Are there any books or novels that evoke the same mood as the "videogame" Dear Esther?

Are there any books or novels that evoke the same mood as the "videogame" Dear Esther?
Desolated European locations, very few characters, high linguistic register and cultured background without it being cervellotic, themes of loneliness and spleen, achetypical stories told by second-hand... everything drenched in an abundant dose of ambiguity.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AD9zHDgWha0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the unconsoled by kazuo ishiguro

Don Q?

Tell me what you felt reading it.
The descriptions I found didn't look very fitting with what I was looking for, especially for the location.

I can't find any description of it.

bump with what I mean

youtube.com/watch?v=AD9zHDgWha0

>cervellotic
did you honestly expect a single person to know what the fuck that means?

I'm sorry, English is not my first language.

It means "Smugly and intentionally complex".

read W.G. Sebold

Why did you think about him?
How did his writings make you feel?

Are you thinking of a book in particular?

He is a very good writer. Very strange. His books tend to not have a plot and are instead a weird mix of history and travel writings with many philosophical digressions. The Emigrants is probably his most accessible, but Rings of Saturn is my favourite.

Really hard to say. It is different genre. One thing that writing is bad at is describing locations. So finding something that's like a moody walking sim is hard, even if it has a backstory. You may like The Magic Mountain from Mann though. Maybe Lovecraft. Romantics. Sorrows of Young Werther could do as well.

Salad Fingers

Oh my god that was boring.

shitty coelho shit is right up your alley

that game was fucking pretentious shit

It's out of context. Of course it is.

That's why I'm looking for a novel.

don q is short for "The Ingenious Gentleman Don Quixote of La Mancha" or Don Quixote

Nonfiction:

Walden

Desert Solitare

A Sand County Almanac

Fiction:

Robinson Crusoe

That seems like a very thought out comment.

>Robinson Crusoe
Really?
Tell me about it, I never heard it presented this way.

Molloy is the right fit, especially since there's a bit of landscape wandering. Except it's not shit.

I like New Times Roman thin better.