Let's have us a good old fashion beer thread. Post your favorite craft beers, cheap beers, or malt liquor...

Let's have us a good old fashion beer thread. Post your favorite craft beers, cheap beers, or malt liquor. All are welcome.

Is there a new Game of Thrones beer out yet?

No but there is a new recipe for Harry Potter Butterbeer, faggot.

Cheap, easy to drink, mild but not skunky, a nice beer to enjoy on a hot summer's day while your boyfriend cries in the bathroom as he bleaches his asspussy.

I feel that way about genny. Sure it's not the best. But it's cheap and refreshing to drink. Sucks I just gave up beer for a while though, I miss it.

My only problem with the organic chocolate stout is how thin it feels, like skim milk.
Also why would I ever get it when I can get a Taddy porter or Oatmeal stout

I can't get into oatmeal stout. But I love Taddy Porter. It was the first European beer I ever had. If your into thicker beers definitely give this a try. Really bold flavor heavy flavor. Not sure if they sell it outside P.a though.

Where I live, Genny has become the new PBR.

That said, it's pretty good desu and for the price you pay, not a bad pale lager.

I drank that swill in Harry Potter land at Universal Studios.

>drinking ¨¨¨beer¨¨¨ not brewed after the Reinheitsgebot

pleb tier

You really can't beat $15 for a case. No one really drinks it here, and the hipsters haven't adopted PBR as their go to beer yet. They're too busy jacking off to every ipa with some edgy art on the label.

What's an authentic Reinheitsgebot beer?

Like, they're still using the same brewing techniques, equiptment and malts they did 5 gorillion years ago.

My friend just recently got me to try Colt 45, and honestly I was surprised by how not shit it was. It's not great but its so perfectly okay. I honestly see it turning into the go to hispter beer after the PBR craze ends.

Any german beer brewed with just Hops, Malt and Water

If I want a chocolate beer around here, I get this.
It has a much stronger chocolate taste but isn't really really heavy.

Those are just the 30 year olds trying to stay trendy. Real hipsters are on the verge of being crust punks now. Most drink hamms in my area

Is it a like a candy chocolate flavor, or does it taste like really cocoa beans. I've had both but I definitely prefer the cocoa bean taste.

Damn, I've never seen anyone drink hamms around here. A lot of people here are OBSESSED with Victory's beer. It's pretty good but people in york act like it's the second coming.

No fucking joke, I bought this last week only because it looked 'cool' with the lumbersexual skeleton on the bottle. Tasted like absolute garbage.

Full Sail makes a tastier IPA and they charge you mere pennies compared to New Belgium. Told some of my beer snobs the same and they balked, saying my palate was unrefined and I had childish tastes.

And honestly, I think much the same about Arrogant Bastard's IPA.

It's a bit sweet, like a candy bar that was made with dark chocolate.

One of my friends bought the exact same shit for the exact same reason. It tasted like shit but all Ipas taste like soap to me so I guess I can't judge. The guy I know only drinks this shit because he's convinced buying beer with a lower proof is a waste of time.

Hamms is actually pretty okay and cheaper than pabst

I'll have to give it try once I start drinking beer again.

This isn't what I expected. It's a lot more caramel forward than nutty. There's some nutty flavors in the retronasal but nothing that is immediately perceptible. It's a good sweeter stout though.

That is an excellent beer, especially after a heafty dinner.

Shame there aren't any fresh four packs in my area.
As far as malt liqqas go, Colt 45 and Hurricane aren't too bad when it comes to flavor. A little bit of noble hops do come through even though they've been through more abuse than Throatfuckers.com.
>New Belgium
>any IPA ever
Their barrel aged sour beer are awesome but their core aside from Fat Tire are absolute shit. Hell, Ranger just tastes like an old IPA and I had one last week with a bottle date of just one week prior.

Also, if anyone here isn't too autistic about meeting someone in person, I'm gonna be at Modern Times this Saturday at around noon. I have to pick up my bottles. It would be nice to meet a few other co/ck/s.

Drinking the BIG (33 oz) can of Asahi super dry. the only macro lagers I ever drink are jap ones cause I'm a weeaboo or something I guess. Other than that I bought a 4pk of Ayinger Celebrator. Shit is pretty dope

>And honestly, I think much the same about Arrogant Bastard's IPA.

yeah, no. And I think you meant Stone IPA. Not that stone is the best IPA out there but it's better than Voodoo Ranger.

Voodoo Ranger is pretty good though, and you get it for $4-$5 cheaper than something like Stone so I get these all the time. Fuck beer snobs, they can pay the tab for you if they want to balk at what you're drinking

Same here, I like the weeaboo lagers better than the ones in America. I even tried a "blind" test with a bucnch of Miller, Coors, Budweiser, Sapporo, Asahi, and (even) Tsing-Tao and the chink ones tasted better to me.
>not drinking a local option cheaper and supporting the economy
There's a local place near me that kills it on Red IPAs and it's the tits. 11 Below if you're ever in Texas.

yea i go local when i can. Sweetwater for me or anything from Asheville. I've been to Texas several times though, I don't imagine I'll be returning if I can help it.

>He like Samuel Smith's and admits malt liquor isn't that bad

Good taste? On my Veeky Forums?

Trying local beers is great. I go to college in P.a and there's a ton of good beer there. Not to many great brews back home in Maryland though.

I think I'll pick up a 40 of malt liquor tomorrow. Any suggestions? I was thinking steel reserve

Old English is smooth. Drink down to the top of the label and top up with orange juice.

Colt 45 works every time

Rec me some good lambics and sours Veeky Forums (pic not related)

Hard mode: something not local/easily accessible throughout the U.S.

P good

Yummy! I like just about everything left hand cranks out

Except this crap. I felt so gypped when I bought a sixer and couldn't even finish the first beer :-\ passed the rest to a friend, he just tossed it out.

had this twice in my life and its the best thing i've ever tasted

and i have had about every fucking craft beer melbourne has to offer

goat wheat beer

have you had the geuze tilquin?

god damn it, op

when i lived in london i drank obb every day

EVERY GOD DAMN DAY

there is nothing like it where i live...

My favorite since I was 16. grew up with the brewery in my hometown. It's uses have never ceased to amaze me from beer battered halibut to just plain out getting me hammered. plus its a god beer for someone on a low budget.

No I don't think any place close by sells it, sounds great from the description :( got anything that's more commercial?

Gulden Draak, a dark belgian beer.

tastes like weird apple juice. Kinda strong, not all that good tho. Better stick with IPA. First time i bought it i thought it said "guten tag." Oops.

tried this last night
fucking based

Ah man I was so excited to try this two days ago, it was such a disappointment. Tastes like a mediocre stout with chocolate flavouring.

I could have just go an Asahi. Anybody know some good quality stouts?

Baltika actually released an Imperial that's super tasty. Its sweeter than hell and has gravity out the wazoo. Anybody else tried it?

I tried baltika once and it tasted so bad I threw up half way through.

Which baltika?

9? The one that comes in the big plastic bottle

>Anybody know some good quality stouts?

Petroleum, by DUM.
Unfortunately, you can probably only get it in Brazil.

It's a Cocoa Oatmeal Imperial Stout (Russian Imperial Stout) - they gave it that name because of the shittons of belgian cocoa and oatmeal used in the beer.

IBU is around 95 and ABV at 12% but the beer is surprisingly non-alcoholic tasting - the body is MASSIVE and dense, its got the deepest darkest black color I've seen in a beer, taste is phenomenal.

I work at a bar and we usually have it on TAP.

its too sweet

That IBU sounds like it was made for me. Do you think I can get it in England?

New Belgium is shit tier craft beer for plebs.

Good stuff imho

Where do you live that baltika comes in plastic? Its fairly good in glass, Id guess yours was probably either skunked or counterfeit.

How stout do you want it? Are you a fan of imperials?

I don't know much about stouts, I just know I want it very stout.

Nectar of the gods user

Go for Old Rasputin if you can find it and tell me what you think. Its about as stout as a stout can stout. Back from there you could try Oatmeal Yeti.

It was 51 oz

>get addicted to fall/winter beers
>can't find any spring/summer beers I like
>can't go back to generic shit like miller or lebatt

sucks to be me

Try a hefe. They're a little more heavy bodied than a lot of spring/summer offerings

Thanks, I'll look for this.

YYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Just drink shandys and brass monkeys. Thats what I do all summer.

I can't wait for summer beers personally! Radlers, fruit beers, wheat beers, berliner weisse, sours, light session IPAs/APAs, there are a ton of options. I had the best year of fall/winter beers yet and I'm still nostalgic and excited for summer stuff.

I just had Lindemans Cuvée René this week! I'm nowhere near an expert on lambic/geuze because regulations mean I can't find any. Top lists on ratebeer/beeradvocate should give you a good idea.
I enjoyed this one, even though I can't stand sweet (surprised your pour is so little though, did you pour it straight or tilted?)

I'll be in LA soon for a wedding, it's going to be a very short trip with not much free time so recommend me some beer available to pick up or places to get it. I'm not sure what area I'm going to be in yet but I should definitely find out soon. I'll probably try to stock up a bunch into my suitcase to get back to Canada.

This shit.

Have any Anons tried Fonteinen beer? Stupidly expensive, but incredible beer.

O hey, that's my favorite one too OP. But on the bitter side I do like pic related

>falling for le reinheitsgebot meme
You are the pleb tbqh
there is great beer outside of the rules and there is sure as shit awful beer within them

Do you know how to read the date codes? Got a bottle in the fridge dated 0196

I like stronger beers, mind if I add some yeast?

Google the local stuff. If at a bar with a good beer menu at any point, ask them about the place they buy their beer, go there, and talk to the people working there. They'll hook you up. That's what I do when I travel anywhere.

>not drinking a local option cheaper and supporting the economy

yep, thats why fridge is always full of deep ellum

Drinking this guy right now. Really good, has a nice coffee flavor without the roasted or bitter notes, the hops work really with it. Not something to drink a couple pints of but one is really nice. If ever in Olympia check them out, good food and beer.

No idea pham.

I had 3 of these the other day. Mmmm

Alaskan does not make a bad beer.

Red Dog ftw

Hammbition

Any of the ones from Une Annee

I like this, they have an excellent flavor

Rate my pick up

I've been drinking a lot of Red Stripe lately. It's good but I think the bottle shape is the biggest reason I keep buying it. It's fucking cool

From a brewery about an hour away from me

>I've gotta go to work soon, but I'm gonna drink this beer I bought yesterday first
>Start to feel drunk
>Look at label
>12.4% ABV
Wew lad
This shit is good though.

That calibier looks völkisch.

Anyone like chocolate stout?

I am usually pleasantly surprised by Founders, though the most provocative product from them is Devil dancer. It really was a Wow... this is the power of hops and malt moment.

I have tried a few from Siren, I kinda get the feeling that the labels are design to justify the price.

Had this yesterday, heartily recommended. The PX-aged version is apparently even better.

Yee
My favorites are the oatmeal stout and Rubaeus, but I'm really surprised I didn't notice the alcohol content in doom. Still a bit buzzed from one bottle.
Never had or heard of devil dancer.

>Italian pizza ale

tried it?

Nope. Is it actually good? I meant to put an inquisitive picture with the post but got lazy

Probably better than the average of the other kind of IPA.
How many pizzas are in it?

This one right here

I will try it probably tomorrow.
Seller told me it was weird but he liked it (balsamic and others herbs).

Funny thing, did not remember the brewery but had Rubaeus some time back, good brew and might be able to find it again now. Devil Dancer is a "extreme" triple IPA. Very malty but also heavily hopped, the result is balanced.

On another note going to have a tasting soon. Sequence of samples:
1) Stiegl pils, hoppy pilsener
2) Toccalmatto Sibilla, saison
3) Hitachino Anbai Ale, salty plum wit
4) Kallio Brewing/ Amiata collab Madahan,Tropical milk IPA
5) Thornbridge Jaipur, IPA
6) Fullers Devil dancer, triple IPA
7) Anderson's Keyser Söze, cucumber gose
8) Schneider Weisse tap 5 Meine Hopfenweisse, heavily hopped Weisse
9) Stuise pannepot 12, quadrupel
10) Rochefort 10, quadrupel
11) Prykmestar Savukataja, junipersmoked bock
12) De Molen Txapela & Klompen, pic related

Now some of the beers are likely to be unfamiliar but on a general level is it going to work? Participants are all dudes.