When did you realize you were too dumb for Math and you should study Engineering instead?

When did you realize you were too dumb for Math and you should study Engineering instead?

Me, when I tried to read Apostol and even the first few pages fucked me in the ass.

don't give up,man
try easy one before going to Apostal.
It's worked for me.

Lol

When did you realise that maths won't get you a job so you had to do engineering instead?

>he rates math
lmaoing at your life

In senior year, but now I'm too close to finish to give up

in two weeks time probably

>maths won't get you a job
nice meme, brainletneer

I'm a engineer student and I read Apostol, Courant, Spivak & baby Rudin.

Disgrace of STEM. Shame on You. You dishonor the profession.

Still better than Biology "Calculus for Life Science" though.

kys einstein

good one

>read Apostol, Courant, Spivak & baby Rudin.
>read
>shuffled through
>if that

but that's literally you realizing that there is no money in mathematics so you get nothing out of it except for some short lived satisfaction
kys, poorfag

>there is no money in mathematics
>make six figures 4 years after school
>literally every former classmate is well employed
keep sperging, autismo

>making six figures
that's why you spend countless hours on anime boards? hahahaha, like i said, kys, neet loser

>countless hours
>neet loser
sweet projections there, brainlettino

Six figures like 300 000$?

yes, per month

>projections
well i am a junior in college and you are supposedly "a highly paid professional" and you are still posting on an anime board, lmao.
if you were making good money and had a life, you wouldn't be hunting for brainlets on Veeky Forums to convince anonymous people that you are worth something, retard.

>you wouldn't be hunting for brainlets on Veeky Forums to convince
but im not. i just saw an embryo with no idea of job market prospects for math grads spouting out something retarded and corrected it. but keep sperging, its very entertaining.

>Veeky Forums sperging is very entertaining for him
that's some top quality entertainment right there!
lmao you reveal more and more about your exciting life of a highly paid mathematician hahahahahaha.

>keeps being assmad for no good reason at all
did you fail that freshman calc? were you molested by your math teacher? uncanny amounts of butt pain, laddo.

You should do engineering if you have talent and aptitude for it. Most math people I know couldn't even solve the simplest of real engineering problems.

>start off in math
>see job prospects in my third year and compare them to other majors
>fuck it
>use the math credits to transfer into engineering with half the course load done
>get BSME with minor in math

I actually got a 4.0 in my pure math level but slipped pretty hard whenever I went into engineering because engineering programs require more than just you knowing your shit. It's largely about knowing, for sure, but a bigger component is in doing, while it has smaller components in other practical elements like communication and physical experimenting with technical documentation.

Of course, it might just be that Georgia Tech's math program isn't as rigorous as its engineering program. It's got a top engineering undergrad program, but its other programs (except materials science, business, and CS) are pretty shit by comparison. That's not to say that they're bad, just that the math program did NOT prepare me for their engineering program.

I do still do a lot of math in my spare time, though, and I've been able to apply a lot of it to my engineering practice. That's what's really beautiful about it.

>applied math
>beautiful
Kill yourself.

Apostol is a notch above your standard Stewart-tier calculus book. The first time I tried reading it I felt the same as you. Then I worked through a logic and proofs book, after which I actually enjoy reading books like Apostol because I'm able to follow the reasoning of the author a lot better.

Funny all these faggots who clearly lacked the intellect to pursue research in maths and were told that there are no jobs, hehe. Brainlet filter. Of course there are, goys, but you've got to be decent and you failed at this point. It's just that calling someone a brainlet isn't politically correct, so us, jews, like to pretend that "we're full" instead.

>t. freshman

>t. state school engineer

>see job prospects in my third year
I don't get it - unless you're a brainlet and have 0 internships it's actually pretty hard to not find a job.

also depends on where you are lookin desu, my city had no openings for entry level EE so I just looked around country and easily found jobs.

ITT and Veeky Forums in general is full of anonymous retards calling each other brainlets.
>brainlet
>brainlet
>but you are a brainlet
>brainlets
>brainlets
every fucking thread is like that
is that the most important word you need to learn here and after that use in every post?

>this brainlet meltdown
Pro-tip: stop being a brainlet.

t. brainlet

Sometimes you just gotta remind someone they are a brainlet

brainlets