How do I convince my brainlet family memebers that the "the cure for cancer" doesn't exist?

How do I convince my brainlet family memebers that the "the cure for cancer" doesn't exist?

get cancer and die from it

-1/12

that should give that incurable cancer,or talk about infinity in plebian terms that should do it.

explain it the way you learned it, brainlet

Appealing to semantics and being an insufferable asshole

There was this guy who once said that if you can't explain something in simple terms, you haven't fully understood it yet.

So my advice would be to reread the chapter in your biochemistry book and try again I guess

Explaining this to stoners is cancer

>"there's no cure due to the sheer amount of cancers and the term cancer being a sort of a catch all term. Add factors that contribute to cancer and you'll see why I say this."
>" b-big pharma is hiding the cure!!"

Zzz

You don't. They won't get it.
>biG pHaRmA iS suPrEsSiNg DuH CurRrREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Pisses me off to no end for the simple reason that it's nearly impossible to suppress science as good as that. A cure to humanity's most hated disease - and no one knows about it because a guy wants to sell chemo?
It's equivalent to a conspiracy theory and doesn't even make sense. For example, vaccines for various diseases exist. Why wouldn't bog phurma suppress them to sell treatments instead? It's almost like they really want to offer the best drugs possible.

>have people on social media that post this
>also the same people that push alternative medicine shite like salt therapies and unlocking your chakras

Wrong. They want to sell drugs good enough to make the biggest profit out of it.
The word best isn't even in the picture here. If the only drug is coincidentally also the best drug, so be it, but don't ever think that they're actively searching for the best one.
They're searching for the one that's better than their competitors, cheaper to produce than their competitors can and can rake in more profit (cost-profit margins maximized)
If they find a BEST drug that's just not economically feasible, they WILL NOT pursue it.

Do I not understand love?

Remind them there's no cure for the common cold. Or anything else.

Vaccines can be their own product as well, especially when selling vaccines for pathogens that are highly adaptable, such as the flu. How many diseases have been eradicated since smallpox? I get that there are genetic and reservoir hurdles for eradicating most diseases (that weren't a problem for smallpox), but come on, there's got to be other bacteria and viruses out there that have low mutation rates and only have human reservoirs!

>i have no imagination

Identify a set of gene changes which can identify a cancer cell with a

Saying there is a cure for cancer is like saying there is a cure for bacteria infections on wounds

>Identify a set of gene changes which can identify a cancer cell with a

Which cells will have those gene changes? How do you identify them? You're going to have the nanobot infiltrate into your genome to sample mutations? Are you going to let it sample your proteome? Isn't that going to affect the way the cell operates?
You can't just "identify" something. You don't inherently "know" where the cancer cells are, otherwise surgery would have a 100% efficiency (but cancer is never finished 100%).

Cancer cells also have a very heterogenous gene make-up. You classify a cancer as "liver cancer", for example, which certainly does have some typical characteristics describable to it, but there are subsets of cells which are in different stages of genome instability and have different parts of the genome that are fucked.
You don't just solve cancer with an umbrella solution, it's impossible.

Oh, gee. I wonder what kind of drugs could cure cancer that are, I don't know, out of patent?

Maybe it can't be patented like a plant.

Hmmmm.... The world will never know, :V)

Poison them.

there are people in the world that claim to cure their cancer, CURE, not treat with Yoga. there are also people who claim to do the same thing with Urine Therapy.

I've also read that tumors can not survive in an alkaline environment.

the worlds a strange place, and the endocrine system is even stranger.

Show them this.