Right-wingers tend to be less intelligent than left-wingers

>Right-wingers tend to be less intelligent than left-wingers

>Conservatism is more common in people with lower IQ

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2095549/Right-wingers-intelligent-left-wingers-says-controversial-study--conservative-politics-lead-people-racist.html

Yeah, it is just a small-scale single study, but damn it, it really looks like a confirmation of na obvious truth.

“He who joyfully marches to music rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless brutality, deplorable love-of-country stance and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.”

Albert Einstein

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/06/03/how-democratic-or-republican-is-your-job-this-tool-tells-you/
tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/08913810902934109
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2892678/
nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/the-teen-brain-6-things-to-know/index.shtml
npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=141164708
bridges2understanding.com/maturation-of-the-prefrontal-cortex/
bbc.com/news/magazine-24173194
google.com/amp/s/www.newscientist.com/article/dn20803-brains-synaptic-pruning-continues-into-your-20s/amp/
us.mensa.org/connect/sigs/sig-crossreference/?xref=POLITICS
sodahead.com/united-states/libertarian-atheists-have-highest-iq/question-2841491/?link=ibaf&q=&esrc=s
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/05/170524140721.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Most people in academia are lean more to the left

lean more*

fancy hearing that from a man who's ideas led to a weapon that killed so many and completely redefined warfare. all this after selling himself to the country that would kill millions of his own countrymen.

I doubt there's any causal effect between being smart and voting for the left. Typically people who live in cities vote more on the left, and typically these people are more educated. It shouldn't be surprising then that there is a correlation between voting on the left and having a slightly higher IQ, since you're likely to come from an urban area and have had a higher education.

Albert Einstein didn't make any weapons. If Szilard, Fermi and other physicists had discovered that radioactive material could be weaponized, the Nazis probably knew too. On their requests, Einstein suggested to Roosevelt that he race to make a nuclear bomb before the Nazis could.

A big chunk of the right wing tend to be working-class poor people.

Don't be fooled by the middle class bourgeois alt-right kiddies, they are but a minority of the right wing population.

So clearly, poor people tend to have lower IQ as they had a lower level of education. Just like africans have lower IQs exactly because they lack the kind of education that develops the traits that increase IQ.

>dailymail
this isn't anything new btw. it goes like this
leftwingers> rightards
atheists> christcucks
whites> niggers

No, their right side is fatter

This is a weird article, because it says love for authority is right-wing, but in modern day, the right wing hates the media and official figures and are more likely to want secession.

I am the smartest person in the world and I don't agree with left right simplification of politic opinions

That's because colleges are leftist brainwash camps. Just try to say there are only two genders on a college campus and tell me how intelligent your enlightened liberal academia is.

Reminder that only brainlets care about averages, because a non-brainlet would be exceeding them all already.

>dailymail
it's a leftist rag fudging their numbers to pat themselves on the back
again
for the ten thousandth fucking time

Intelligence (or lack thereof) isn't exclusive to people belonging to the ”left" or the "right" or whatever. Same with health and fitness; both fatfucks and healthy and fit people can be found in both groups.

In the West. This is not true in Eastern Europe, Russia, or Japan.

Really, most educated people tend to go along with the "acceptable" political viewpoint.

>Dailyfail
Not giving them clicks, what's the sample size?

Nice to see Veeky Forums b8ing /pol/ instead of vice versa for once.

Pic relevant

Pic less related
(Both from pew btw)

So scientists that actually work fora living instead of relying on government hand-outs have the lowest % of democrats? Really makes you think.

They should do the study in reverse order and question people with exceptionally high for their political opinions.
My guess is that they would find that they tend to have vastly more conservative views than their peers.
Why?
Well to to sum up broadly
You are either too dumb to realize the complexity of the reality that surrounda you and too dumb to care, so you will just go with the set of values that have the most of the "feel good" attributes to them.
Or smart enough to recognize the basic features of the reality that surrounds you, and want to influence that reality.
If you are dumb enough to not realize that reality is so complexity of that reality you are most likely to feel that changing that reality is easy if people just "listened to you". This is the mindset of all sub 120-130
iq leftist.
It's only when you realize both the complexity of the reality that surrounds you and your incompetence in changing this system that you start to appreciate the beauty of conservative views that allowd you to gather this much intelligence.

>No.8948512
>we can't kno nuffins theredforedve'st we shan't do duffins

Here is that sub 120 I was talking about
Maybe do what you can knowing that it might do more harm than good and as such you should only do what you are most sure (and can prove with high certainty) would enable the complex system that surround you go grow in the best way possible? (maintaining complexty while eliminating possible bad outcomes)

>awknoledges that its a small-scale single study
>"it really looks like a confirmation of na obvious truth"
fucking retard.

Right. If we look at the STEM fields, it's still majority left-leaning. Social Sciences need to be
D E F U N D E D

Damn writing with this phone auto correct while on the bus is a fucking nightmare
What I meant to write is

They should do the study in reverse order and question people with exceptionally high in for their political opinions.
My guess is that they would find that they tend to have vastly more conservative views than their peers.
Why?
Well to to sum up broadly
You are either too dumb to realize the complexity of the reality that surrounds you and too dumb to care, so you will just go with the set of values that have the most of the "feel good" attributes to them.
Or smart enough to recognize the basic features of the reality that surrounds you, and want to influence that reality.
If you are dumb enough to not realize the complexity of that reality, you are most likely to feel that changing that reality is easy if people just "listened to you". This is the mindset of all sub 120-130
iq leftist.
It's only when you realize both the complexity of the reality that surrounds you and your incompetence in changing this system that you start to appreciate the beauty of conservative views that allowd you to gather this much intelligence.

So conservatives are happy having no control over their lives. That actually makes a lot of sense.

If you or anyone else is "in control" then only a subset of the population will be in control, which would mean that only a subset of the population can contribute to the overall progress of humanity.
You might think that this is a good thing but since you clearly don't know shit abound dynamic systems your opinion is worth jack shit.

There is a direct correlation between being right wing/conservative and wealth. As in, the more to the right you lean the more successful and wealthy you are likely to be. Intelligence and IQ are too abstract to measure precisely and accurately, where as wealth is exact and so is a MUCH better statistic to make comparisons with.

Also, if you adjust the stats so it's only whites vs whites then you will see right leaning whites edging out left leaning whites. Libtards always rig studies by getting as many Asians as possible on their side to skew the numbers. They also leave out hispanics due to the survey being only done in english, skewing the numbers further. This is why you have to compare people of the same ethnicity to get an accurate reading.

Mose people in academia are there only because they couldn't hack it in the private sector, or they work in a bullshit field which has no real world applications like women's studies.

Wrong on all accounts.

He said the opposite you moron, recognizing that you can't change the system doesn't mean you can't control your own life. On the contrary knowing that the system is useless compels ones to seek greater personal responsibility instead of relying on others.

>He said the opposite you moron, recognizing that you can't change the system doesn't mean you can't control your own life
That isn't what he said at all. If that's what he meant, then he didn't articulate his point clearly enough for people who don't share his delusions to understand. You summed it up in one sentence, and you're clearly an idiot, so there's no excuse.

Niggers tend to be left wingers yet they are dumbest of the dumb

conservatives 1
niggers and liberals 0

>There is a direct correlation between being right wing/conservative and wealth. As in, the more to the right you lean the more successful and wealthy you are likely to be.
>Also, if you adjust the stats so it's only whites vs whites then you will see right leaning whites edging out left leaning whites. Libtards always rig studies by getting as many Asians as possible on their side to skew the numbers. They also leave out hispanics due to the survey being only done in english, skewing the numbers further.
THIS (digits confirm)

>t retard
right wingers are enamored with muh big stronk leader, hence their lust for "small dick complex" putin and russia

all these claims of ebil leftist scientists rigging studies yet not one shred of evidence presented.
confirmed retard, you'd be a good case study for dumb right wingers/ christcuck

Sure and Republicans are still smarter than democrats according to cognitive measures on the GSS converted to IQ score even after controlling for ethnicity. The perception that Republicans are dumb comes from overestimating the number of people on "the right" that are social conservatives as opposed to libertarians, who are more intelligent.

Lefties are poor brainlets irl.

>As in, the more to the right you lean the more successful and wealthy you are likely to be.
>Implying it's not the other way around

Nu-entrepreneurs are the exception not the rule.Most succesful business men are borderline fascist or libertarians

That still implies a causation, it's just as possible that becoming wealthy makes people more conservative.

>Most succesful business men are borderline fascist
is this what /pol/ really believes?

More or less. I can't understand why, when it's pretty clear they overwhelming majority are neo-cons.
>Source: I used to spend a lot of time shitposting there, that was until it became impossible to tell shitposters from genuineposters.

At least were I live it is the case.There also plenty of neocons and some libertarians.Nu-entrepreneurs are a rarity
People that start their own business tend to hae right wing thinking patterns.The business world is dominated by right wing people.Academia is monopolyzed by lefties.

where do you live?

washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/06/03/how-democratic-or-republican-is-your-job-this-tool-tells-you/

CEOs tend to be republican, but founders or founders and CEOs tend to be democrat for some reason.

St.Louis

Founders and founder-CEOs are literally unironically privileged liberals out of touch with the real world while CEOs know how it really is and have risen to the top only through their hardwork and intelligence.

>Founders and founder-CEOs are literally unironically privileged liberals out of touch with the real world
You realize stating your opinions without facts to back it up aren't going to impress anyone here, right?
>the real world while CEOs know how it really is and have risen to the top only through their hardwork and intelligence.
You know nothing about CEOs are appointed, do you?

No

That explains why conservatives have always been on the wrong side of history.

>going to college increase your IQ
Too far, lad.

What about cold war/ww2

I used to be a leftist until literally what you described in your last paragraph happened to me. /pol/ is still shit though.

it's one way to interpret it
I actually answered you and you didnt reply, it's not that I didn't articulate it enough is that you are too biased to consider the truths in my argument.

your delusion is that you somehow understand the complex reality that surrounds you and that you are fit to change it.
well congrats then, because you will definitely become a billionaire. since you can model the entirty of human society you are therfore more than capable of modelling a subset of that which is the economic system. who needs quantum computers when we got user ideals!

Define left wing
Define right wing
Define liberal
Define conservative

You can't have a conversation unless you define these terms. No one ever seems to. They seem to mean different things to everyone. I'm surprised that scientists aren't more demanding for clarity.

>it's this retarded libertarian argument again
take a macroeconomics class brainlet

That's a lot of retarded assumptions with no evidence republifag

Left wingers often publish garbage like this to try and discourage dissent. It's a common enough tactic.
>You don't agree with me, you must be so dumbie

>there's a correlation between conservatism and wealth

Empirically false.

>Intelligence is too abstract to measure precisely and accurately

Read what general intelligence is, and how much of a powerful predictor is.

The rest of your post is just /pol/ drivel I won't bother with.

a paper written as the result of the recent financial crisis
tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/08913810902934109
Economists not only failed to anticipate the financial crisis; they may have contributed to it—with risk and derivatives models that, through spurious precision and untested theoretical assumptions, encouraged policy makers and market participants to see more stability and risk sharing than was actually present. Moreover, once the crisis occurred, it was met with incomprehension by most economists because of models that, on the one hand, downplay the possibility that economic actors may exhibit highly interactive behavior; and, on the other, assume that any homogeneity will involve economic actors sharing the economist’s own putatively correct model of the economy, so that error can stem only from an exogenous shock. The financial crisis presents both an ethical and an intellectual challenge to economics, and an opportunity to reform its study by grounding it more solidly in reality.

and the current economic models we have are the result of countless people, most smarter than you, working on them for decades.

realize your incompetence ant

Liberal is not synonymous with democrat. We've been through this already.

>libertarians are more intelligent
Lmao
Citation needed

All I'm saying is that being educated is correlated with higher IQ. I notice that I unfortunately used the term 'higher education' while what I meant was 'better education'.

Isn't IQ already solidified by the age of 10, 11? Maybe education might be a factor when comparing Americans to sub-Saharan Africans but I have a hard time believing that the difference in education levels between someone from the city and someone from the countryside in the US is that significant.

>It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.

>oh btw here's how to build nukes lol

>t. Albert Einstein

I'm in STEM studies, and my English teacher is turbocucked. She actually said the state she comes from belongs to the Natives and that "white people" (said with a turbo shill intonation) slaughtered them because land and culture appropriation.

I reiterate: college (in general) is left cuck indoctrination camp.

>Isn't IQ already solidified by the age of 10, 11?

No, IQ doesn't solidify until the brain has reached maturity in terms of cortex growth and pruning neurons.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2892678/

nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/the-teen-brain-6-things-to-know/index.shtml

npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=141164708

bridges2understanding.com/maturation-of-the-prefrontal-cortex/

bbc.com/news/magazine-24173194

google.com/amp/s/www.newscientist.com/article/dn20803-brains-synaptic-pruning-continues-into-your-20s/amp/

And numerous articles agree it's around the mid twenties which is exactly college education age.

So yes there indeed can be significant differences even at such a level.

>>Right-wingers tend to be less intelligent than left-wingers
>>Conservatism is more common in people with lower IQ
So?
Isn't it obvious that people with lower IQ are getting paid less and therefore care more about their personal economics?
And that middle class people with a higher IQ who don't constantly have to ration their income are more for state sponsored charity?

I really don't understand the point you are trying to make here.
Do you think it it is wrong for a political party to give a significant amount of the population what they want?
The only other option is that you hate democracy a system where the dumbest people have the most power?

aren't blacks tested to have an IQ 15 points lower than whites?
aren't blacks more likely to vote democrat?

>physics AND astronomy
>astronomy is mostly women
really not surprised there

>aren't blacks tested to have an IQ 15 points lower than whites?
>aren't blacks more likely to vote democrat?
Facts are racist dude.

Why aren't you Libertarian master-race yet, Veeky Forums?

Individuals in higher IQ brackets are more likely to be Libertarian/

>Mensans tend to be a refreshingly and disproportionately independent, free-thinking, (lower-case) libertarian-leaning bunch. This group is intended as a relatively nonpartisan forum for the intelligent, reasoned discussion of liberty-related issues, and how to pursue an environment of philosophically honest and consistent, practical limited government (or better!), individual liberty and personal responsibility.

us.mensa.org/connect/sigs/sig-crossreference/?xref=POLITICS

>The Triple Nine Society, which only allows members who have an IQ higher than 99.9% of the general public, released results of a survey answered by their members. The results? Ultra free market libertarian. They were against Government healthcare or business interference in the same way they were against drug war, gun control, and the War in Iraq. They advocated legalizing gay marriage, ALL drugs, an opt-out for Social Security, and to make Affirmative Action illegal. Although still the minority, a much larger than the general public support limiting the Federal Reserve or abolishing it. They also supported using the death penalty more often.

sodahead.com/united-states/libertarian-atheists-have-highest-iq/question-2841491/?link=ibaf&q=&esrc=s

>content offline
>page currently unavailable
what did he mean by this?

Not one of these sources mention IQ. Of course the brain only reaches full maturation in your mid 20s but that doesn't mean you get progressively better at noticing patterns and thinking logically as you get older. I don't have a source right now (will look for it later) but I'm fairly positive that your IQ is not only established at a young age but it also remain constant throughout your entire life.

>Why aren't you Libertarian master-race yet, Veeky Forums?

I have actual education in economics

>Individuals in higher IQ brackets are more likely to be Libertarian

[citation needed]

>high IQ societies

I have never heard of a successful person within these. They are pretty much clubs for autistic people that want to pretend they are relevant.

Trump

Not that guy, but "right wingers" voted Trump because they wanted the government to stop interfering with their lives (e.g. mandatory healthcare, quotas for dumping immigrants in their hometowns, affirmative action & other forms of diversity quotas), not because they want to be told what to do by Trump

Stop being retarded.

This thread doesn't belong here

>Not one of these sources mention IQ.
>Being this retarded

The prefrontal cortex (management of executive action) and neuron pruning (management of neurological wiring) are intrinsically tied to IQ. This why IQ test for children and adults are weighted differently. One demographic has yet to finish their pruning while the other has. This is also why people with autism have been found to have less efficient neuron pruning.

>but that doesn't mean you get progressively better at noticing patterns and thinking logically as you get older.

Except it does, progressive maturity of the prefrontal cortex allows greater patience and control when performing long term actions and analyzing events. This allows you to notice patterns in more complex/ larger systems which takes longer periods of time to research.

Hell even past mid twenties studies have found that brain is still able to enact rewiring to allow increase cognitive growth.

sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/05/170524140721.htm

Sorry I ignored your pseudophilosophical bullshit. I went with the response that was actually coherent. But since I guess you're going to press this stupidity: you don't have to fully understand a system to change it or control parts of it.

>People express different opinions
>THEY'RE TRYING TO BRAINWASH ME!

wow, you sure showed him

He was a kike. What do you expect?

Socialism is the quintessential intellectual ideology. A bunch of pretentious cunts who think the common people can't manage their own lives and need bureaucrats (themselves when the Party takes power) to make the decisions for them and "plan" the economy. The world has a bunch of problems but that's clearly because the people in control aren't enlightened unselfish intellectuals like themselves.

>scientist are liberal as fuck because they want free gibs for bullshit research

wow shocking

>Rep

Just here to point out how all pro-right posts in this thread are different ways to say as "It's a conspiracy!".

There are retards on both sides. There are also brilliant people on both sides.

I'm purely comparing the relative dem percent across scientists. You can't compare to non-scientists without controlling the comparison first.

Fuck off cuck

Yes

Right-wing is a disdain for state control and authority (more individual freedom), whereas left is for state control and authority (less individual freedom).

If they don't even understand political philosophy, then the study is incorrect before it even starts.

>they won't let me troll so clearly they're brainwashed