Any chilli heads here? What's the hottest pepper you have eaten or cooked with...

Any chilli heads here? What's the hottest pepper you have eaten or cooked with. I'm looking to try some reapers and chocolate butlah.

Made some chili with naga ghost, ruined the entire pot.

I guess probably scotch bonnets or habaneros? Reapers (and similar) are for edgelords who grew up eating bland crap. It's the militant atheism of food. Mexicans (and to a lesser extent Indians) do great things with chilis, but the emphasis is on a good eating experience, not proving how "macho" you are by eating weaponized produce.

I did pretty much the same. Dried ghost. Nobody in the house could eat it. I ate it but hated it.

cant be a habanero serrano mix. habanero for the heat serrano for the taste

my wife got ghost peppers unknowingly and sauteed them with the aim of making braised pork. we almost died and i think my dog actually cried but we still ate them

Habanero is the hottest I have eaten but I am sprouting 10 Carolina Reaper seeds so hopefully a few of those seed.

Couldn't you find a way to dilute it?

I just a habanero. It was spicy but not that bad. I want to try bhut jolokia now.

I tried adding water and salt, only seemed to amplify the heat. I've long since tossed it out but I want to give it another go with less pepper.

What's a good way to dilute that kind of heat?

I scooped the seeds out of this by hand 27 hours ago and the capsaicin has made it feel like there's a lighter on my fingers all night and day, still burns like fucking hell. The lady at the store told me it was a banana pepper. What the fuck?
I planted the seeds, this time wearing a glove.

I used ketchup and bbq sauce for mine. A lot of it and more tomatoes.

A bell pepper.

You don't have to to use a whole ghost pepper in anything to taste it. Just grind it into powder and add just a tiny amount and you get the flavor with a reasonable amount of heat. Its not that hard to figure out.

what would be the point of that unless all you're interested in is making all your food taste like burning?

it's like dumping everclear into grape juice instead of drinking wine

although you mcchicken fucks would probably think that's a good idea too, "lol i bet this triggers the mean snobs who made me feel dumb"

there is no point in anything over around 200k scovilles, other than making stupid youtube prank videos

>what would be the point of that unless all you're interested in is making all your food taste like burning?

I do it all the time. It has its own unique flavor and its not painfully spicy if you just use a tiny bit. Its not like a pinch of it has the same heat as a whole chili.

>using less of something means the dish is less hot
wow what an insight

there are limits to how much capsaicin you can add to a dish before it becomes inedible. I realize "chlii heads" don't really grasp this because they're not in it for enjoyment, but normal chilis that are not genetically engineered monstrosities actually have a lot of complex flavors and aromas. deliberately giving all that up because you just want to blow your face out with bear spray means you basically don't give a shit about food

>deliberately giving all that up because you just want to blow your face out with bear spray

Funny how I can manage to use ghost pepper without that happening. Are you the guy who sperged out over dried beans?

no, but whatever that argument was about, I am fairly certain he was in the right

Try it some time. Put a little dash of ghost pepper powder in some chicken noodle soup or some chilli. It's not too hot and it tastes good.

>Are you the guy who sperged out over dried beans?

Kek, I think you nailed him. Btw, that was one of the most hilarious threads we've had in awhile. I hope he keeps popping up from time to time.

not only did you feed the dog a ghost pepper but you fed him pork. how fucking dim can one be