Is there a single flaw in this plan?

Other urls found in this thread:

spacearchaeology.org/?p=105
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Does "number of flaws" == 1
Nope

>infinite

A few, but go on. What's the next step of your master plan

I plan on selling the energy, pricing will be based on each country's GDP per capita so it's fair for everyone.

You're going to destroy Earth

Excuse me?

With no survivors

Best of luck to OP.

The earth is actually flat.

>single flaw
Friction? How do you keep the shafts of the generators "still" relative to the rotation of the earth?

just one:
the earth isn't a ball

Yes.

>earth
>globe

people will fall for this bait

Actually, there has been serious discussion about whether useful energy can be extracted by Earth's magnetic field that's not terribly different from whatever the fuck you drew, satan.

it would work, it slowly takes rotational energy from the earth, which is fine, will affect the rate at which tidal locking occurs (with the sun), probably accelerate it, then you are out of 'free power'

Is flat earth trolling suppose to be funny? Because it's pretty lame.

FUCK YOU FAGGOT I PUT A LOT OF EFFORT INTO THIS

It's totally fucking fucked. Although if you build a damn big gyroscope you could use it to extract power from earth's rotation. Space elevators are another way energy can be extracted from earth's rotation

You put a motor (powered by the generator) on one of the two poles that keeps it spinning.

Hello Satan

Are you going to impale the earth on a steel pole?

This is the opposite of Dyson's planetary spin motor (a magnetic machine that increases a planet's rotation until it flies apart).

spacearchaeology.org/?p=105

Basically, your idea would work well until the Earth stops spinning. This would cause the planet to be tidally locked with the sun. It would eventually destroy all life on the planet.

It isn't a sphere. It is very misshapen.

>infinite energy
You're going to stop the rotation of the Earth and kill us all though. Rotational motion has a finite amount of energy, and the more you extract the slower the Earth will spin.

The spin will slow down dog

slow doggo is sad doggo

but how much energy is there in earth's rotation

The only correct answer

Assume the Earth is a uniform sphere of diameter 6.371 × 10^6 m, mass 5.972 × 10^24 kg, and angular velocity of 7.292 × 10^−5 rad/s.

That gives a moment of inertia of 9.696 × 10^37 kg m^2.
That gives rotational energy of 2.578 × 10^26 J, or 2.578 × 10^14 TJ.

The Earth consumed approximately 109,613 TWh in 2014, which is equal to 3.946 × 10^8 TW.

The rotational energy of the Earth could power the Earth's CURRENT energy needs for 653 319 years before coming to a stop.

I may have made a calculation mistake, since I left my good calculator at work and I'm using the Windows calculator.

Yea, they are total dorks bro. Hahaha

To be clear: This analysis does not take into consideration the growth of human Energy consumption, nor does it account for power requirements (rate of Energy consumption). This is a rough estimate that doesn't consider the fact that as the Earth slows, the power output would decrease and may not be sufficient for the needs of the Earth.

Correct, it is actually slightly elliptical.

Bazinga

mAK GO FASTER with

>pricing will be based on each country's GDP per capita
s-s-soshalizm!

Alright that was funny.

I'm confused guys, so how does it look like, what I'm thinking right now is it looks something like this. Where the Earth's spins turns the turbines and then that makes our power. Am I right?

Christ, that diagram...

>construct giant gear
>radius goes from the moon-earth lagrange point to the ground
>gear center is equipped with a dynamo
>gear spins
>???
>profit

you are also assuming 100% energy conversion efficiency

a 3-dimensional body can't be elliptical, ellipse is a 2-dimensional shape.
what you mean to describe is a "slightly oblate spheroid"

And also varying density of the earth

What is it spinning with respect to? It won't generate any power if the entire generator is turning with the Earth. You need something extraterrestrial to hold it still so the earth can spin with respect to that non-moving reference frame.

Not "does" but "is there" so yes. there is—but not limited to—one flaw.

>calculation mistake
yes, off by three orders of magnitude
don't trust the machine, check it in your head:

earth m=6e24 kg
earth r=6.4e6 m --> r^2 ≈ 40e12=4e13
earth w=7.3e-5 s^-1 w^2 ≈ 50e-10=5e-9
Erot=mr^2w^2/5 ≈ 6e24*4e13*5e-9/5 = 24e28 = 2.4e29 J

two-shell PREM estimate yields about 8.6e37 kgm^2 and 2.3e29 J