Have you ever frequented a restaurant so much that the workers there ask if you want "the usual"?

Have you ever frequented a restaurant so much that the workers there ask if you want "the usual"?

no but i get 10p of a can of every stella at my offy

*hic*

Yes. Damn Koreans.

I go to Greggs once a week and they know me by name now.

>go to chinese place for years
>they know what I want

>where your girlfriend???
>we broke up...
>why you dont get married and have baaabyy???
>.......
>ok you want usual?
>y-yeah

I used to hit up a Cheeseburger In Paradise with my buddy every Saturday evening. Missed very very few Saturdays in about a year and a half. We always had Sailor Jerry and Diet Coke. It got to the point where when just one of us walked in they would make two drinks. We tipped pretty well and they seemed to like us.

The week they closed they gave us pic related for free.

I can't afford to eat out that often. But I do manage a pizzeria and I love having regulars. Being able to greet someone by name and know their order and whatever little extras they like or don't like. Feels good, man. Especially when they just were nice enough for me to remember them even if they only order once every few months. Some people get embarrassed when I remember them but I always just say it's because they're so nice.

>Bob who loves hot peppers
>Lonely Katie who LOVES garlic
>Kathy who is allergic to garlic
>Gina's onion allergy
>Other Bob of the thin supreme
>Jeff of the bacon no sausage supreme
>Old guy who can't walk so I recognize his car and take his order outside; half and half, light cheese, extra sauce, dead wife
>old tranny supreme no peppers
>Steve's thin cheese with red pepper flakes

The city is about 20k people and we're pretty busy, so that added connection really brightens my day and theirs. Lotta lonely people out there. I get holiday gifts just for extending a little courtesy. Food service is soul crushing in many ways.

Kek, same thing happened to me with a thai restaurant.

Yeah I lived by a Waffle House for a few years and they knew my double waffle and black coffee order after awhile

>Old guy who can't walk so I recognize his car and take his order outside; half and half, light cheese, extra sauce, dead wife

I do but as soon as they remembered me I never visit that place ever again until maybe a year later

You put his dead wife on a pizza and then served it to him?

That's fucked up man

It is sad, man. He was extremely rude the first time he came but I took extra pains to accommodate him and now he'll only deal with me and tips me a few bucks each time, which is nice because I don't collect tips unless it's in a situation like that. Not a very nice man, though. One of my younger employees refused to serve him from his car when I was in the back and I had to listen to the old man raise hell. It is against policy but people come before policy.

Same thing happened to me at this dim sum place I frequented. Except she introduced me to her daughter. Most awkward moment of my life since I agreed in advance. The lady looked pretty good for her age but her daughter was hideous. Her face was flat as a pancake with wide as fuck half dollar nostrils. It was awful. I went on 3 dates with this fish-human hybrid until I broke it off and never went back again. Best to keep things private.

I always get the same thing on my lunch hour. As soon as I come in they start my food. I haven't ordered in months.

For me, it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich. I even ask for extra McChicken sauce packets and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige. One time I asked for McChicken sauce packets and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly McDonald's worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!". Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three packets. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local McDonald's restaurant, I go there at least 3 times a week for lunch and a large iced coffee with milk instead of cream, 1-2 times for breakfast on the weekend, and maybe once for dinner when I'm in a rush but want a great meal that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily nutritional needs. I even dip my fries in McChicken sauce, it's delicious! What a great restaurant.

Kekd

I've definitely read this before.

I'm lovin' it

(no period cuz you and i get it, we're hip)

nice italian place near me knows i like their veal angelo. its vodka cream sauce, pasta, and some other small things. its great. the only problem with that place is that their meat isnt really fresh and they cut corners alot. other than that, they have the best red sauce. shame its only a small dive bar in the middle of nowhere.

no wonder he isnt nice, you feed him dead wife

At the Thai/Viet place near my work, they just start my noodles when they see me in the afternoon. I'll try different things if I go in for dinner, but lunch time, I want my gigantic to-go tub of killer noodle soup.

You're one of the good people in food service. Keep up the good work, user. You may be the only one who remembers some of those people when they die.

My local indian place is getting like that. I try new dishes occasionally, but I fucking love their tikka masala so I keep going back to it.
My friend orders the exact same thing every time, though. And since it's just the two of us, they think we're a gay couple, according to my friend.
The owner chats to us while we wait for our food, since we're usually the first in for dinner on the days we hang out, and we go there to put the order in because neither of us likes phones.

The chinese we go to occasionally knows us, but not by name yet. They're concerned that one of our group doesn't hang with us anymore due to his work schedule.
I'm concerned too, desu.

where are you located?

No, never at a restaurant. I cook at home too much for that to ever happen. I frequented a bar in my early twenties that would start pouring my drink as soon as I walked in though. I learned that one of the cute bar backs had a crush on me from one of my friends I used to go there with. Closest experience to that in an actual restaurant is just being recognized by someone on the staff.

Only two places ever knew me by name, the Dunkin Donuts I worked at, and the restaurant my aunt owned at the time. I don't eat out nearly enough for that to happen.
I forgot there was a whole pasta to this. Thanks user.

I only had it at a cafe where I get a cappucino with no sugars...

on my way home from work on Fridays I always go to the same place and get the same thing

the girl that usually works there starts making it as soon as she sees me

>3 dates

jesus you were really trying to be nice. I dont think id go past 1 if she was ugly, I just cant do it. im too shallow.
Oh to make matters worse at that chinese place, I started seeing another girl and took her there. In my experiences, Asian people are terrible at guessing the nationality of other Asians...youd think they wouldnt be. We walk in and the staff instantly starts speaking Chinese to my filipina gf.
>oh I thought you were chinese
she doesnt even remotely look chinese.

tfw you know race mixing is wrong but still cant resist if shes hot.
muh dick

Seems to me the guy didn't want to lose his favorite restaurant so he kept going on more dates. The safe bet would have been to not let yourself be set up. However, imagine winning this gamble and dating a cute girl whose family owns a good dim sum restaurant.

>frequent a place
>the people there recognize me and start making small talk
>have to find a new place

No but only because i dont order the same thing every time i go to the same restaurant like some kind of autist

I go to a Pho place and the guy doesn't ask any questions, just brings out a large number 1. That's about it.

what do you even mean you recognize him in a car?
is it a fast food restaurant? What type of chucke fuck parks in front of a store and expects people to just walk out and take their order?
Nigga can walk to his car, so I don't necessarily buy that he can't walk to a seat/counter

>an autist
you know a lot of people have their regular thing, right? i mean its not like youd go there every day.
holy shit you just gave me something to daydream about. A cute girl whos family runs a dim sum place.
>youll never have a cute chinese girl come over to your house and show you how to make soup dumplings
Liiterally every girl Ive ever been with cant cook for shit. Why

he sounds exactly like this fucking old faggot that used to frequent the shitty Italian place I worked at. He was a germaphobe big time and would only want one specific person come out to give his food. he would at least call in the order though. hated that guy.
another person I hate in all food service jobs is the guy that wants extra shit for free because someone was nice to him ONE time.
We had a "free drink guy", a day manager we had would always give him a free drink for some reason, so one day we got a new manager
>gets charged for a soda because he just helped himself
>gets check, WHY AM I BEING CHARGED FOR A FUCKING DRINK
>woooah wooooah what???
>after a cringy argument, new manager tells him to get the fuck out and never come back or hes calling the cops
I loved that day.
theres also the "i deserve service before you open" guy. One day the morning crew was all late and I was the only one there, I had to go get the door keys from someone that lived nearby to open. All the while some old faggot is sitting in his car since 1045am like he does every other day and expects us to open early and serve him. nope. Even after I had the keys, I took my time driving back and opened at 1115. He threw a temper tantrum and said hed never come back, it was awesome.

They don't know my order because I dont usually get the same but they know my name. It helps I opened their biz checking account. The food is great, it's a mix of Pakistani and Afghan cuisine.

As soon as that happens I find a new place. Human relationshios terrify me.

Thai place by my school has my lunch order down. The people who run it are super nice.

>>Lonely Katie who LOVES garlic
>>Kathy who is allergic to garlic
You're just making this up. But that's okay, it sounds comfy.

you should become a couple
so cute =3

I used to be a regular at a döner shop next to my city's train station. At some point, the ladies working there remembered my order and made really friendly small talk with me. The men didn't seem to recognize me though.
Sounds like you're fun at parties

>went to subway about three times a week for months, always ordering the same thing
>none of the workers ever treated me any differently, never asked my name, never asked me if I wanted the regular
>start going to greggs a few times a week
>same problem as with subway

What's wrong with me? Why do the workers never treat me like a repeat customer?

It's a fucking subway, the workers have no stake in the company and no reason to give a shit

24 he diner basically in my backyard. Everyone knows I want water and two tacos (hard shell like taco bell) they always know to ask if that that's it coz sometimes I shake it up by buying a slice of pie

do you know any of their names?

Yeah Susan, Larry and Richard

How would I know their names? Am I just meant to ask their name? That sounds really weird to me

Honestly, I'm bad at names and I don't want to talk to you unless you bring up something interesting and I'm not tired. Problem is I'm usually tired and people are fucking casuals about their hobbies so even a little bit of interest beyond opening salvos makes them embarrassed. It's a trap I've fallen into many times.

I used to go to this Panda Express that is now closed down, and I'd always order a large container of orange chicken. At first they'd try to explain how it's too much for one person and that the meals were more appropriate, but they eventually stopped and just started serving me with a smile. I got a free drink from them once.

Reverse actually. Worked in a nursing home serving makes able to predict who's who on the ticket. Looking at the obituary also help me strike off certain things from the menu.

Of course sometime it is mixed up with Dietary or plating changes because someone used our cutlery as chamber pots.

I'm the seafood guy at a grocery store and I know all my regulars and I know a handful of their orders.
the problem is I'm real socially awkward so I don't know what to say outside of my Retail Service Worker Speech

go into more detail please, this sounds interesting

Can't you just wrap it before you tap it and not worry about race mixing?
This, how can anyone be allergic to the godsend known as garlic?

This made me feel so comfy inside the people enjoy regulars as much as me. I am a delivery driver for a pizza place. I'll post some of mine.
>old mr. thompkins who gets thin crust light sauce triple pepperoni. I just walk into his house and give him his pizza, since it's hard for him to walk. tips 5 dollars every time no matter what
>cameron in la vista hills. he orders a variety of different pizzas, but always gets 2 two liters of cherry coke. tips well so I always throw in some free breadsticks or wings on most deliveries
>old lady on quillan st. who orders two slices of pepperoni pizza with Diet Coke, no ice. always invites me in and says I remind her of her grandson. Kek. Always asks me to help her with her cable and cell phone problems
>fat dude in trailer park who orders a shit ton of breadsticks with extra garlic butter. always tips with 3 dollars and a hit from his gigantic bong he named "Zelda"
>tim, the manager at baskin robbins who always offers ice cream. This is great in the summer

Ditto. Im interested as well.

>This, how can anyone be allergic to the godsend known as garlic?
That does happen though

Bullshit, life isn't THAT horrible.
[spoiler]So I say when I almost killed a guy because I didn't realize he had a latex allergy and still don't forgive myself.

Wait hold the fuck up, I CLEARLY remember [spoiler]spoilers[/spoiler] working. Did something change or am I getting my boards mixed up again?

Why would spoilers ever work on Veeky Forums? It doesn't have anything to do with stories of any kind.

Newfriend.

Veeky Forums never had working spoilers.

I eat at the taco truck in the nearest town every other day at least, they know my name and order. Lunch is hard when you're a farmer

Bullshit it didn't, but okay. Pardon the off topic posting.

Starbucks calls my name whenever my regular coffee is ready.

There's a sports bar near campus that has good burgers and cheap beer.
I had to stop going there because the lady working the bar remembered what I order.

>workers there ask if you want "the usual"?

as soon as this happens I stop going to the place for a while, it really triggers my autism

fortunately i live downtown in a major city so there are dozens of restaurants of every type around me

i think living in a city has really increased my expectations of anonymity in public

>filipina
>she's hot

I am both sides to this coin. If someone is genuinely nice and understanding I'd go out of my way to service them a little extra. On the other hand if they get chummy enough to always expect it or if they throw a shitfit when they don't get it they can get the fuck out. If I go above and beyond for someone it's a goddamn courtesy, not a standard treatment. If they don't get that they can take their ass elsewhere.

Yeah, where i used to work, i even got free shots because of reasons i dont know, i just asked for it like a joke and they actually served it

A free latte with estra espresso shots and a dash of almond spirits is fucking G O A T, too bad im leaving this shithole of city, this is the only thing i will miss

>walk into Thai a place for the first time
>they ask if I want my usual
>say yes
>they bring me some curry soup stuff
>pretty good
>my doppleganger has good taste

Our Korean guy always gives us potato cakes for free every-time we come in when its like $5 on the menu, but we have been going there for years now I hear thats pretty common with Koreans.

Reminds me of when I was a kid and my parents took me to visit my uncle's family who was hosting a north Korean refuge family.

When we met them they presented us with frozen hashbrowns. Straight from the freezer. My mom made me eat it so I wouldn't appear to be spoiled and ungrateful.

I used to before the owners decided to sell the restaurant and move away. Those quesadillas were the best.

I go to the same diner at least once every week, other times I might stop by for lunch or breakfast depending on how lazy I'm feeling. But I've also been going there since I was a kid, so all of the waitstaff knows me and I know them so its pretty comfy. Here is my power-ranking for the servers:
1. Dana: Knows both my usual order for lunch and dinner, and then what specials I get when they have them, along with my drink. She's like a better mom and we have some good conversations.
2. Lisa: I had a crush on her in my teens since she was only 19 when she started there, but now she's a teacher so she only works in the summer. Not as good as Dana because sometimes she jumps the gun and puts my order in as soon as she sees me seated in her section, which means its normally chicken parm even if I didn't really want it that night.
3. Sheldon-looking-guy: I honestly can't remember his name, but he looks and acts like Sheldon from BBT, but he knows my lunch order and calls Dr. Pepper Mr. Pibb, He's awkward to talk to but he's a nice guy and apparently takes care of his grandmother since his parents moved out of state.
4. Frankie: She gave me a hug once and is thicc in the right places. She remembers that I always get unsweetened iced-tea, but she normally only works breakfast and lunch so I don't see her too often.
The rest are average but nice with the exception of Diane who I will specifically ask not to be seated in her section if possible. She's the stereotypical whacked-out 50-year old diner worker who always gets your order mixed up or disappears for long periods of times.

>Find good restaurant
>Continue to go there and enjoy it without issue for a couple of years.
>Owners sell the place(normally to Turks or Greeks)
>Everything goes down hill and your favorite waitresses all leave.
> Find new good restaurant.
The cycle repeats

Well, ive thought about this quite a bit. I have them on birth control or I pull out, OR I use a condom. I have a major problem, Im aware. Tell non whites to stop lusting after me.
I was kinda waiting on that. Do you fuck nothing but super models? Shes hot, skinny and looks 16 but shes 26. Do you expect me to coldly reject that? Do you coldly reject tham in favor of your super models?

>work summers at a construction office
>the staff is usually different every year but go to DQ a block away once or twice a week
>usually get a $5 lunch with a small Heath blizzard
>one time I'm feeling frisky so I ordered an Oreo or something
>"Don't you usually get a Heath?"
>drive down to the store after work, load up on frozen meals, take them for lunch for the next month or so
Seriously, to anybody in fast food: Don't try to play chummy or regular customer or any bullshit like that. Most of your customers are fat slobs and know they're eating overpriced shit. Don't shove it in their face or they might actually do something about it.

Wait a second...are you saying that if I eat enough Chinese food I'll get set up with a Chinese gf?

2 places.
This was a while ago.
I used to live in San Francisco.
There was a burger place across from the SF Zoo called Carousel, it used to be part of a local chain called Doggie Diner.
Every Thursday night, for 10 years, I took my dinner break there, I was a UPS driver and took my lunch at the end of my shift.
This black guy worked at night, been in prison, his tounge had been cut out for snitching.
As soon as he saw the Pullman Brown truck pull up he started my order.
Onion Rings, Blackberry Milkshake and two Double Old Fashioned hamburgers.
Place is gone now.

Every Friday night I would call a pizza place.
Round Table Pizza, on San Bruno Avenue in the Portola Neighborhood.
As soon as I began to speak the manager would read my normal order and tell me it was in the oven, see you outside.
I always called on my way back to the UPS building, same time every Friday night.
Normal order was 2 extra large, light cheese, double pepperoni, double salami, onions, green onions and extra extra sauce "float it".
I would double park in front and the manager would be waiting with my pies.
I gave him a couple of bills and never asked for my change.

I miss the routine.

The 2 pizzas were dinner, breakfast, dinner and breakfast again, I fasted on Sunday night.

That's one of my dreams when I finally settle into a permanent house. The place I live for the next 20-30-40 years. I want a diner or a greek place or a greasy spoon (not a bar specifically but maybe serves beer) that I can go to. A regular place, one that plays the baseball game on TV behind the counter. 24 hours would be the best. Or open late and early.

I want to have a thing there that I love. one meal. Maybe a dessert too. A gyro. A reuben. Their chicken platter. An egg scramble. Something I genuinely really like. I wanna be able to go in and get it every time and it always tastes the same. Maybe the waitresses start to recognize me. Maybe the owner waves. But somewhere I can go where I have a favorite booth. Or a favorite day because wednesday is dollar pie slices, or thursdays is the BBQ burger special. And I wanna go there for years.

That's what I want.

oh, exact same here. sometimes i wonder if they feel disheartened because i sound like im from a training video, and unable to talk to them as real people rather than customers that exist to me for less than 2 minutes.

I have, but I stop going if they try to become my friend. I appreciate it and all, I suppose. I just feel very awkward sitting there and chatting to owners/waitresses.

Not food service, but i used to work in a place that bought 2nd hand goods ages and ages ago. Had tons of regulars. Most scum.

But will always remember you, crazy 6 foot 2 ex-army bomb squad tranny. I will always remember you.

You and your arms like ocean liner pistons and your bright pink floral dress and your five o' clock shadow.

You and the many bomb dogs who's pictures you kept on your phone. Who are all dead now.

You and your weird but hilarious war stories which I can remember finding genuinely funny but which did occasionally end in an explanation of exactly how many parts your friend got to keep.

You and the many, many expensive electronics and games and *everything* you traded in every week regularly. To the point where it just seemed like you were selling everything you owned. Which i remembered finding odd because i didnt think trannies in their early fifties were usually big fans of all the latest electronics.

You and your reasoning for selling such things. Which you ALWAYS told me. Dresses. You were selling everything to buy dresses. Fuck all this expensive shit, fuck the fact the company i worked for barely gave a third of what you could have gotten on ebay. You were selling it, you wanted dresses today.

And of course, one day you stopped coming in. But I will always remember you crazy Ex-army tranny.

And while we're on the subject, I will also always remember your room mate, who came into our shop to ask about you a few weeks after i'd noticed you didn't seem to be returning.

Your roommate who came home from a couple months abroad to find thousands of pounds worth of electronics and basically every single thing he owned had mysteriously disappeared, his place was now full to the fucking brim with *hundreds* of dresses, and there was a dead tranny hung up in their own room and a very bad smell.

I laughed. Very hard. Felt bad about it, but it still made me laugh with how obvious it had been. Still. Super nice woman. To me anyway.

Have you ever been called racist there?

I visit Rome once a year for a few days and there's a bar where I always have breakfast. If the owner is working I get my panini, sliced wurst cooked on the panini grill, double espresso and bottle of fizzy water without asking.

Are you from Belfast?

Way worse. Liverpool.

Me and my ex used to have ramen every Friday after work and get drunk. I'd get the miso and she'd have the house with no carrots and a sweet tea. There'd always be a table waiting for us at exactly 7pm.

Haven't gone back, or gone out in general since she dumped me.

No, but I used to have a co worker that walked into a bagel place and his order would be done before he got to the front of the line at the till because they started it when he walked in the door

Cleveland area.

While front of the building is glass. He "can" walk but he moves very, very slowly with a cane and it's just so damn sad seeing him struggle just to lift himself out of the car. I've seen him with an aide before; I think he only orders on days he visits his wife's grave. Also, after seeing him struggle the first time, I told him I'd do that for him. He's gotta be at least 90.

People that expect preferential treatment / free shit just because they got it once and are assholes about it kinda ruin my day.

>what do you mean I have to PAY for extra dipping sauces?! That's ridiculous and greedy! I need napkins too; do you charge an arm and a leg for those too?!
>no, ma'am. Napkins are complimentary, of course.
>Not "of course!" You people charge for every little thing!

Nah, man. Katie is very lonely, makes jokes about how she won't be getting a date anytime soon with all the garlic she eats. Usually gets triple pineapple. Always says God Bless You when she leaves. Kathy is one of those women whose daughter looks EXACTLY like them, just smaller. Usually gets all the cheeses we have on her pizza.

Sort of? There's a tiny storefront diner halfway between my old apartment and my old job. Before work and/or after last call, I often stopped in. If one waitress was working, Helen, she'd say "Hey Benny" sit me down somewhere and bring me out a plate of eggs benedict with sides of homefries and white toast. No menu necessary. Obviously, my name's not "Benny." She just called me that cuz eggs benedict is all I ever ordered there, no matter the time of day I happened to stop in.

We don't have diners or anything else like that in my home country, so when I first encountered them here, I grew fascinated with the concept and went there so much, I was basically a fixture.

Yeah, the Vietnamese head chef at a place in my home town that serves Mongolian BBQ recognizes me and always asks if I want to have the usual seasoning on my food, even if I haven't been there for a month or so. I like in another country right now, but I would be surprised if he won't recognize me when I visit in July.

Happened to me with a Viet/Canto place.
Despite being Viet, they make the best HK beef . ho fun ever.

Anyway, after asking many rude personal questions ("you married? have kids? what wrong with you that you good looking no wife and no kids? what you do? how much you make?") they tried to hook me up with their daughter. Guess I answered satisfactorily.
She and I got together and went out to a Polish place because that's the closest I could find to Hungarian food and I wanted to introduce her to what I grew up eating since I've been eating her mother's cooking for a while (why are there no Hungarian restaurants in the US?!).
She liked the food, we liked each other then she broke the news: she's a lesbian. She tried telling her parents that she enjoys hot, steaming clam but they told her "You are not gay! You are Vietnamese!" as though the two are always mutually exclusive.
We hung out a few times after. Even went with her for her first explorations into lesbo world. We went to a dyke bar in town on a karaoke night, figuring there'd be a few Asian carpet munchers for her to get to know.

Her parents blame me for their daughter's lesbianism and I haven't had a good HK beef ho fun since.

>Seems to me the guy didn't want to lose his favorite restaurant so he kept going on more dates

Sounds like a Seinfeld plot.

>"You are not gay! You are Vietnamese!"
kek

Sucks about the ho fun, though.

hahahahahahaha faggot

I used to get a flat white every day at the coffee bar where I work, and often got chatting with the guy there, as you do. To the point where he easily remembered my order and started making me a flat white without me asking.

Then I changed my mind and started ordering a latte. We even had one or two conversations about how I was changing my order from 'the usual'.

A couple of months on he has just reverted back to making me a flat white now, as soon as he sees me, and I'm too spaghetti to keep reminding him it's not what I asked for.

Nose is way too flat, cheap earrings, 2/10 would not bang

I was just going to say the same thing when I saw your post

>1-2 times a week subway for the past 2 years
>either steak and cheese or BMT
>extra cheese, bbq sauce, only cucumber, honey oat bread
>they still ask these things every time
>still waiting for the day they don't

Kek