Please help me solve the math problem in the pic...

Please help me solve the math problem in the pic. Please do not delete this thread or tell me to go to /r/ because they only can help me find boobs.

this is a math section so i need math help. Thank you!

Please explain or show how you arrive at your answer. I know the answer from the answer key but i don't know how to go about solving this.

thank you fellow math and science lover.

/r/ can only help me find boobs.

BUMP

Hint: where does sine equal 1/2?

well sin is equal to 1/2 at
30 degrees which is pi/6
and
150 degrees which is 5pi/6

Is this bait? This is a high school exercise and an easy one at that. Fuck off.

I was also wondering that but I was trying not to bump the thread in case it is bait

No i need math help. troll.

Write out the problem as far as you can get and I'll consider helping

well thats the thing, i dont know where to start, am i supposed to replace the f(x) in the first equation with 3/2 and then plug the 4 possible answers in for x?

that to me sounds wrong because what if this type of problem comes up and i dont get any multiple choice answers!

This is an 18+ site. Please, leave.

thats really ignorant. you should really support people who are interested in learning math instead of being a dick to them.

no wonder there are so many climate deniers around.

You set it equal to 3/2.
Then you get 1/2=sin (3x-pi/2)
Then you get two equations. Sin (3x-pi/2) can only equal 1/2 when 3x-pi/2 is equal to what values?

Sin (3x-pi/2) can only equal 1/2 when 3x-pi/2 is equal to what values?

i have no idea =(

While I kind of agree with what you're saying, I highly doubt OP is interested. He probably just doesn't want to make a huge effort to understand his homework. That being said, with high school math it's pretty easy to get completely stuck and a lot of teachers are inept.

Think of it this way. For what y does sin (y)=1/2? Remember your unit circle fuck face

if i wasn't interested , why would i bother to ask the question and politely thank people for their help? that makes no sense,

So you can get good grades and receive praise from your teachers and family.

>well sin is equal to 1/2 at
>30 degrees which is pi/6
>and
>150 degrees which is 5pi/6

so theta = x-pi/6 and sin of theta here is 1/2

.. yes but i don't know how to continue

i already have the answer key and im stuck on a homework problem. the book does not show how to solve it and im trying to learn it so i can actually do it. you are not logical.

Okay okay

Consider this then:
1/2=sin (pi/6)
And
1/2=sin (5pi/6)

If we have 1/2=sin (3x-pi/2)
Then what would 3x-pi/2 have to equal if you want sin (3x-pi/2) to equal 1/2.

So 3x-pi/2=?
Or 3x-pi/2=¿

What does the inside have to equal for sine of it to be 1/2?

okay i solved it, thanks for the negativity.

3x-pi/2 has to equal pi/6

since sin of (3x-pi/2) = 1/2

so i added pi/2 to both sides to get 3x=4pi/6

than divided the 3 from both sides to get 2pi/9

those of you mean people who don't like to help others are very sad people. math should always be embraced and anyone looking to learn it should be helped. there are so few people who earnestly want to learn and all you do with your put downs is make people feel bad about themselves and quit.

just what we need in a world where no one knows math enough to understand climate change or economics and thus end up slaves to a system.

btw, consider and adult who is making a career change and hasn't had to do h.s. level math in 40+ years, maybe that person, who is starting from ground zero really doesn't need to be put down but rather helped out.

i'd much rather be a good person to others than talk down to someone because they don't know something,

That doesn't refute me since you are generally required to show your work to receive credit.

But anyways, focus on the task at hand. We're almost done and then we can wipe this thread off the board since it technically does not belong.

true but you also need to know how to do it on a test. homework points are worth hardly anything 10% total i think. and final is worth 40% of grade. midterm was 30% also attendance/ quizzes and participation are graded.

You should grow thicker skin. You should also be aware that on this website insulting is the norm. Insults are sometimes terms of endearment here. You shouldn't ever be offended on this website, or really life in general. It's too short to give a flying fuck. I may have been insulting but I took the damn time to help you.

Relax. Say thanks. Appreciate that your rule breaking thread accomplished what you wanted.

to you who helped me, thank you.,

No problem. Good luck with your class faggot. I'm sure you'll do well on the tests since you seem motivated. Remember when you're going to college, pure math is best math and don't let the dirty engineers tell you otherwise.

also, sometimes the rules need to be broken. i can pose many examples of this.

Fuck you senpai

i do support people who are interested in learning. you are just some underage fag too lazy to read a textbook for 15 minutes to solve a trivial school problem.