ITT: Recommend some lit graphic novels

ITT: Recommend some lit graphic novels

>le reddit story books

>>/co/

Transmetropolitan.

Blacksad
Persepolis
The Incal

Alan Moore's shit (particularly Watchmen and From Hell)
Maus
Asterios Polyp
Jimmy Corrigan
Sharaz-de
Corto Maltese
Prince Valiant
This is the top stuff I've read, disregarding the relatively obscure local comics

Fuck no, that's a terrible one.

How should I approach Incal? There's Incal, Before Incal and After, in which order are they supposed to be read?

Just read Incal, the one that was drawn by Moebius, if you like it you could try the others but never heard much about them.

OP you should try Will Eisner's Contract With God trilogy, it's the best paced comic I've ever read.

((( )))

the lost girls by Alan moore

I still don't get this meme

Corto Maltese
anything Spiegelman
anything Crumb
Metabarons

>Persepolis
Disgusting.

I'm gonna be a pleb and recommend the Sandman. It's definitely the single Gaiman work worth reading

American Vampire by Scott Snyder and Stephen King is also good

Means he's aJew

Grant Morrison's work is great as entry level metafiction writing 101. Start with Animal Man and move on to The Invisibles and Doom Patrol. You can check out his capeshit too but he gets kinda obtuse after that.

Also, if you love animals and/or have pets you might want to skip We3.

If there's a single superhero comic you're gonna read (apart from Watchmen) I'll say Nextwave. If you like it, check out Ellis' other work like Planetary and Global Frequency. Very enjoyable especially if you like pop culture and scifi being parodied

this one gave me twelve thousand erections.

Incal is so good

I always liked Orbiter by Warren Ellis

"Bottomless Belly Button"

Not even joking, it's great.

Une semaine de bonté by Max Ernst is a masterpiece of sequential art. Don't expect capefuckers to read it though

I'm a big fan of Joe Sacco. Also Charles Burns Back Hole left a big impression on me, very unsettling. Haven't read xed out yet

>we don't care
>please love us
>Mark Millar licks goats

Made me kek

I'm actually going to read it tomorrow at a library. Did you read about it in McCloud's book?

"Graphic novel" is a meme term coined by retarded book critics. But if you want to read a good comic you should check out Prince Valiant by Hal Foster, Fantagraphics has been reprinting it in the original colors.

No, I haven't read McCloud. I found it through Ernst's other work

read manga OP, it's the superior form of sequential art

literally unironically not in a meme way:

i seriously hope you guys don't do this

Why?

Don't listen to this faggot. Manga is not for Veeky Forums. You're not a f/a/ggot , OP.

Appreciate all the suggestions senpai, havent read most of them. I recently got a bookstore gift card so i'll def check some of these out

SAMURAI EXECUTIONER

the twilight companions

There is a great adaptation of Paul Auster's City of Glass