I'm out of garlic so i don't know what to cook with the two chicken breasts i have. I have onions, potatoes, spices...

I'm out of garlic so i don't know what to cook with the two chicken breasts i have. I have onions, potatoes, spices, rice, carrots and a bit of celery.
what can i cook?

Throw it all in a pot and make chicken soup

Then you have everything for soup. Yummy.

>breast meat
>for soup

white people

yeah i usually only cook dark meat, but i have these left over from a dish i made for friends. i use garlic in everything so i'm not confident just throwing something together

>cooking
>no garlic
fuck me I wasn't ready for this. do you have cereal?

nope.
and i know it's fucked

Do you have flour? Butter? If so, make chicken fricassée.
If not, make chicken pilaf.

Cut into thumb sized chunks and sautee with butter (or ghee) and rosmary + sage.

Serve over rice.

1 chicken is 5 meals for 1 person.
1. Balsamic honey chicken breast
2. Teriyaki or stir fry chicken breast
3. Roasted wing, leg and thigh
4. BBQ wing, leg and thigh
5. Save your bines from the previous meals and the left over carcass to use for chicken soup, stew, or chili

QUICK QUESTION HOW DO I COOK A CHICKEN THIGH IN THE OVEN
THEY ALWAYS COME OUT LIKE SHIT WHEN I PANFRY THEM

>welfare
>robbing stores
Niggers

You're a fucking moron if you use breast meat for soup instead of thigh meat.

Costs less, tastes better.

You can post on Veeky Forums but can't get out of bed and buy garlic that's only .50 cents for a clove

seriously though, i always have 2-3 heads of garlic in the house. and I generally have 1-2 heads of roasted garlic in the fridge I can pull out if needed.

Shit's dirt cheap and goes with most cuisines.

40 minutes at 400F, 60 minutes at 350F. Depends on how crispy you want the skin.

Maybe he lives in a city full oft vampires

>mfw every single one of these things would be improved with garlic

Just put some olive oil, onions, tomatoes, and green bell peppers in a pan and let them cook on medium for a few minutes. In the meantime, season your chicken with some salt and a bit of pepper. Throw the breast onto the pan and cook each side for about 5-6 minutes each. You can add higher temp now I guess. Both sides of the breast will be golden brown when done but still make sure to check the internal temp of the chicken. Enjoy! This meal would have been better with garlic though.

So you've got mirepoix, chicken, potatoes, rice and spices... I don't understand what your question is, or are you just retarded?

if you're not going to use garlic why even bother cooking. why would you eat something that doesn't have garlic in it

Cmon do a curry fool
Ghee, lemon juice, choice of spices, blitz and marinate chicken.
Dice carrots, celery and put colour on onion, chicken and those. Cover with cream, tomatoes, or spinach
Obvious tier spices; black peppercorns, cumin, turmeric, ginger, coriander
Bonus points for roasting yr spices whole before crushing.

press and sear the breasts with the skin on (use the cold pan method if you want that skin extra crisp with less fat)

roast the poatoes and carrots

caramelize the onions

>caramelizing onions AFTER cooking the chicken

I really hope you aren't this dumb.

I mean, he could be a vampire.

All joking aside, listen to If you're not retarded and keep well stocked on spices, you might even have some garlic powder laying around, which works in a pinch. Not as fresh or deep as the actual bulbs, but still better than nothing.

Butter up the plate and rub them with oil generoisly. The fat encapsulates the moisture and you don't have to care too much about how long their inside, they turn out great pretty much always.

>using butter AND oil

just butter is fine, it's already a fat.

Sure, but mixing spices in a sauce with oil and rubbing it in is always a success.

To be fair there is no reason why you would have to simmer the breasts for a long time. I would brown the breasts well on both sides, dice or slice them, then allow them to finish cooking in the broth, timing it right with the rest of the ingredients.

none of those are in any order, smartypants

you gotta start the veggies and onions before anything

Do what I did and make a stir fry!