Physiologically speaking, can a creature this size possibly exist...

Physiologically speaking, can a creature this size possibly exist? Ignoring obviously impossible things like eating radiation or plasma breath.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rbevjxUUoQw
angelfire.com/ego/g_saga/kaijubiologyarticle.html
youtube.com/watch?v=brdmnUBAS00
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Did dinosaurs exist?

Dinosaurs weren't 100+ meters tall and bipedal.

Plenty of them were bipedal you pleb

Aquatic creatures might hypothetically reach that size, blue whales are 30 meters long so 3-4x as much is not unthinkable.

Not likely for terrestrial organisms. Creatures of that size require enormous amounts of energy. It would also take many years before they were big enough to have offspring of their own. If the creature of that size is a mammal it would have to eat an insane amount of meat every day, which would be hard to find - not difficult to spot by other animals. The cons far outweigh the pros.

retarded much?

You were saying? Are you an absolute moron, how do you not know this?

This has to be bait. You cant be the stupid.. right?

No, there's not enough food for it to eat and the strength of it's bones/muscles would be insane. Think about how strong the materials are that keep up the buildings around godzilla, and then think about how many cows it would take to equal the amount of meat on the bones of godzilla. Not only would it be hard to keep anything that size up without immediately crushing itself under it's own weight but you have a fuckton of added weight because of the meat and all the other shit going on.

>there's not enough food for it to eat
>If the creature of that size is a mammal it would have to eat an insane amount of meat every day
Obviously if we're positing 100+ meter big animals there will be also a lot of 50 meter animals and 20 meter animals and 8 meter animals, which it can eat. Alternatively it could live on solar energy, oil or nuclear power.

>100+ meters tall AND bipedal

im sorry, are you saying that 100+ meter dinosaurs are actually plants/ eat the million year old remnants of their brothers/ perform nuclear fusion?

What the government doesn't want you to know is that they deployed Godzilla to wipe out Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Nice try CIA trolls ITT. I'm on to you.

For that size I would imagine structural integrity being a problem with regards to gravity.

There is no material strong enough to support that kind of weight. The largest dinosaurs are the maximum possible size for a land animal.

Dinosaurs existed at a time when atmospheric oxygen was at a much higher level than today. Sauropods had a huge, relatively thin neck and tail, which helped with dissipate heat. Due to the square cubed law, any creature that tall and of those proportions would have a massive volume and would not be able to dissipate heat very efficiently. Argentinosaurus only walked at 5 mph, so creatures this big would not be agile or quick if they existed.

Your answer is no, because evolution would not have allowed for it.

Not in earth gravity assuming an organism based on existing biology. It would collapse under its own weight. But physically its possible, given the right materials.

No it's body would be crushed by its own weight

IT'S NOT FAIR

>I know what is obviously impossible
No, you do not.

If an animal could evolve to build its bones out of self-assembled carbon nanotubes, an energy transport structure that makes use of fusion energy directly and a digestive system that extracts the fuel for that from seawater, sure why not.

actually there is some living things that are way bigger than this
biggest organisme on earth is a fungus and is more than 1km square big
but obviulsy it's stay near the floor

On a planet with lower gravity.

what about symbiosis with photosynthetic algea or something.

Yea. I mean hypothetically, it could be possible.

If that's true then how can mountains higher than 100m exist? Checkmate.

>Godzilla
Fuck yeah!. Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=rbevjxUUoQw

yes but we would need a bigger atmosphere and lower gravity

Please tell me, what sort of organism could possibly live by consuming radiation? Also do you know of any animals that can breathe blue fire?

>what sort of organism could possibly live by consuming radiation
Plants and some algae.

Fungi

A creature of that size could maybe exist on a planet with less gravity

angelfire.com/ego/g_saga/kaijubiologyarticle.html

So you started an argument because you ignored the very premise of the question then? And used prerogative personal language and yet pretending to maintain rational coherent discussion?

gamera is cooler anyways

No. It's too big to be made out of flesh and bone. Reference the square-cube law. Godzilla is completely unfeasible.

The original godzilla was only 50 m tall and that may be possible if he were an aquatic life form.

lmao he looks like a penis

fpbp

yes, archaeolgically, biblically and estoerically you will find giants. increase the oxygen you have 500 ft giants

This thread is full of retarded speculation
I am a Paleontological Biologist so I have spent half my life examining dinosaur corpses to see how they were able to live. It is entirely possible that Godzilla could exist if he used the same Biological adaption methods favoruted by large dinosaurs like Brachiosaurus (pic related)

>Bones
Large dinosaurs had bones that were 99% micromarrow. Micromarrow is very spongy and pliable. It could take a huge weight on top of it without collapsing. This is also how dino bones can be buried without being crushed by all the limestone

>Organes
Large dinosaurs had very small organes. A Diplodocus for example had a stomach no bigger than a waste paper bin. This meant they didn't need many calories relative to their size (most dinosaurs ate 3000 calories per day). They also had tiny herts which could pump much faster.

>Noses
Dinosaurs did not have noses or ears. This meant that they had less holes and a smoother surface which meant the air pressure rolled over them and didn't hurt their brains. If Godzilla had no nose or ears he could live

>Language
Dinosaurs communicated through the earths upper atmosphere. This is something Godzilla would have to do.

OP, it is possible.

>Dinosaurs communicated through the earths upper atmosphere.

The post you replied to now was some other user.

lmao

>100m tall
Probably only possible in ocean creatures

>Paleontological Biologist
Got me early my man

Mountains are trees not animals retard

Why is Godzilla so much bigger than the monsters that were the same size as him in the movie?

Is it a bad idea to pursue Paleontology as a career nowadays?

Godzilla was 400feet tall. that's a whole order of magnitude taller than the biggest bipedal dinosaurs.

Paleontology is possible if you get good grades, get into a good doctoral programme and make connections and collaboration around the world.

If you don't get into a good doctoral programme, your PI is a nobody, and don't make international connections to good research groups, then its extremely tough to pursue a career in paleontology.

Revision of size.

>Physiologically speaking, can a creature this size possibly exist?

No. There is no megafauna to support the amount of oxygen the creature would require to breathe in every time. Aside from that it is too large to be bipedal, the gravity would destroy its bones. Maybe if it were on four legs it could not collapse.

>Alternatively it could live on solar energy, oil or nuclear power.
wot

I mean it's something I've always wanted to do since I was a kid but now I care more about financial stability more than anything.

If you want financial stability, then work in university / research isn't for you. You won't be doing research for 50% of the time, you're going to spend it on writing grant applications and wishing for the lottery jackpot.

So I guess criminal justice is a more secure career path then eh?

Sounds like bullshit. We build fucking skyscrapers like it's nothing.
Just make it super strong. Big muscles, big strong bones. Lots of milk.

I'm sad that someone out there actually thinks that, or at least I would be if it wasn't so funny.

What's the problem? It doesn't have to be human bones. Something organic can perfectly be strong as steel.

Is this you?

youtube.com/watch?v=brdmnUBAS00

>Lots of milk.
>dinosaur milk
Lrn2mammal fgt pls