What would be her real-world literary favorites, Veeky Forums?

What would be her real-world literary favorites, Veeky Forums?

harry potter

I'm being serious. In the book, she read almost exclusively magic-related books that don't actually exist, so I'm curious as to what her real bookshelf would look like.

Her actress has the taste of a tween fangirl so that's no help.

Well she's a girl so she'd probably have a bunch of Murakami and Vonnegut books she'd never read

two possible paths:
>the patrician path
she'll look forward the hardest books the human mind could conceive, it doesn't matter if she starts with the greeks or with easier books and short stories, she'll have a good sense of empathy and aesthetic, and will enjoy happy moments as they may never come back (memento mori)

>the pleb path
she'll spend her teenage and good part of her post-teenager years reading YA and terrible romances, then she'll start reading self-help as her life is extremely miserable (and she couldn't find a prince) eventually she just stop reading as it was just something she could use to escape her life (and netflix tv series have the same effect now)

Considering most of what she read in the books were old dusty tomes, I would assume it would also be the case in reality? Most of what could be considered YA has been published in the past few decades so "dusty" wouldn't be an accurate description, while much of the Greeks is considered too old to be useful (not that I agree).

I would think she'd read lots of philosophy, natural science, and history books. I can't imagine she'd touch most novels.

Why are we discussing this?

Oh yeh she's cute.

I'm guessing books written about the struggle of African people because as JK Rowling said, Hermoine is BLACK

She probably reads feminist theory like the bitch who played her.

Das Kapital

She's obviously read magical texts then.
Grimoires, clavellas, hermeticist gibberish.

Shes basically a STEM genius who's science is magic.

If you have ever dated a STEM genius girl, you would know that they study for exams to complete them, and refer to academic articles to make a point, but otherwise prefer netflix, whatsapp, and MAYBE some shitty novel about vampires on the beach.

This is not complaining about any one girl, this is every girl I've seen in a medical residency or in a bio phd program.

Most STEM girls I know are harry potter freaks.

I agree, hence vampire novels.

But hermione wouldnt be reading Harry Potter, otherwise Dumbledore could have just destroyed the horcruxes in the first book.

Stem grads in general have terrible taste. I'm friends with engineers with Masters and they solely consume capeshit and star wars

Curious as to why so many girls like the vamp fic. Also why they tend to lean towards fiction moreso than non. Genuinely curious here. Saying this as a male who actually tends to have a pretty balanced reading diet of all things fiction and non-fiction, as well as vampiric nonsense when it comes to writers such as Anne Rice who writes rather well and tackles concepts other than the illustrious male dong. Why are they all obsesses with this subject. If my saying all is offensive then let's say the majority, and I don't think I'd be lying? On the one hand I can certainly see the appeal, on the other, it seems an obsessive sort of fixation. Why.

This one.

Does Aleister Crowley exist in the Harry Potter universe? What do you think the wizard community thinks of him?

Vampires clearly explore themes that women tend to love, like life/death and light/darkness. Vampires also drink blood for staying alive - and women tend to have a fixation for that because of mestruation - and explore the concept of necrophilia

50 shades of grey and the fault in our stars, like all dumb tween whores

>In this year's novel, a powerful magician Perdurabo lured Hermione into his Sicilian Temple
>Will Ron and Harry find her?
>Read it all in Harry Potter and the White Stains

I want Queenie to teach me sex magick

Ergo... Women like... Banging stiffs? 'cause I mean the life/death, light/darkness subject is universally interesting I think. Although I guess I can understand the menstruation = blood fixation.

Stephen King explains this in "On writing" (I think it is, or its in the same collected volume anyway).

Vampires are about sex. But its a very specific kind of sexuality: "I don't want to but I actually I do really want to, oh look, you've made me do what I really wanted to do along". You'll note that vampires are, for all that, surprisingly big on consent, they can't just fly into your bedroom without permission.

As King points out, and he is right, you don't need to do much reading between the lines to see that Mina is "cumming her brains out" (thats a quote) when old Vlad finally starts on her neck. A lot of flushed cheeks and heavy bosoms going on. Mix that in with Victorian repression, the blood thing is fairly obvious I think (virginity, menstruation), etc.

They are bad boys, rebels without a cause yet also usually millionaires, castle owners and of course aristocrats, making their "brides" gangsters molls and princesses at the same time.

Without being too creepy about it, I can see why teenage girls find this kind of thing "interesting", its the middle aged women I worry about.

Greeks and feminist shit

Ego and It's Own.

Agree with this user, and I actually think it is perfectly understandable and even relatable to have that sort of escapist sexual fantasy. Only problem is when people deny that that's what they want, and even get offended at the idea it is fantasy in that way.

These are good answers. Thank you!

She would have read The Iliad and The Odyssey. She wouldn't care much for Plato but would enjoy Aristotle. She would subscribe to The New Yorker, The Economist and would read the non-fic that those magazines recommend (Freakonomics, The Death of Money).

for some reason I feel like her favorite would be Beowulf, the Tolkien translation