What are the biggest "casual filters" in cooking? I.e. foods that a lot of novices attempt and fuck up on

What are the biggest "casual filters" in cooking? I.e. foods that a lot of novices attempt and fuck up on

what retard cooks rice in a stainless steel skillet

you can make foolproof rice in a nonstick skillet provided you have a lid and about twenty minutes but who in their right mind would attempt to cook a starchy grain on a non-seasoned surface and expect anything but that picture

also rice isn't even hard as long as you remember to actually rinse it 3-4 times and let it soak for a bit while you do other stuff

Setting out to recreate a dish from some chain restaurant at home.

A proper omelette

spaghetti with meat sauce. a lot of people dont know how to cook ground beef so it ends up tough and spongy in their sauce. also the noodles being limp and soggy is another no-no

Properly cooking chicken breast

Risotto

Similarly, dumping cold spaghetti sauce onto hot noodles as opposed to adding the noodles to warmed sauce (preferably with a splash of pasta water)

scrambled eggs, 90% are burnt.

who the hell dumps cold sauce onto noodles? and what benefit does the pasta water have? genuine q

This one does confuse me. Have you ever looked at the cooking instructions on a packet of chicken breast from a supermarket? Ever tried following the instructions? You actually end up with a *really good* chicken breast.

Literally all anybody has to do is follow the incredibly simple instructions.

Steak, because it's hard to make a good steak and easy to convince yourself that a bad steak is actually a good steak.

Adding the pasta water helps the sauce stick a bit better

so much this

gets rid of starch

>1 cup of rice
>2 cups of water
>bring to boil
>turn heat off, put lid on as soon as water drops below surface of rice
>let it steam for 10 minutes
what's with all this "soak it beforehand and rinse it several times" bullshit

I feel like a god after grilling some steaks to near perfection. Its not simple. How long do you let them sit out?

Stocks. it's the foundation. I see so many plebs spout "i make my own stock" meanwhile they post a pic with floating gray albumin in it.

Roasted potatoes

And I mean really good roasted potatoes

overcooking things in general

what the fuck is that an ostrich?

I've never seen a package of chicken with instructions on it in my life

nice way to fuck up sticky rice and brown rice

yeah, pic related (same restaurant)

why did they think this was a good idea?

best case scenario is still an uneven cook

Holy shit!
Is that Jack Black?

Quit bullshitting, bitch. I bet your breasts are all overcooked and dry.

Top Chef Killer

not reading the instructions and just jumping right in because you're an average joe and apparently you're under the impression that average joes do not read

You should look harder.

You should try the instructions.

>that uncooked bird head held up on a stick

Jack takes it as a point of pride for never reading instructions, then hilariously fucks up on camera

is it? it's not that hard

this
i mastered them in pan, but still cant get the results i want in oven

flippping pancakes with their weaker hand. easiest way to separate who is actually a good cook from a """""""hobbyist"""""""" cook.

usually i check their passport. if it's american, then that is a clear evidence that they do not know how to cook.

here you go m8

What? It's entry level

did you mean hobbyist """""""cook"""""""

???

i will try this
i just cant get the outside to be as crispy as i want
it's decent, but pan still goes better (and way faster)

>Roast potatoes
>Pan

Pick one

>Roast potatoes
>Wedges

Pick one

>Roast potatoes
>Olive oil

Pick one

>nonstick

found the casual

shut up homo

Steak, plebs can only cook is halfway.

Replace American with British and you are 100% correct.

I like my scrambled eggs to be slightly burnt, it gives them a nice fried-egg like crunch

My boyfriend likes his eggs past overcooked and scrambled. It's nauseating, but I do it for him anyway. He just hates runny yolk. Don't get me wrong, he's a good cook, he just hates runny yolk for whatever reason.

I cook mine under a lid sunnyside up.

I always cook rice in stainless steel and I never have a problem with sticking. Try turning the heat off towards the end of cooking while keeping the lid on so the rice steams but the bottom doesn't scorch.

>tfw don't know how to cook eggs any way other than scrambled
>they're probably shitty anyway

if I just crack the eggs in a pan it's like the bottoms of the egg burn but the top isn't cooked enough

and I've tried using lower heat

show tits or fuck off

Don't be a shit

>
fuck off my board you faggot reddit numale cuck

If you are trying to make a fried egg by cracking them directly into the pan, then it helps to draw the whites that surround the yolk towards the outside of the egg after the bottom solidifies. The yolk is meant to be runny, so if that's not your thing but you don't want to flip the egg for some reason then just put a few tsps of water and a lid and wait a minute or two.

please do not be rude, this is a nice board and you are not welcome

>assuming it's a female

>and I've tried using lower heat
Cooking isn't magic, if your eggs are burning either the heat is too high or you're not flipping them early enough.

>this is a nice board
lol nah nigga, nah

Replied wrong post go me

boo to you for attempting otherwise

99% of this can be fixed by turning the heat to low/medium

>being this much of a faggot sjw

please fuck off and never return

have fun ruining a nice board with your nonsense, it's not like I can stop you from being a dick

Porridge.

>hate the Drake!