Do you pay attention to people who use the phrase "white bro"?

Do you pay attention to people who use the phrase "white bro"?

I just had someone criticise my debut memoir for being "bored white bro autobiography". Should I feel as insulted as I do? This doesn't feel nice at all. I have already written several lengthy passages within the memoir itself about the various way I imagine different people are likely to perceive my work and its author and some form of criticisms it is likely to receive.

Am I just being sensitive right now? I can't decide.

>debut memoir
Stopped reading right there.
Nice bate, though. 5.75/10

This isn't your safe space, fuckboi. Women and people of color are taking back literature and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

God, the narcissism of white make stormtards is simply astounding. Just shut the fuck up. Your life has been easy as fuck, no one cares what you have to say. You have so much privilege and still thing your writing matters. Disgusting.

Huh? What do you mean?

>I just had someone criticise my debut memoir for being "bored white bro autobiography"
Just like blacks and latinos write generic shit so white women can cry over their white guilt, white guys write generic pseud shit so other guys can jack off over how deep they are for reaching Siddhartha-tier insights about the world.

Git gud at writing, fag.

>Waityouareserious.jpg
Are you honestly telling that your "debut" work is a memoir about your generic, uninteresting life?
And that you are surprised/shocked that your obviously white, generic experience was called out as such?
If so, than I congratulate on your naiveté that either an interest, or especially a market would exist for such a self-indulgent and uninspired work.
>Writing memoirs before you've done shit with your life

Are you the same guy who wrote almost the exact same thing but from /pol/'s point of view in that other thread about "cleaning up /lit"?

OP here. I should add that this person has not read any of my writing, nor do they know me on anything like an intimate level. I simply decided to widen my perspective and attend a writing group at the local college (I'm not a student) and after explaining my literary work at great length I received this reply from one of the strangers there and others either agreed with her or seemed to have grown long disinterested in what I had to say. It was a dreadful experience in whole and in part. It's one of the reasons I no longer submit my work to university presses.

Wow how unfair.

Get over it.

Well OP, people will say "white" in a perjorative sense, but I'm sure it's some bummed people that think other cultures are "poor in money, but rich in heritage."

Why are you being so hostile to OP?

>Women and people of color are taking back literature
>taking back
????

It was initially going to be a debut six-part memoir but I've decided to merge all six parts into one document and first try uploading it to Wikipedia as a single page and then ending my life as part of my promotional efforts. And as for doing s**t with my life, the very definition of "doing" and indeed "s**t" in this context is entirely subjective and any conviction that an objective standard exists for either of those terms is due to social pressures, such pressures existing largely due to efforts made by marketeers and advertising agencies. As I have stated before, I have experienced more emotional intensity pouring a glass or orange juice than most people have travelling the entire world. My ability to articulate the profound experiences which I am subject to on a nearly-daily basis allows me to write at great length in ways that are entertaining, interesting, thrilling and relatable.

It's just banter

post some here OP

. OP
>He talks like a fag, and his shit's all retarded.

it might be political reasons
are they leftist and you're rightist or something like that?
at least in my university these two groups really hated each other

>I have experienced more emotional intensity pouring a glass or orange juice than most people have travelling the entire world. My ability to articulate the profound experiences which I am subject to on a nearly-daily basis allows me to write at great length in ways that are entertaining, interesting, thrilling and relatable.

I knew this was a bait thread.

bump

Haha

Goddamn I enjoyed this post. Would definitely take a look at your published work, white bro.

This is hilarious as bait but too obviously fake. 5/10

You need to read this guy's posts as fiction, not attempted b8. They're actually highly entertaining.

(I'm assuming this is the guy who has posted similar stuff before)

Just call them racist, ignore them and move on. Not sure why that's so hard.

Oh shit memoir-user is back

autism

I farded then pooped

>bored white bro autobiography

It's not so much a critique of your writing as it is a critique of the white-academic-writing-about-his-institution-to-institution life banality that is supersaturating the modern literary world.

You have to remember that Toole satirized the bored, entitled intellectual wannabe writer back in the 80's. That's thirty years ago. You're a walking cliché at this point.

We get it, you want to be an acclaimed author. You and about 20 million other white suburbanites. You have to have to bring something new and different; you have to have something worth saying, first.

>Toole
>80's

Stopped reading there.

>Toole
>80's

Oh i love you :)
Hope you're doing well

What's the name of that haircut and how do I get it

Give us excerpts memoir-user, I've been waiting patiently for months.

>not knowing it was published posthumously in 1980

[x]talking like fags
[x]shits all retarded

>Toole satirized the bored, entitled intellectual wannabe writer back in the 80's
>Not knowing that the book was based and written in the early 60s
how could Toole manage to satirize writers two decades into the future? he must be even better than i thought...

The verb is satirized. Toole didn't do it in the 60's.

what the fuck are you talking about? he died in 69 and wrote the book in 63

ho hum