I've heard that gum doesn't decompose but I've also heard that it does

I've heard that gum doesn't decompose but I've also heard that it does.

So, does chewing gum decompose?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gum_base
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't know, test it and find out for yourself.

Short answer,yes.

Ok. Good.

I felt bad about throwing old ones away because I thought they would sit in a landfill forever.

What do you do with the ones you chew, if not throw them away?

>not swallowing gum

>not pooping in the trash

Not in your body but it passes straight through. In nature it does

Gum = rubber

It isn't vulcanized like a car tire is but it is the same shit

Eating it will not kill you but you really shouldn't

My old math teacher would tell anyone in class chewing gum that it was incredibly unhealthy to do whilst on an empty stomach, something about it making you think you're consuming so your digestive system goes into overdrive with stomach acid corroding stomach walls because of lack of fuel to burn.

He also believed the CIA killed Bob Marley with some type of radiation gun pulsed through a hotel wall.

Everything decomposes eventually, except maybe protons.

Gum isn't rubber, I don't think it ever was

Gum used to have a latex like ingredrient. It doesn't have any rubber any more.

look at the ingredients list

Are you stupid?

Sorry i dont mean to be so aggressive. Synthetic rubbers used in gum are controversially rubber because they sometimes do not have the necessary characteristics to be rubber. An example, melting double bubble bubble gum.

Few months back, I went on a diet to lose some weight and I started chewing gum instead of eating snacks and candy. I chew about a pack a day (12 pieces or so). Is there anything in the gum that's bad? Aspartame? One of the other dozen chemicals in there?

Well, how's your pooper holding up?

'Cuz me, I can't touch sugar free gum at all. Those artificial sweeteners completely wreck my stomach. Even just chewing one piece will have me doubled over with bubblegut. More than one and I'm blowing snot out of my asshole like it's got a cold.

no, it breaks down quickly into minute quantities of substances that you will ingest more of in a typical diet, even if it has spooky neurological effects it can't be absorbed into the blood let alone pass the blood-brain barrier

Nothing really looks suspicious, but I'm not going to google every ingredient.

Aspartame, for the most part, is relatively safe. Like everything in existence, there's always a way it can hurt you. Aspartame is a dipeptide consisting of phenylalanine and aspartic acid. Phenylalanine is relatively hard to remove from the body and can buildup over time. For most people, they're not guzzling aspartame by the gallons so you can safely digest the amino acid, but some people with genetic disorders cannot properly handle the amino acid, resulting in a quick buildup of it and a variety of resulting symptoms. This is the biggest health concern with it.

It's fine as long as you don't consume a LOT of it, just like most ingredients in food.

that's fucking interesting! I've been pooping about 2-3x a day now and only little comes out. I ascribed it to eating less.

hmmmm... could that really be due to aspartame or some other chemical in gum?

yeah, I'm not buying into aspartame being nurotoxic.

aspartame isn't one of the sweeteners that cause diarrhea yet it is the most demonized by conspiracy theorists, because obesity causes so much ill health I would recommend doing the opposite and scoffing anything with aspartame in place of candy and soft drinks

Yeah, it's less actual diarrhea and more just crazy volumes of gas and a touch of the ol' butt mucous.

Chewing does stimulate the release of stomach acid but I don't think by enough by itself to cause issues like stomach ulcers

Gum is not in any way a rubber

Sorbitol is a laxitive but it's used as a sugar replacement

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gum_base

protip: it's rubber that comes from a tree

That would be the sugar alcohols.
Sorbitol, Xylitol, Maltitol, Erythritol, and all those other good things.
For the underexperienced, they cause bad shits for a few weeks, but that can go away with time. Ask Veeky Forums about it, a lot of proton powders contain it too.

Just don't let your dog get to it because some kinds are literally ultra-poison to them.