ITT: Foods you expected to be delicious but were left disappointed by

They seem like such a good idea on paper

Actually it's the other way around, they sound disgusting conceptually but are actually good if you try them

You have different tastes than I, and I don't like it.

chicarone are better fresh. stuff you buy in a jar or bag will be full of added salt and nitrates, and will still taste stale regardless

Chicharrones*

These are delicious with guacamole and an ice cold beer, in the north you get the rinds with meat, it like and extremely greasy bacon jerky hybrid

i think they gotta be fresh and hot.

i really enjoyed these. even though half of them scorched or didn't even pop.

the ones that worked were delicious. WAY different from the baken-ets i'm used to.

>less than 1 carb per serving
It's almost a fucking health food, right?

zucchini blossoms.

tastes like battered and fried iceberg lettuce.

i was expecting this sweet and intense zucchini flavor.

Britfag here. These things appeared in supermarkets here fairly recently, words cannot describe how disappointing they were. I was expecting them to be sweet but the chocolate is dirt cheap and the peanut butter is bland and very salty.

>They seem like such a good idea on paper

>>crunchy fried food
>>let's eat them wet!

No, user, they don't sound good.

Garbage stupid high fat count from being fried, will eat when desperate
An improvement, less fat, but Salty as fuck. will eat if I have 10 gallons of water handy

Chef Piggy's is the only reasonably non homemade option. They are god damned delicious, low fat, and don't taste like a salt lick.

Pastrami

Don't get me wrong, it's still one of the great brisket preparations, but considering how long you have to brine it / smoke it / cook it low PLUS how many spices you have to use in the process, it was a bit of a let down for me.

Rowntree pastilles are gross man. Idk how Britain managed to completely fuck up jellied candies, but you did. Bravo.

Agreed, a lot of the old traditional sweets we have here are weird as fuck

Dried blueberries
Breyer's Blasts

It's a texture thing. It dissolves into stuff not unlike that disgusting shredded beef jerky that comes in fake chewing tobacco tins.

>lets eat them wet!

huh?

Fukken this. If there's not some kind of grizzled wetback with a simmering vat out back, I pass on the chicharrones, but the second I see someone's Tio José dripping sweat into a cauldron of pork fat? I am on that shit.
There are few things in life as satisfying as an extra-cold cheap beer, a plate of fresh chicharrones, and some lime. Steamed manioc on the side, if necessary.

i think he thought they were jarred in brine or something in the pic

In Mexico we have these Tacos Plazeros which are tacos with chicharron nopales, cream cheese, queso de puerco (pork head jelly) and guacamole and some traditional herbs like cilantro or an hwrb called papalo

This shit is G O A T when poor as fuck because all the ingredients are dirt cheap

+1 this guy

I'm going to a very fancy restaurant tonight, $75-$160 entrees fancy
sides sold separately for $12 a piece fancy
$15 for a salad course fancy

anyway, I am going to have duck tonight. Wild caught duck at that! Now, all the meme chefs like gordon and tony B insist how wonderful duck is.

I anticipate disappointment

Fruit pastilles are amazing

Utz isn't a good brand. And plain porkk rinds aren't that great anyway. Try a flavored version. I like the spicy kind.

Who knows.
Best duck I've had, I made myself.
Worst was at a fancy restaurant

Was so excited when we finally got one.
Holy shit, what a disappointment.
Fucking rip off.

DId you like, just have pastrami for the first time, or what?

Store rinds where never good.
Fresh home made rinds are a gift from heaven.
That flavour is sort of comparable to the fat bits you get on ribs, just sweeter.
The typical industrial way to make rinds is to suck as much of the lard off them as possible, so you are left with a bunch of incomplete something that also usually happens to be stale as fuck.

Those don't compare to the fresh ones. Get some limón, a tortilla, and some soda.
I get mine from a small store a few blocks down.

Don't you have to make these fresh yourself for them to be actually good. I've only ever had like 1 or 2 bags in my entire life but I remember disliking them.

>Fresh home made rinds are a gift from heaven.

Came here to say this.

Gotta be fresh out the fry.

Legit pork rinds, like from a pork belly, take 3 days to make. I'm pretty sure you've never done that.

I like to flip it upside down and let it sit on my tongue whole. it's my favourite bar

They were good in the 90s. They are gross now. Quality of ingredients has gone to hell.

Good post, albeit a bit racist.

The Southwest burger from McDonald's 4 years ago. I ate one bite, then threw it out my car window.

it was really just ok, shoulda gotten steak and lobster like everybody else at the table

>buy shit
>deep down inside know it's going to be shit
>act angry when it's shit

congrats?