Hey Veeky Forums newfag here. Just got out of a relationship, so now i have some extra time on my hands...

Hey Veeky Forums newfag here. Just got out of a relationship, so now i have some extra time on my hands. Any recommendations? I picked up Crime and Punishment to read for the second time around, but I'm always open to suggestions

Take the redpill by reading Schopenhauer's 'On Women'. I have since disavowed women and lead a much better life

But then how am I supposed to fullfill my sexual desires without being a faggot?

I think the best way is to still have a gf, but to never forget that women are basically dogs that just look like humans. This realization also helps in relationships.

Stop reading Dostoyevski, he's shit. Start with the greeks.

Overcome your sexual desires.

Can someone explain this pic to me
srs

What's your native language?

>Women are basically dogs

Schop would kick the shit out of you for saying this

Can you be a little more specific? What do you want, what do you like?

>wageslaves
If you can't even understand such a simple image I would recommend you to start with very simple books such as the little prince, don't be put off because its considered a child book, it's a great book even for grown ups.

>One dog is hanging out, undomesticated
>another dog is domesticated
>Domesticated dog espouses the advantages of domestication
Did I miss something, dick?

>implying that faggot plebdog is somehow superior to BASED GOLDEN RETRIEVER
i mean let's be honest here, he's talking shit on a dog literally bred to retrieve.

read some oblomov too. russians are ultimate comfy. I hope you turn out okay and the relationship stuff isn't too harsh for you. you'll be okay. if you can find the malmstad translation of petersburg, that'll be quite fun too. good luck, my fellow Veeky Forumsizen. don't let these plebs get you down with their
>muh greeks
>muh spooks
>muh schopenhauer

The golden retriever represents the NEET, he spends his time just sitting around, enjoying the sun and the grass all day and pissing on stuff.
The black dog represents the wageslave, he insults and makes fun of the golden retriever for just enjoying his time.
He tells the golden retriever that he's not as good as he is because he isn't catching sticks all day (a metaphor for wageslaving) like he does. He justifies being a tool all day long for becoming a milk bone (wage), and that one day he will have enough milk bones to have a throne of milk bones (materialistism).

It makes fun of wageslaves and their meaningless lives and shitty attitude meanwhile NEETs just enjoy their time and piss on things.

Why the fuck did I just explain an image to someone

Read some short stories dear god.

Seems like this board only jerks off massive "epic" novels like Ulysses, Karamazov, etc.

I'd recommend:
>Short stories of Hemingway
Especially the Killers, Snows of Kilimonjaro, and Short Life of Francis Macomber.
>Short stories of Salinger
Some of them are strange because of his buddhism later in life, but most are fucking great.
>Short stories of Alice Munro
Child's Play was one of my favorites. Nobel prize winning writer.
>Gogol short stories
Fun and spooby stuff.

+ that way you won't feel discouraged over going over a massive text slowly. These are easily digestible.

Was that so really so hard, friend?
>As a responsible adult, I find it fascinating that NEET lifestyle is somehow endorsed as positive.
>Currently living on my own savings, based on previous work

I bought Oblomow as a christmas gift for my mother, since the character reminded me of myself from the description
Is it any good? I thought about reading it myself after being done with Camus

NEET lifestyle is the dream my man, of course sometimes you're forced to wageslave but being smug about is kind of pathetic because everybody that works chases retirement

yeah, it's good, some parts are a bit dry and boring, but it's good in other parts. I remember getting tired of it, but I have been trying to convince myself to read it again. All I remember is some chick really fucking everything up, and that the oblomov concentrated texts were comfy as fuck.

I'm certainly not being smug about it, but I think it is an interesting shift in understanding about the nature of fulfillment.
Also, if _everyone_ were to NEET, the system would crash utterly.
Subsistence farming was the thing for hundreds of thousands, but it didn't build much of lasting value.
I am not endorsing mindless materialism in the least, but I do prefer my queen size bed with temperpedic foam to an an army cot.

>he didn't fake an illness to get a false certificate from a psychologist to get 3k Euros every month in your "disability" check
I'm "officially" schizophrenic. I make more than most people I know and haven't worked since like 6 years.

How do you fake that?

>false certificate from a psychologist to get 3k Euros
Europeans, everyone

>based parasite
>and you wonder why your continent is a joke

Might be a bit different for Americans, but I've read that it's about the same.
>read up on a mental illness that gives a lot of welfare
>practice faking it, watch youtube videos, don't overdo it.
>arrange some check up hours with a psychologist
>don't sleep for 24 hours every time you go to them, don't shower either.
>tell them that you feel depressed, fatigued and the signs of "your" mental illness.
>say that you already tried some medication (google anti depressant medication etc)
>they will most likely prescribe you another anti depressent
>be very thankful and say that you hope they help
>come back the next time, say that you took the medication but it did not help
>she will most likely prescribe you another thing, but after the second or third time she will just write you off as schizophrenic or other shit.
>apply for welfare
This happens in the US as well

>This happens in the US as well
Yes, and we have names for (((((((those people)))))) and no one ever aspires to be one.

Why care what others say? Just say that you're a blogger or have an online store when someone asks where you get your money from.

>Lying to others
>Having no aspirations of being self-made
Okay, man. Do you.

What do I care if I'm self made or not? I make 3k a month without paying tax, that's like earning 70k pre tax a year. I have tried the wageslave life for years and it's pathetic. I make more than the average and I do whatever the fuck I want, I even traveled around Europe a year ago.

A job isn't something to improve on, I would rather read, work out, watch anime and play vidya and still have time left.

>relationship
GET THE FUCK OFF OF MY BOARD AND NEVER FUCKIGN COME BACK

>earning
>Idontthinkthatwordmeanswhatyouthinkitmeans.jpg

English. But I know a bit of German to be able to read.

Well, I guess I earned myself a good life. I live in the countryside in a big house that I bought for like 25k from my disability check, I have 3 dogs and a garden that I tend. I wake up when I want, go to sleep when I want and work on my house and garden when I'm bored of imageboards, anime or vidya.

But I guess chasing the city life is more exciting.

dude

kids?

Figuring out what I want is still a process in itself. Although if I had to choose, I'd say getting into some more foreign reads would probably work well for me. I had a great experience with Crime and Punishment, so that's why I figured I'd get the gears going again by giving it another read.

One day maybe, I'm 27 and just enjoying life right now.

Thanks for the suggestions and support, friend! I appreciate it!

That's cool, do what works for you.

I'm not the faking-a-disease kind of guy, but if I were were rich my life wouldn't be much different from yours.

You're a sort of modern day Siddartha.

>I were were rich my life wouldn't be much different from yours.
I would disagree with that.
You would probably be getting laid, partying, wearing fancy clothes, and doing more than shitposting, watching animu, and doing household chores.
>Probably

I appreciate the suggestions. Usually I prefer longer texts over shorter ones, but a change of pace couldn't hurt.

Trust me, I wouldn't. I'd replace the animu with kinos, though, and maybe add some chess or learn a language.

Godspeed, user.