I used to read 1000 pages in one hour

>I used to read 1000 pages in one hour

Who does this man think he's fooling?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ukSvjqwJixw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

himself

cyborg

I heard that when he was writing his book hemingway used to read the entire thing up to the point he stopped last time, and continue writing.

It took me almost a month to read the book, how is this possible??

i read 30 pages per hour
i wish i could read faster...

authors will always cheat and mislead you, so you never learn their secrets, never release your book and never stop respecting them

I could see this since its probably easy to skim what you've written fairly quickly. But to think anyone could read nearly the entire Old Testament within the length of one Sunday Mass is absurd.

You probably comprehend what you're reading then. A lot of online sources will say 400 wpm is average but it's at a 60% comprehension rate. I'm 225 but 95% comprehension

yeah, but i waste lots of time moving away from what i'm reading, sometimes my brain won't just focus on the book and will try to make me fap instead

I always daydream while reading. They are usually triggered by something in the novel, that will send my mind off somewhere else for a few minutes until I realise.. I should be reading.

He said he did it by taking the whole page in but I feel like he just read those works so much that looking at the page reminded him of where he was in the book.

You mean you can't read one page every four seconds?

Happen to me most of the time.

Any tip on how to prevent this from happening Veeky Forums?

He said he only read a few chapters prior to where he left off once the book got more than a few chapters long

Sometimes "daydreaming" can enhance your reading experience if you're dreaming about the themes of the book (as I often do).

If your mind wanders elsewhere frequently, it's likely as a result of a short attention span. So much of what we do in our daily lives involves a bombardment of excess "information," whether it be the frantic cuts and pacing in modern television/commercials or even the short, fragmented nature of websites like Veeky Forums.

The solution? Stop going on here, stop consuming mind-numbing information overload in general. Try more focused hobbies or consuming more measured information/entertainment. Instead of watching some self-insert harem anime, try slower, longer, "artsy" films. For reading, start off by setting a timer for 30 minutes or longer depending on what level you're at, and tell yourself you're going to focus on just reading for that time period. Of course, you'll still lose focus frequently at the beginning, but as you keep at it, you'll soon be hearing the timer's ring with an air of surprise. "Already?"

You shouldn't go cold turkey on anything, so lean yourself off the internet or whatever overloading vice you have. Limit yourself to Veeky Forums for a small period of time a day. Sooner or later, you won't want to come here at all.

>it took me a month to read it

I read it in an evening. It's a very short book. Do you read like 2 pages before bed or something?

he's like the little robot girl from "Small Wonder." Struggled to find a clip of "her" speed-reading but I'm too lazy so I'll post the intro:

youtube.com/watch?v=ukSvjqwJixw

But yeah, imagine him as that little robot girl. It's fun.

That's right about where i am, I'm finding reading is much more about stamina than it is speed

thanks mate

>"I have finally finished... © 1994 The Western Canon!"

Okay Harold, we get it. Don't have to show off or anything.

yeah, on the first hour of reading i can achieve the 30 pages, on the second hour its much harder (i never measured) but i probably read 10 pages or less

Around 40 pages per hour average here, fluctuates from 30 to 50 desu.

Also, I'm pretty sure you can't actually move your eyes fast enough to read one thousand pages in an hour.

eyes are pretty fast, but how about the time (and effort) you take flipping the pages 1000 times?

i can listen to 1000 songs per hour. i get a lot out of it

And Despite that, basically one new or slightly original opinion per decade. He is the Barbara Cartland of book reviewers.

Who is that total clown?

hes a fucking perdophile my mom said she worked fofr him and fucked his dick she was only forteen or 15

Me too

hes a professor of literature at an elite (world elite) university, i think hes doing ok

anyone read his Wallace Stevens book?
it's my first Bloom book and my god it feels dense

> spurdophile
:-DDD

This... is probably as close to true as it could be...

Remember Bloom is the same guy that encourages people to read outloud. That is slow as fuck

Thanks, friend.

same

the thing is user, if i stop coming here i won't receive good advices as yours
Veeky Forums is 99% shit, but the 1% makes it worth

i can read aloud 1000 books per hour
ama

I can at really best do 15 pages.

15 pages of what? I find that language affects my reading speed greatly. I can read something by Orwell much quicker than a technical philosophical work.