Harvard rescinded admissions offers from at least 10 students for an obscene Facebook chat

"In the group, students sent each other memes and other images mocking sexual assault, the Holocaust, and the deaths of children, according to screenshots of the chat obtained by The Crimson. Some of the messages joked that abusing children was sexually arousing, while others had punchlines directed at specific ethnic or racial groups. One called the hypothetical hanging of a Mexican child 'piñata time.'"

Who was in the wrong here?

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/harvard-rescinds-student-acceptances-over-obscene-facebook-memes-2017-6
youtube.com/watch?v=2QOIRuc6sZU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

link: businessinsider.com/harvard-rescinds-student-acceptances-over-obscene-facebook-memes-2017-6

Yo senpai I just realised i saw this post like 2 mins after it was posted!

By the way i typed yo senpai and fricking autocorrect changed it

The retarded racist child molesters.

>retarded
>got into harvard

>got into harvard

Entering an Ivy League school isn't that amazing of a feat as it used to be. Just put in your application that you're not white and if they don't take you they're racist.

>One called the hypothetical hanging of a Mexican child 'piñata time.'"
I cringed at this one

They needed to check their respective privileges. To get back in they have to write #BlackLivesMatter 100 times on the chalkboard

Thought crime should be punished by death.

Harvard was, and I despise those kinds of people. What your students do online shouldn't be the concern of the college.

Hello newfriend

They did the right thing, only a massive brainlet would post that shit online with their real name

This.
Brainlets got what they deserved for not being anonymous

they literally did nothing wrong

Not surprised one bit. Harvard doesn't want embarassing brainlets as students. All they care about is prestige and social networks.

No, they're not. They're also not being punished. Harvard just reassessed the situation and decided that it doesn't want those walking embarassments as students.

the students' for getting caught

>hiding your powerlevel and not normie-posting is now an entrance requirement
Are Harvard, dare I say, /ourguys/?

Would listing that I'm a minority (I'm half) actually play in my favor or is that a meme?

The students for using shitter book or the snitch fag.

Not science.

>>hiding your powerlevel and not normie-posting
Fuck off /r9k/ cancer. Just because you're socially retarded doesn't mean you have any academic talent.

>smoothposting this hard

>smoothposting
What?

If you ever spend time in a university math department you'll notice that all of the autistic people are not only retarded but they often fail out of the program or don't go on to grad school.

Not to mention everyone cringes at their presence and hates being associated with them.

Putting white would be dishonest. Isn't there an option for other or mixed? You're not going to get in unless you meet their standards academically anyway. Your race will almost definitely not determine anything. But it doesn't hurt to show you're a minority obviously.

only smoothbrains post memes while facefagging

Have memes gone too far?

The closest thing is like Hispanic/Caucasion or other.
I think it depends on the place, like sometimes for job apps I can put other and it has notes or whatever but for school it usually doesn't.

it's 100% a concern of the college. all schools do this sort of shit. hell, there have been a number of instances of people booted out of my school for posting dumb shit on reddit (lmao) that was traced back to the person, and they were all had pseudonyms. deserved it for posting on reddit imo, as these fucks did for posting dumb reprehensible shit under the harvard name

That sucks. Then put black, whatever. Small chance it gives you a slight edge in the rare occasion they're way over-loaded with impeccable applicants.

>shitposting under your own name
I bet the guy who kicked them out didn't do it because he was offended, it was because he didn't want people so retarded in harvard.

seriously lmao at being the dudes who didn't get into harvard for being too much of an edgelord. they were literally to dumb to go to the school.

who the fuck talks 4chanese on facebook. why would you want to associate your professional self with this shit

You can't be this new. Please leave.

If you inaccurately report your ethnicity its an auto-rescind and black if they admit you, and letting other schools know which is also likely a rescind if they find you out.

Don't do it.

> Jokes about hanging Mexican children
> Non-anonymous social media
If they're that fucking stupid, Harvard was right in kicking them out. Shit, even if you don't want to Veeky Forums, get an anonymous Twitter account linked to a throwaway email.

>Inb4 the inevitable muh Freedums lawsuit
Hate speech is not protected by law.

I always put white as race and hispanic as ethnicity. I'm pretty sure this is right? As I'm half white half puerto rican.

There are like 20 kids for every place at Harvard so why not make sure they're not lame edgelords.

You put Hispanic white which gets AA benefits. Its not that complicated unless you make it.

Most Harvardians don't have a power-level to hide. Or if they have a power-level, apparently they're so good at hiding it that they'll never express themselves even if the world is falling around them. Is there such a thing as a negative power-level?

t. actually goes to Harvard

All I want is some fucking sauce of these memes you faggots

Hispanic = White who speaks spanish. It is not an ethnicity but no one is goig to complain about you using it that way. As far as race, it's not real anyways and the definition of both white and Hispanic has changed back and forth in many ways throughout US history, so put down whatever as no one will really care unless you make a scene of it.

Which one of you fuckers was it Veeky Forums

What if I play some retarded 21st century applicant shit like "I identify as hispanic. My roots don't define me"

mfw me and my friends do this

should I delete my account lads?

Fucking kek a bunch of edgy teenagers got rekt

Just made my day

>friends
You should delete your life.

What a greasy, slimy snitch. In England it's fine to stab someone and be a generally unpleasant bitch and still study at Oxford.

user i

Just put Hispanic for everything negro de mierda

in england it's generally fine to have banter

>puerto rican
>not ticking black

>One called the hypothetical hanging of a Mexican child 'piñata time.'
What the fuck
This isn't a thought.
And it should be punishable by not getting into Harvard.

Who jokes about hanging children

quite alot of highly paid comedians

Like who?

>quite alot
how many and how higly paid

god i can only imagine mexicans joking about hanging white children
they would have already been doxxed and we'd have 10 threads about it

>muh sicret clob

Louis CK

Can you quote the joke or give a link? I'm not finding anything.

HE DIDN'T MAKE JOKES ABOUT DEAD KIDS HAHAH SO YOUR WRONG

WHAT DYA MEAN HE MADE JOKES ABOUT WANKING DURING 9/11 IT'S NOT THE SAME SO I'M RIGHT

youtube.com/watch?v=2QOIRuc6sZU

So you lied and made a claim without evidence, got called out, and this is somehow my fault?

>mocking sexual assault, the Holocaust, and the deaths of children
>One called the hypothetical hanging of a Mexican child 'piñata time.'"
this can't be real
sounds like a false flag by someone who created fake accounts just to make the 'other side' seem retarded
and yet apparently IT IS real - i am amused and happy more and more such people will come to light

it really is good press and good politics and the cherry on top is Harvard denied them

anyways, mexicans did nothing wrong

You're right, seeing a dick is as bad as getting hung and beaten with pinata sticks. How foolish of me.

t. literal autist

if they posted that exact joke they'd be facing the same punishment

>he didn't understand the joke

as they fucking should
i am ashamed of my younger self for ever having laughed at 9/11 meme jokes

hoping MIT doesn't do this, I'm racist as fuck online

a fucking underage

>dumb reprehensible shit
oh fuck off SJW

>kicked out for a edgy meme in a private messaging
I truly lost all of my respect for ivy league schools.

grad school

>You can't study here because you don't match up our opinions and beliefs!
Excellent, we're not just blatantly throwing the 1st amendment out the window.

>Would listing that I'm a minority (I'm half) actually play in my favor
YES x1000, if you have any minority blood absolutely list it. Fuck "getting in by merit," it's literally all bullshit and you should play the system as much as possible.

no girls on Veeky Forums plz

Is this the alt-right

say what you like
doesn't mean you get into harvard
especially if you are stupid enough to post things like
and you aren't even anonymous

Racism and "dank memes" are normie scum shit now

hate speech is free speech, nigger.

>He said a meanie word! Bar him from entry!
It's an incredibly dangerous precedent to set, no matter what the fuck they said short of it being a bomb threat.
Next thing you know they'll be barring entry from anybody who didn't register themselves with the Green Party.

It doesn't matter that they said that shit, it was a private conversation on their own time and the institution, no matter what it is, has absolutely no right to hold that against them.

>waaaahhh quit oppressing me
kill yourself crybabby

this

thanks
saved and will post whenever i can, so people can laugh at stupidity
yes, normies ruin everything they touch don't they
yeah islam is free speech too - wearing hijabs or whatever

>this
this what you tard
you mean these?
don't deny you wish these people hadn't been foolish enough to do this shit so openly, because it makes your entire bunch look ridiculous

How close do we need to get to literal censorship for people to start fighting back? They posted JOKES in private messages, not bullying anyone and just trying to make each other laugh with retarded memes. What if they saw on your facebook you support Trump, would that also be grounds for rescinding your offer? Ideological homogenization is not what college should be about.

Harvard doesn't care about any of that. They just don't want to look like they're endorsing any of this shit. It's only optics and damage control. Either way, Harvard tries to establish a certain campus community culture and they're pretty free to do that however they wish. Especially according to the new education secretary.

>Nancy DeVos wants schools to be free to discriminate how they want while still recieving federal funding.
>Conservacucks go crazy about it thinking it's a great idea.
>Universities start discriminating against conservacucks.
>mfw

My body is ready for edgyness

>not bullying anyone
hmm
> Ideological homogenization is not what college should be about.
Are you a multiculturalist now
Don't you know homogeneous societies function better you leftist cuck?

Keep bending over and taking these limitations on what you can and can't say, I'm sure it will work out in the future.
Nothing wrong with pakis wearing their desert garb as long as they're not imposing on anyone else.

>Be a student
>My facebook pretty much used for university only is littered with shitty suggestions of generic "X memes for Y"
I really hope those are honey pots set up by universities to weed out retards.

nice larping

what larping
it is correct that homogeneous societies function better almost by definition
this is why i am so happy interracial marriages are on the rise

we need more of that

you are so mad right now

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech

>X should be allowed to incite violence and discriminate against others
>Nothing wrong with X as long as they aren't hurting anyone else.

I like how quickly you contradicted yourself.

This. Seperate but equal schooling is the true right wing way. Harvard is a private school and does things their way. You can form your own school if you don't like the way they do business.

/pol/ is truly the most cancerous thing to happen to Veeky Forums in all these years. Nothing else comes close, not even furfags.