Why does he make nu-males and women so sullen and insecure?

Why does he make nu-males and women so sullen and insecure?

You can't discuss him in modern literary circles without some feminoid working in a deeply resentful remark about his earnest pursuit of the masculine ideal.

I mostly just think he's an overrated writer. Why would I care about him wanting to be masculine? Reading books of quality means you have people who idealise masculinity. The only women who are bothered by that are ones who don't actually read anything good.

I wouldn't think any remark would be necessary. He was obsessed with the masculine ideal to cover for his deep insecure feelings about his own masculinity and the fact that his mother dressed him as a women until he was like 15 or so.

Case in point exactly. Even when you're acknowledging that your intimidation by Hemingway is irrelevant to his literary merit, you can't help but try your hand at shooting spitballs from the back of the class. Why does his masculine redefinition threaten you so much?

>I wouldn't think any remark would be necessary. He was obsessed with the masculine ideal to cover for his deep insecure feelings about his own masculinity and the fact that his mother dressed him as a women until he was like 15 or so.
This is extremely obvious in all of his books though. The Sun Also Rises is literally a guy with a limp dick helping his crush get drunk and fuck people. His books are never toxic masculinity. They're primarily about broken men.

>Even when you're acknowledging that your intimidation by Hemingway is irrelevant to his literary merit

I didn't really make any statement about his literary merit.

>Why does his masculine redefinition threaten you so much?

It doesn't, because everyone knows it's just a front and he was a deeply insecure guy.

I like his writing, btw faggot.

>Why does he make nu-males and women so sullen and insecure?
lol wat? lots of women love hemmingway. i've even seen him cited for tender handling of rape trauma. stop with the over compensating, OP, everyone knows he's a repressed homo, just like kerouac, who is another female fave.
enjoy hanging out with the ladies.

I remember I read A Farewell to Arms in a lit class, where I was the only guy with like 30 women.

All the women hated the female character, but because they felt like she didn't deserve the guy, whom they all thought was dreamy as hell.

I'm like wait....he's a drunk, insecure, overreacting weirdo, and they just said he was a romantic type.

>Women, the thread.

yeah i don't know why kerouac was in love with cassidy either. a lot of the female reaction to leaving the wife/gf is the same for on the road too: he should get both women, maybe more, and one for jack, and they should both stop harshing his and jack's buzz.

twilight is pretty much only surprising in that it was written by a woman in that context.

He never really got to that masculinity tho. He practiced boxing but was terrible at it. He went on hunting but was severly outclassed by his actual hunter friends. Writing was his only solace from a life of PRETENDING to be a macho man and failling miserably. Until he killed himself in the most unmanly way possible (inb4 shooting yourself is for men. It isn't. It's the pussy way out).

But it could be worse. Mishima was so macho that he became an absolute faggot.

Farewell To Arms > The Sun Also Rises > Old Man and the Sea > For Whom The Bell Tolls

After his short stories and A Movable Feast is there anything else worth going out of my way for?

I dunno, blowing your head off with a double barrel shotgun seems pretty manly to me.

>inb4 shooting yourself is for men. It isn't. It's the pussy way out
Yes real men kill themselves by strapping a chainsaw to a stool and sitting on it, if you dont do this u aint real man

Much like Bukowski, Hemingway tends to come off as an insecure braggart himself

Real men swallow scorpions until they pass out and die.

The only manly way to go is to wait for death to come to you, not seek it. Looking death is for the weak and for faggots. The only manly suicide is on the battlefield, which he had the chance to do as well but didn't. It haunted him the rest of his life, and you can tell by the stories he wrote.

>he's a drunk, insecure, overreacting weirdo, and they just said he was a romantic type.
wtf why can't i get chicks then ??

>The only manly way to go is to wait for death to come to you, not seek it. Looking death is for the weak and for faggots. The only manly suicide is on the battlefield

are your calves as tight as hemmingways?

Yeah, if Hemingway had been born in this century he would be very fedora-ish

n-no

because you don't try?

You're the fedora.

-not the person who posted the tipper

Although I love hemingway personally, and think that he's pretty good this is accurate.

Liberal women you'll meet in a university might reactively hate him just because he's considered sexist. They can't disconnect a person's politics/ideology from their writing.

It's common knowledge that the only acceptable way for men to kill themselves is to raise a group of vicious sharks from birth and then throw themselves at the mercy of their rows of sharp teeth

so all his hobbies and interests were classically masculine. whats the problem? a woman has an interest in cooking and thats fine. why is classic masculine interests a threat of some sort? this social aligning is a fascism in itself

*sniff*

pretty sure most dumb asses would throw him into the alt right