everything flows

very good, but a little scattered

Is this that NSA bullshite.
Canada
Swans way. It good but pretty mundane.

>25
>Mexico
>The Republic
I'm enjoying it, though I should be reading it instead of posting on an anime image board.

>21 years
>Oregon, one of the fifty United States of America
>making globalization work - Joseph Stiglitz

It seems like good critique of neolib fundamentalism and offers useful solutions.

>18
>Michigan
>A clockwork orange
It's really good imo

>22
>VA
>Suttree by McCarthy

It's only the second one I've read by him, the first being The Road. Incidentally, I really enjoy this read. It's rather comical to say the least. The characters' vernacular used throughout the dialogue is pretty great, too. This novel seems like an accurate portrayal of American life in the South during the 20th century-- not that I would know. Truly comfy.

>19
>Norway
>American Gods

So far I like it

>23
>germany
>the pen and paper core rulebook of the newest cthulhu edition and I guess I like it? Illustrations are dope, got me the colored version. Some stuff like chase rules seem kinda silly though.

>20
>indy
>meditations

Its great. starting Zarathustra soon

Norway
Confederacy of dunces

>22
>BC
>A Farewell to Arms

I'm not reading it at as fast a pace as I'd like but I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

NYS
Mythology by Edith Stein (the greek classics as told by the author)

>18
>Israel
Finished Stoner yesterday, was nice as fuck.
Starting Soseki's I Am a Cat today

>Israel

>not living in the land of Jesus and the Bible
>thinks he's qualified to post on Veeky Forums

>28 on Friday
>Southern Ontario
>Hamlet. I really like it.

You're right.

>19
>bleeding edge
Third pynchon after TCOL49 and V. I've been able to follow this one much easier than the others, but it hasn't had things that mademethink like the other two have. Hoping that will come later, after 9/11 happens in the book

>22
>CDMX
>pic related

Much better than I expected, and I am actually really liking it a lot. I can't stop reading it.

Forgot pic.

>CDMX

?

Stop being an anti-semite butt hole user, go back to /pol/

>20
>North Carolina
>Gravity's Rainbow
I'm less than 100 pages in, but not having nearly as hard of a time reading as I assumed I would from memes.
I know it gradually gets harder to follow and I'm not clear on many connections yet, since they haven't been fully explored, but it's very easy to tell what's happening in each "scene" or whatever.
It's also very funny.

>20
>CO
>Paradise Lost
Halfway done, and it's incredible! I'm reading it much slower than I usually read books so I can absorb it better and because the edition I have has a ton of footnotes

It's the way hip kids call Mexico City, Mel.

Guatemala
Rampo's Mo-Ju: The Blind Beast.

Loving it. The foreword fucking ruined it though. It threw some spoilers, and then the spoilers overhyped it. The Caterpillar isn't as firmly planted in the underbelly of perverse sexual violence as this my ass.

But obviating the foreword and a few mistypes/grammatical errors/most likely mistranslations, I'm loving it.

>25
>Florida
>A tale of two cities

This is like my fifth attempt at reading this book. I finally got past the third chapter, and am now almost done with the second book. This is the first novel that i read of dickens, and find him quite entertaining, but shallow compared to the more philosophical russians, french, and latin americans that i usually read.

>22
>Massachusetts
>Mason & Dixon
It's as comfy as they said it would be. For once Veeky Forums didn't lie to me!

Edith Hamilton?

>20
>AL
>Player Piano
It's pretty good, but I'm not as swept up in it as I was Slaughterhouse-Five or Breakfast of Champions. A little less than 100 pages in and Paul is a much more serious character and not given to reveling in the sark absurdity of the story unlike Vonnegut's other protagonists. This will probably be the last Vonnegut I read for a while to avoid burnout.

>18
>Queens, NY
>The Odyssey
Gotta catch up on the literature that made my people famous

18, Adelaide, Ulysses & War and Peace, as well as Babyficker

They're all good desu, enjoying Tolstoy more (I'm a third way through) but that's probably because I need to get used to Ulysses' style and Babyficker, which has given me weird dreams so far, is post-modern/dadaist, which isn't a bad thing but certainly not blowing my mind.

>Not reading multiple books at a time

Disgusting wog.

Melbourne
I just finished reading A Certain Maritime Incident: The Sinking of SIEV X, I am about to begin Alastair Reynolds Revelation Space

>21
>NY
>I am a strange loop
Written in a relatively straightforward way. Ideas are conveyed simply and clearly. I'm enjoying it.

Appollonius of Perga - On Conics
John Maynard Keynes - The General Theory of Employment, Interest, and Money

Appollonius seems much more complex than Euclid or Archimedes. I am very nervous going into this, because since Archimedes was a step up from Euclid I fear Appollonius is going to shrek me.
Keynes is absolutely dense. An extremely hard work to sift through. But rewarding in the end.
Next Up:
Ptolemy - THE Almagest
Henry George - Progress and Poverty: An Inquiry into the Cause of Industrial Depressions and of Increase of Want with Increase of Wealth: The Remedy

>19
>Australia
>For Whom the Bell Tolls
About halfway and have been reading it slowly, some parts completely pull me in and some I find seem to ramble on a bit, overall good.

>20
>Aus

It's quite enjoyable so far. I'm mostly reading it for the neoplatonism and how to synthesises with Christianity.

Singapore/Seattle/Philadelphia
Jung's Red Book/The God of Small Things

I've read the latter many times and it holds great significance for me. The latter, I'm reading for the first time. Many people I respect have lauded it, but 100 pages in, I find the characters thinly sketched and the prose lacking.

I'm also reading the Song of Songs in Hebrew (not a kike, just study biblical Hebrew for the first class prose) which is predictably... divine ha ha ha.

The Teenage Fanclub song is better.

I think it has decent proposals for the shorter term, but it's politically stunted and doesn't really comment on how to actually enact said proposals. Stiglitz is a reformist bitch whose primary legacy will be advising Empress Yellen when she was in grad school.

I see the point in reading Archimedes after you know modern calculus, but Apollonius is pointless without some knowledge of classical differential geometry, at least. Have you studied it?

Stick with GoSM. I agree with your point but it develops. In the end the point is less about the characters I think, and more about an interpretation of life.

>30
>Notts, UK
>A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
>only started this morning but it's very promising

>20
>Sherbrooke, Canada
> Voyage au centre de la Terre (Journey to the Center of the Earth)

Just reading something comfy and easy before I tackle one of the big 600+ pages books I have in my backlog.

>40
>Lexington, ky
>"The 36 hour day"- a family guide for people caring for someone with Alzheimer's.
>required reading for my dad

France
World of Jeeves
Canterbury Tales
The three muscuteers

I just finished brideshead revisited and I'm looking for a new 20th century novel. Any ideas?

À l'Ouest, rien de nouveau

>19
>Lebanon
>Kafka on the shore
Pretty nice and surreal

>27
>Brussels, Belgium
>Butcher's crossing

I like it.

Poland
Heart of Darkness
I'm at the beginning and so far so good. His writing style is very peaceful, melancholic even.

>27
>Germany
>poems by Walt Whitman; great but I rarely find the time and energy to continue
>40 Wochen oder so by Thomas Bindernagel; a book about pregnancy from the father's perspective. It's not great so far. It's the sort of book someone writes that really wants to be an author, but never had a unique idea. Some chapters sound like a highschooler wrote them. I'll only finish it because it was a present by my sister-in-law.

>20
>Spain
>In The Shadow Of Young Girls In Flower - Marcel Proust. Great. Stunningly beautiful prose, soulcrushing accuracy on its deciption of falling in love, hilarious on the several portraits of miserably human characters.

Philippines
Death in Venice

Australia
The Myth of Sisyphus
Really bored of reading non-fiction, and this is a pretty dry read. Looking forward to a new load of fiction coming in this week.

Fuck. Forgot to tell what I thought. I hope that Gustav gets to pound dat boi pucci.

>21
>Denmark
>Based on a True Story: A Memoir by Norm Macdonald

It's very funny and also a little sad.

NC
The Republic

>19
>Czechia
>Zhuangzi
It's great. I never touched eastern philosophy before and prototaoism and taoanarchism seems like the way to go.

Age of innocence

>
>>Kafka on the shore
>Pretty nice and surreal

>he actually enjoys H. Murakami

>29
>NYC
>The Nix. Really funny but still not sure why it got such rave reviews

>20
>Spain
>The Bacchae

>25
>Straya
>Inherent Vice
It is looking pretty swell.

Read any other Pynchon before?

>45
>Atlanta
>This is an Uprising

>20
>brazil
>ulysses

ejoying it a lot, had great laughs in the first chapters, was pretty excited and was expecting something totally different based on what I have read here. Although...I am 400 pages in and it is staaaarting to get a bit dry and I don't have all the reading-rush I got on the first 300 pages kek, maybe thats why I am here...thinking about starting Lolita for a more light, compreheensible read, should I do it?

>24
>Canada
>The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch

I think it might do injustice to read Lolita as a side read with Ulysses. Maybe something simple like some comfy Natsume Soseki or Mark Twain would be a better choice. Umberto Eco has a nice collection of funny essays called how to travel with a salmon which I think would work well here as well.

>20
>Ireland
>The Dharma Bums

3/4 of the way through it, really enjoying it, very typical Kerouac.

>20
>Tennessee
>The Bell Jar

I'm a little over halfway through, and the story of very boring to me. However, I enjoy the prose and themes enough that it doesn't really bother me.

No I'm just reading mathematical proofs in logical order. Lel.

You don't need to know calculus in order to read Archie you dingbat.

>24
>Montreal
>Tristram Shandy
Very funny in some unexpected and interesting ways, in addition to the jokes about baptizing sperm.

>22
>India
Just finished American Psycho, absolutely loved it.
Starting Animal Farm next.

>22
>Spain
>Homage to Catalonia
I guess it's nice to see a foreigner's point of view on Spain's civil war, but Orwell complains about the most trivial stuff and acts like the most patronizing shit, which makes it quite infuriating to read. It reads like a rich boy's touristic memoirs in a serious war, but hey, not his country.

More like my cock is uprising.

>21
>AZ
>The Book of Disquiet

Probably going to finish today. I've really enjoyed it, but the last hundred pages have been taking me awhile. It's really fucking depressing though, so I think I'm gonna try reading something a little more cheerful after this, any recommendations?

Are we the same person

>24
>Ontario
>American Psycho

First Book. Even though iv watched the film, it didn't phase my enthusiasm for it. Going to start "Kill your Friends" by John Niven next.

Walker, LA

Americana - Don Delillo

it's great. kind of a funnier Mad Men feel in the beginning, now he's talking about his youth and it's pretty comfy.

Mentions that he wanted to be called "Kinch" like Stephen Dedalus in Ulysses

Canadian here, had no idea we had pseudo-european looking cities. Fug I need to travel.

>25
>Missouri
>Death's End

The first one was a mystery. The second was awesome. The third has been exhaustive but I'm almost done and I'm glad I kept at it.

maybe a nice Jane Austen'll do ya

Rome
Madness and Civilization
puts things in perspective. Really interesting stuff. I also own Discipline and Punish. Can't wait to read that one too.

Second this. Northanger Abbey is pretty funny. Basically about a girl that spends too much time on Veeky Forums. Doesn't know what to expect from society.

Keep in mind this was Vonnegut's debut and clearly lacks much of the style and talent he's known for. I've read all his novels so I completely understand getting burned out, but you can really only go up from here (except maybe Slapstick or Hocus Pocus).