjoyable. And higher education? Dude I already have a degree in hospitality management, college doesn't teach you shit, work and life experience does. Every second spent sitting at a desk in a classroom is a second you could have spent on the line getting faster and better at cooking.

Hope this doesn't come off as assholey.

have you gotten into any trouble with you drinking? law or family/friends/otherwise?... or more importantly,... yourself?? because if you have, i would suggest stopping, and if that is too hard,. you must stop and think about what you are doing with your life! by that i mean, you must think about if you would like to die early and be an alcoholic.. if you don't want to be this, then you must seriously consider stopping. i say this because these are two real options for you. i'm sure most real people in your life would prefer you to stop. whether you will or not is held to higher scrutiny.

>type 1 diabetic
>have insulin pump thanks to government healthcare thing (am poorfag)
>it requires a mere jab from tiny needle every 4 days
>tfw deathly afraid of tiny pussy needle

this, is why i drink

get what is essentailly an artificial pancreas which means no more 4 needles per day

suddenly develop fear of needles despite being diabetic and taking them for decade+

cant even be mad

the pe doesnt help but not like im getting laid so its irrelevant

It does, and it's certainly not entirely correct. I will say, a lot of people who pursue college degrees (like myself) don't study a subject that will set them up for a lucrative career: they instead study something for its enjoyment factor (like me studying film; it was a poor choice).

But saying that all college is always a waste all the time is just ignorant, and sounds like the whinging of someone who regrets their degree choice.

I know you are a bunch of fucking drunks, but check the catalog before making another al/ck/ie thread

anyone else have emotionally triggered black outs

I spilled my heart out to my friend about liking her and it pretty much went how I expected but for some reason my memory right after this happened is blank and when I came to it was maybe four hours later and I was a three hour walk away from my campus.

I kinda wonder if I did something to make her kick me out of the car or if I just left because of how awkward the drive was but whatever.

what's most bizarre is that I hadn't drank in like two hours before it happened

Lol y u do this to yourself.
Update us when u find out what u did

I drink because I'll never know what a life without diabetes is
Pump made it easier to control, but always having to make ad-hoc plans at all times is turning me into a mental wreck

I'm probably never going to see her again which is why I resolved to say it then. she didn't delete me from Facebook so I doubt it was something terrible regarding her

>she didn't delete me from Facebook

Are you sure that isn't a more severe punishment?

But y do it drunk?
That made whatever you said 10x worse.

Downing a six pack of belgian moon watching a movie. Id like to add that i wish this board had an in depth sticky for cooking tips and whatnot.

I didn't want to do it drunk, I planned on doing it the day before but didn't see her and this party was my last chance.

I was pretty lucid since I had only been drinking pretty low abv beer stretched across like nine hours and had stopped drinking earlier than a lot of other people because I didn't want to make an awkward thing even worse by being a drunken mess

thats why me blacking out is so bizarre I don't understand it

Weird.
Are you gonna ask her?
Im curious too

So i have been drinking a 1/2 bottle of tequila for about 4 days straight.
Today i felt like shit but went and had a great workout and drank a gallon of water.
Still feel shitty and am now drinking a couple beers to feel better.

Heres my question, if im drinking just enough to feel ok not drunk. Will i continue being hungover?
Is this how alcoholism starts?

I do not think I should talk to her for a while

I'm just gonna assume my body has learned to weaponize black outs in order to spare me from terribly awkward situations

Lol @ this cope

im 26 and don't know what a hangover feels like. have i been drinking too long?

>I feel like drinking tonight to celebrate 2 days sober
You do realize how stupid that is, right

>Is this how alcoholism starts

Basically yes

Once the booze starts to change/effect your metabolism you're getting there

>Is this how alcoholism starts?
Hair of the dog is something only alcoholics do
You're already one, user.

you got any other theories

No im on vacation. I normally only drink once every couple weeks.

I thought beer taper was recommend and generally looked at as a positive

You made a fool out of yourself then blacked out.

that's not a good theory on how I blacked out without being shitfaced prior :/

I think u are underestimating how fucked up u were thus not remembering what u said.

I have a theory
You drinking tea and that is the root cause
But you were also angry for some reason
And u blacked out from 1/2 anger 1/2 drink.
Without the drink would not have happened. But u knew and wanted to happening

The sooner you accept reality the sooner you'll be able to cope with it

Made me laugh and then made me sad.

Yes, but my addiction is trying to convince me to do ''2 nights sober 1 night drunk'' all the time, because afterall ''it'stotally fine and way better than drinking every single night''

Nah I did a sobriety check like thirty minutes prior in the bathroom and I was good to go

I was more sad than angry but I guess that makes sense
wow I really hope I did not cry

even if I did something bad it doesn't explain how I ended up so far away since her house is not in the area I came to in at all.

She is torturing you this way. Forcing you to really make you think.

gets this

Well yeah, but you know whats even better? Getting shitfaced once a week and not waking up hungover as christ every other day

she's not that kind of person though

10:55pm and I can't buy beer after 11pm... it's too late now.
I... I did it!! 3rd night sober wow!!!

Eat shit and
Go fuck yourself

>I can't buy beer after 11pm
Tell me where you live so I know never to visit

Atta boy u goin through WDs. Day 3 is suppose to be pretty bad

Canada

Not necessarily emotionally triggered, but...

>get back on fb for the first time since blackout
>look at messages
>see that I had been legit flirting with my high school-age cousin
>fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

A

FUCKING

> (You)
>Not necessarily emotionally triggered, but...
>>get back on fb for the first time since blackout
>>look at messages
>>see that I had been legit flirting with my high school-age cousin
>>fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

damn
I just don't read my blackout messages past the level needed to continue a conversation desu, and if I'm even able to continue the conversation then I guess jt wasn't too bad after all

how did your cousin respond?

U r a hot mess

She was flirting back in the messages but has never mentioned it in person. There was a long stretch of time between the blackout and getting back on fb, 5 months or so. I had no idea it ever happened.

Fuck you, you aren't me.

Never posted in these threads because I am not an alcohol. I've had three tall boys tonight with an old friend though so I figured why not. I'm mainly a weed guy

I wish I could be social on weed so I could just do that instead of alcohol desu

Yeah I've never been a huge fan of alcohol. Probably because I am a lightweight and have a history of throwing up, especially after drinking too much liquor. Which is why I prefer beer

I've been an emotional crutch. For 10 years. And I knew it deep down, and I drank it down, and probably killed off 20 years of my life. And just in time for us both to start getting clean, it becomes so obvious, and of such great consequence, I have nothing to look forward to, and I never did.

couldn't take the shakes anymore, went to dr for Valium. Got a stash of 60

Found out from a mutual friend of ours that after confessing we went to taco bell. I wasn't hungry so I just stayed in the car and while she was inside I apparently vanished

Then fast forward a few hours to me blacking in and I'm wandering along the side of a highway at daybreak struggling to get back to my bed

Oh well

All of my wd symptoms occur roughly twice as fast as wikipedia states. I'm pretty much done with day 3 wd symptoms at 36 hours in.

>Didn't drink yesterday
Nice, gonna have 4-5 beers today and be sober tomorrow
Fuck withdrawal

Anyone else never got the shakes in their hands, but your legs started trembling really hard and uncontrollably when you were standing up? Only standing up, perfectly fine sitting down

Congrats.

Time to fall in love with someone else.

While you were in the car, you thought "fuck it", went out, got a bottle at the nearest bottle shop, and from here didn't go back in the car (maybe you had planned to when exiting).
You were in semi-automated mode at that time, it didn't get into your long-term memory before you started drinking, thus why the blackout start a bit before drinking.

19 checking in

my mom buys me booze cuz shes nice. last night i had my first experience of "too much" half a bottle of tequila and i was barely feeling it but after about 20 minutes i could hardly walk. it was kinda fun for like 10 minutes then i made ramen which took a really long time then i ate half of it and immediately felt like death so i layed down and every time i closed my eyes everything started spinning so i just layed with my eyes open staring at the wall until i passed out after like 40 minutes. is this what my life is going to be like?

Do you realize you're blacked out when you're blacked out? Since you don't have any memories longer than like 5-10 seconds?
Can this thing even be studied?

Aw fuck
>Tfw Terry's Nails

>Sign of liver damage
FUCK

Also have these lines but they're not as visible as on the picture
Fuck me, fuck me hard

This is simply fucking epic
>One sign of Terry's nails is malnutrition
>malnutrition
I keep seeing that fucking word over and over

NOBODY EVER UFKCING SAYS TWHAT UFCKING MALTNURIOT
WHAT FUCKING MIENRALS OR VITAMINS IM LACKING
FUCKING CHRSIT
HOLY FUCKING SHIT JUST FUCKING TELL ME WHAT IM MISSING REEEEEEEEEEE

welp
>Belly fat is growing
>Can only see the outline of my abs when I flex them
>A lot more shit when I pinch the skin on my stomach

>black out
>start al/ck/ thread
>regain consciousness
>start another

Striations are just genetic.
Might be worth worrying about, not sure.

LEAF

That's where I started 3 months ago.

Now I have a 40 lb gut which is impossible to remove and makes me genuinely consider suicide daily.

Don't let it get out of control. Stop over eating and get active now before it's too late.

Those dark areas near the tips of my nails weren't there a year ago

>only had two glasses of scotch last night
>the glasses are 6 Mississippi count pours
Feels good

>Mississippi count

I've only ever seen females do that in tv shows, counting mississippis
Do people actually fucking do that in America?

Used to go through a pint of vodka every day and then whatever i had laying around at home after work.

Started drinking water like a fish and I'll maybe have a drink with my brother once a week. Maybe it'll work for you guys.

Yea its fairly normal.
They teach us that as kids

Yeah. When playing touch football as kids, you would have to could to 7 Mississippi before blitzing the quarterback

what am I looking at here?

It's an easy way to teach kids how to roughly count out seconds, because they're sugar addled shitgoblins and will just scream ONETWOTHREEFOURFIVESIX as fast as they can and do whatever it was they're supposed to wait on.

You can check if someone else is blackouting, by asking them to remember something and asking them to repeat it a few seconds later.
You could try with a paper or something. But you won't remember you're blackouting a few seconds after learning it...

1:25 pm here. tried as hard as i could to not drink today, but the shaking and fear got too bad, so the gf took me to get a pint of vodka. hopefully i'll be able to attempt a taper with this

>No al/ck/ thread on the front page.

Not on my watch goddammit. I just started my daily glug from a plastic vodka bottle.

Taper with beer stoopid.
Look up a proper taper and follow.

>tfw type 1 diabetic
>tfw can only dream of a pump one day

I hope I die soon

>tapering with hard liquor
not gonna make it

liquor > wine > beer

buy shitty stuff you don't actually want to drink

There is nothing wrong with tapering with vodka provided you're willing to taper. Your girlfriend sounds awesome. My girlfriend was invaluable in my recovery.

Fuck I'm dyeing... You know how they say alcks don't have hangovers. Every now and then they're wrong. I drink every day for 10 years and for some reason today is the day I die. So fucking nauseous. I can't tell if my brain feels shrunken or swollen. blarrgggggg............ I've been up for 4 hours and it's gotten worse.

>bored
>start up a game
>quit playing
>start a movie
>pause and do something else
>nothing to do
god dammit I want to drink.

Clean your room

anyone else here drink primarily because they are very lonely

think i could quit if i just had someone in my life but i have nothing to quit for

Alot of people turn to drugs alch due to isolation.
Really u would need healthy group hobbies to make new friends and start to change ur situation.

But it can be done, it may take time. But it's def doable

I drink to stop the memories.

Anyone else fear wetbrain?

Just dtabk 40% feel like death only Make me think

yeah I know, all my busy work is done, nothing to do. I earned a drink or nine.

Hello drunken friends
post tunes

youtube.com/watch?v=ge7mozA-ptI

VERY bad post.

A fucking leaf lol
Just taking a break from /pol/ no offense

i had these for about a month recently. sign of kidney damage, i found out (from google so i don't know.) cleared up even though drinking just as much. from watching tv, too, i found it can be a sign of arsenic poisoning.