Where do I start with feminist philosophy and theory?

Where do I start with feminist philosophy and theory?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Camille_Paglia
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

don't
i'm serious

pls dont

Honestly you only need to read the Second Sex.

Everything beyond that is hysterical misandry.

one of the bigger foundations in modern thought

By throwing it in the trash. Find actual philosophy written by women or study the history and philosophies of past matriarchies... but god damn, avoid anything claiming to be feminist.

I think Kristeva seems interesting... Are you sure?

What do you get out of these threads? Genuinely curious. We know you're not sincere about learning feminist theory

Stop with these bait threads, /pol/

>misandry

>bueee its a bait trhead
no I'm genuinely interested in feminist theory

what I'm not interested in is pop-feminism

Why would you? It's in irrelevant ideology in our world and flawed to begin with. Why waste your time on trash?

What?

this is pretty much all you need user
pretty good book actually and germaine was not averse to getting her tits out back in the day
also modern feminists get hissy about her because she said trans people are not real women. i like her.

It might be flawed, but it's certainly not irrelevant. Every Western country is feminist in some kind of way at the governmental level.

If I learn feminist theory will I pull birds?

You start and stop with Rosa Luxemburg.

no m8 that's ornithology

I did after reading Butler. Then again I'm attractive so I probably could've talked like the frogmen and had the same result :-)

Mary Wollstonecraft
Sor Juana Ines De La Cruz
Emma Goldman
Rosa Luxemburg
Simone de Beauvoir

You can skip the rest.

Feminism is a purely reactionary movement, not worthy of critical evaluation.

Don't
It will make you resentful and shit
If you decide to do it be sure to read some stuff about evolutionary psychology as well. Gender relations, as far as they are stable across cultures (which they are for a large part), are a result of our biology. This is sometimes shitty for women but it is sometimes shitty for men as well. The shitty for men part just tends to be ignored because we like to see women as victims. Also evolutionary biology btw. In a tribe individual women are more valuable and less replacable than men in terms of reproduction. One men can impregnate 20 women but it takes like 15 years for a woman to raise one child.

The Vindication of the Rights of Women (Wollstonecraft)
Le deuxieme sexe (de Beauvoir)
Rosa Luxemburg
Virginia Woolf.
For the love of god, do not read anything a modern feminist recommends.

Solid list, would second

I tried reading Le Deuxieme Sexe in French (second language) and failed miserably...

Don't forget to read Paglia's big book on feminism, coming out next year. I can't fucking wait.

All of her books are great. She repudiates the naivete of "Rousseauism" while keeping Enlightenment optimism and agency.

>Fight Like a Girl
>The Beauty Myth
>Bad Feminist
>Female Chauvinist Pig
>We should All Be Feminist
>Men Explain Things To Me
>How to Be a Woman
Then go kill yourself out of despair for humanity.

Is this good? I have a fear it will be incredibly dry even for philosophy

post pic

I just purchased Paglia's Sexual Personae because I really liked to hear her talk on youtube, she's a feminist not those marxist bitches

Tough luck, the world is shitty.

Egalitarianism is a meme.

Leave and never come back

On Women by Schopenhauer

I don't take orders from Reddit.

Never heard of her before this thread, just watched a YouTube video of her savaging Hillary Clinton and Lena Dunham 10/10 are her books worth a look? I'm mostly interested in critiques of shitty modern 'feminsm'

/thread

She's a major critic of modern feminism in that she's a libertarian (not ancap, but self-determinationist) feminist. She has a very punchy, polemical style:
en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Camille_Paglia

Her first book Sexual Personae is heavier on the lit theory, with a (vaguely) Freudian basis. Harold Bloom was a champion of it and of her.

If you want to hear someone lambaste modern feminism, she's pretty much #1.

But Schopenhauer has never been On Women.

Thanks user, I'll check out her works. I don't mind chomping down on some heavier theory if the presentation and rationale behind it is sensible. It'd be nice to see a counterpoint to the hysterical pop-feminism we're stuck with these days

anything by hemingway

my androgyne

the garbage can.

I was thinking of reading the second sex. What am I in for?

Why would you pollute your mind with biased ideological noise?

don't
feminism is bullshit

The Dialectic of Sex is good because it's one of the few radfem books that actually has a sober view of sex as a biological reality (but still has insane prescriptions from that assumption)

The woman who took photos of her butthole because it's progressive. I haven't read the book but I've seen her debates and she seems like a dishonest cunt