Hot dogs are cheap, so whats the deal? People hate them but would rather eat fuckig raymen noodles?

Hot dogs are cheap, so whats the deal? People hate them but would rather eat fuckig raymen noodles?

Everyday I cook two of these sausages in the microwave and enjoy with a bit of cheese and mustard

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/b6F0d8ZS52A
articles.latimes.com/1994-06-03/news/mn-29_1_hot-dog-intake
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nitrates are bad or something

Hot dogs are made from putting together cow assholes, chicken dicks and other animal scraps. They mix it all with this "hot dog powder" and that's how you end up with sausages.
It's one of the worst food you can eat, ramen (being garbage) are a much healthier option

but aren't those wieners?
aren't hot dogs wieners with bread?

what do you like on your hotdogs, Veeky Forums? I enjoy the simple onion + ketchup.

Mustard, onion, pickle

>not eating nose to tail like a michelin starred chef

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with organ meats, and by extension cow assholes, pork rectums, turkey ears, and chicken dicks/beaks. Trimmings aren't profitable on the market because you can't cook with them, so producers grind them up into (delicious) hotdogs.

Hot dogs aren't THAT cheap, and ultimately aren't very filling - plus they expire.

$2.30 will get you a package of 12 ramen packs, or like... 12 hot dogs. But a single hot dog isn't enough to count as a meal. There's toppings and buns and generally more involved.

Ramen is simply an easier way to not go hungry.

I know this from my old days as a poorfag.

Getting hot dogs that are all meat, no nitrite aren't worth the money. But I agree it's stupid to cut them out entirely if you're going to eat ramen every week.

You have to get the all beef brands though like Vienna. Make sure you boil them in water too and youre good to go.

Hot dogs fucking suck, even with all the meme toppings. Also they're not filling at all for some reason, and eating more just makes you feel like shit.

Then you my friend will love the second half of this cooking video, it has hotdogs. And subs.
youtu.be/b6F0d8ZS52A

>Not boiling up some hotdogs and ramen in the same pot

Why the fuck would anyone choose to eat a hot dog over a real sausage? Cheap sausages are the same price point and, though not exactly good quality, are still better than fucking hot dogs.

i got like 7 packs sitting in my freezer. they suck ass. especially if u buy cheap ass buns with them. have to eat 4-5 just get full

articles.latimes.com/1994-06-03/news/mn-29_1_hot-dog-intake

>Children who eat more than 12 hot dogs per month have nine times the normal risk of developing childhood leukemia

Just had one of these for dinner, a Nathan's out of the freezer. Some grated cheese and brown mustard and it's a meal. Take the stainless opinel in hand and wipe down after. Too delicious.

Breakfast/lunch was beef stew leftovers. Stew meat, cayenne, paprika, onion, and sweet kernel corn. Lime juice garnish. ~$5 fed me for two days. It doesn't cost much to eat well. Dunno why people waste money on package ramen, which is all sodium and useless carbs anyway.

Protein + Fat >> Carbs
Get off this board amerifatso

hot dogs are not sausages you fucking philistine

what counts as a real sausage to you? i can tell you i am in germany, and the cheapest sausage here is basically just a fat hotdog when it comes to taste, texture, etc.

>about 600 participants in all three research experiments combined

>Other researchers scoffed at the findings as an example of the "carcinogen of the week" syndrome. "The problem is that there are an enormous number of variables in a study like this," said nutrition expert Michael Pariza of the University of Wisconsin. "You don't know whether they were undernourished, for example, or if they had adequate exercise. . . . It would be extremely premature to draw any conclusion from this type of study."

Other researchers also attacked the studies because they were published in a journal that is not peer-reviewed, meaning that experts did not have a chance to critique the results before they appeared in print.

It's like you don't read your own stupid shit. I hate non-academic proletarians who try to comprehend what they haven't had the education for.

On topic, hotdogs suck balls

Chickens don't have dicks.

Checkmate athiests.

I like hot dogs so long as they're not those fuckhorribly disgusting beef ones Americans, kikes and muzzies eat. Those things should be banned.

Pork >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mixed meat (pork/chicken/turkey) >>>>>>>>> chicken > turkey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> rabid raccon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> beef

>nitrates/nitrites are the devil and bad for you!
So is smoked food of any kind. The key is: don't overdo it. Hot dogs and other cured meats shouldn't be a notably common part of your diet. They're a sometimes food.

Hot dogs are great but make sure they're the all beef kind

No offense to all you turks but pork hot dogs are fucking disgusting

Pork > pork and veal mix > etc.

No.

All sausages have nitrates. It's how they keep for so long. You get it either through the smoking process or through the aging process. If there's no nitrates then that means it's not really a sausage and will go bad on you really fast.

>All sausages have nitrates
lolno
All /cured/ sausages have them. Fresh ones, like Lincolnshire sausage, Thuringian sausage and the various styles of Italian sausages do not. And smoking doesn't add nitrates. Nitrates are added to make smoking safer since nitrates cure the sausage, making them less likely to spoil during the smoking process. Dried sausages don't necessarily have nitrates, either. The majority (all?) of Italian dried sausages IE salami lack nitrates completely. Just pork and salt, kinda like when making parma dry ham.

I don't mind them but I only like them cooked in the oven or on a grill.

>majority (all?) of Italian dried sausages IE salami lack nitrate

Yes, and that's why the latin root for botulism is "sausage." Seriously, you're playing russian roulette if you don't use nitrates when curing sausages. But you are correct fresh sausages don't need nitrates.