Why don't more people go into science and maths? Why is liberal arts so useless?

Why don't more people go into science and maths? Why is liberal arts so useless?

People don't like being challenged.

>He's challenged by science or math
If you haven't solved all millenium problem by the age of 15 and just don't tell anybody because you rather live as an hermit and observe the crumbling civilization as if it was a merely a car accident and you were passing by, you are a brainlet

Because when I was in highschool I thought it was boring and I didn't care about anything. I decided to study tanslation instead. I don't regret it tho, because I moslty translate science related stuff now (From english to french)

It's not, dipshit. If you actually looked up the employment stats you'd know this, but you're too busy in the middle of reddit's stem circlejerk.

>Why don't more people go into science and maths?
>Why is liberal arts so useless?
Hmm... interesting.

There's nothing challenging about studying math or science. Everything you learn is already solved.

Well if everyone went into maths or sciences who would flip burgers?

Think about it this way:

The intelligent people who major in history or English are the ones who know that someone else can fill their role in science while they speculate the human condition and study on their own along side their interests while computer monkeys have to slog through work

Majoring in math, I feel as though I'd be happy to have majored in classics. Life is too short. Science isnt what makes the world go round kids.

holy shit I knew someone just like this! Did her thesis on some obscure 12th C poet.
"Waah where's ma jorb?"

There's nothing less sexy than a woman with an engineering degree, so w/e

Universities aren't there to prepare you for a job, so the only thing wrong with liberalbarts is lack of quality control, and the possible political bias.

not only universities and colleges are not in line with the industry, they also pump you with shitload of theoretical material you most likely never use.

uni is only good if you are planning to work in reasearch

>Majoring in math, I feel as though I'd be happy to have majored in classics

Should have double majored. STEM/Classical-Humanity double major is true patrician tier

Only if the humanity is philosophy, and even then, not if you're studying conty bullshit.

The applications of liberal arts are strictly less necessary for the world to function00. In a more comfortable and convenient world where no one really had to work full time and everyone had spending money the arts would see far more play.

A good degree should prepare you sufficiently for a wide range of occupations. I'd hire someone who graduated from a good school over a guy with some engineering degree from bumfuck nowhere, depending on the job and the people too of course. But generally because it's too hard lol

>Liberal arts
>Useless

Who is Peter Thiel?

What kind of shit school did you go to? Zorich routinely gives unsolved problems as homework. So does Troitsky and Uspensky.

There's so much science that needs to be done it's mind boggling.

science and engeneering fields are over-populated

Are they mandatory?

hows high school user

Yes. There are 2 people that had 100/100 in Zorich's class ever. He gave out 3 of those problems last year when i took his class. I might still find them and my attempts (2 weeks worth for each).

but science and maths are liberal arts

Teaching liberal arts is cheaper for the Uni than teaching anything that needs a lab. Capitalism is what will destroy colleges.

>Women are so useless they prefer garbage "sciences" like chemistry and biology
LMAO