Is it possible to read his schizophrenic ramblings as a sane person and actually learn anything...

Is it possible to read his schizophrenic ramblings as a sane person and actually learn anything, or is it a waste of time?

Even if Freud, Hegel, Marx, etc. where complete bullshit artists, their writings have retroactively become relevant and 'true' in a sense through their effects on history/culture.

Sorry sir, but could you explain this in mentally retarded terms?

'it's a meme ya dip'

Almost all social science is marxist, so yes.

>Calling Hegel bad
Oh come on, just because the Young Hegelians ruined his rep doesn't mean he was bad.
OP, Marx has no social merit, no philosophical merit and distinctly LTV has ZERO economic merit. Don't bother.
Go for his critiques of "Saint Max" for some giggles tho.

he was a fucking occultist

might as well read the ravings of a voodoo priest or a shi tflinging witch doctor

Social science is a waste of time

Hegel is /x/-tier, dude literally reads like a 19 year old kid on shrooms who thinks he discovered the true nature of the universe, but is actually just talking complete gibberish

If I wrote a book about how eating shit keeps you healthy and it changed the world, and then scientists disproved that eating shit keeps you healthy, it would still be worth talking about how and why the idea eating shit keeps you healthy changed the world

But then again so were many great scientists and the founding fathers of America.

no it wouldn't you cuck

>social """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""science""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

>his schizophrenic ramblings
Obvious bait is obvious. Are we really supposed to try and convince you of the merit of something you have dismissed with the most conventional of misdiagnoses?

Read the work - that which is self-evident in Marx and Engels (whose contribution and voice are underrated, btw) will stand out as such. But first, you will have to entertain the notion that there is value in understanding the presentation of history within the framework of power dynamics between groups of human beings, and all resultant struggles an example of the warring values of those class-based relationships.

Pros:
- Your perspective may become more detached from the embedded and socially acquired values of the power-elite of the culture in which you were brought up.
- You will have a more solid foundation for reading further social theory (Foucalt would be difficult to get without this foundation, for example).

Cons:
- Your perspective may become more detached from the embedded and socially acquired values of the power-elite of the culture in which you were brought up.
- You will be dismissed as "leftist scum" by people who think that sucking the collective dicks of the power elite they will somehow be bestowed with their wealth and power.

tl;dr:
>Is it possible to read his schizophrenic ramblings as a sane person and actually learn anything
Yes
>or is it a waste of time?
No

>that sucking
that *by* sucking

Marxism shaped much of the modern world. Marx described a specific form of 19th century capitalism. Marxism's advantage over competing revolutionary ideologies lies on its Messianic character, which blends christian eschatology with Hegel and 19th century positivist aspirations. The Russian revolution was probably one of the defining events of the 20th century. Even today it's hard to understand Eastern Europe or China without referring to Marxism. Much of Modern American politics originated as a response to Marxism and the Soviet threat. Rothbard and his 'libertarian' backers explicitly set out to create a Marxism of the right, while /pol/ is still full of John Birch talking points to this very day. Identity Politics is maoism for middle class protestant students.

only people who.would say this about marx are marxists that hope they dont get outed.

kys.

This. And only people who say dont read him are those who want you to be ignorant.

Good post. Op here, i like this analogy.

Im not baiting, but i completely hate the idea of communism. I have to go hslp a friend with his car. This is a slow moving board, so I will try to give a more detailed response ina couple hours or so. Not ignoring you. Its times like these im glad this board is slow. Ill be checking back periodica.ly as well. No, I'm not trolling.

Fair enough. I'm not an ideological prescriptivist, so saying that you hate the idea of anything seems pretty rational. Marx framed communism in two extremes, actually: "naive" communism, where humans coexist in a pre-capitalist state of hunter-gatherer society without private ownership, and "pure" communism, which is an ideal condition whereby all needs are provided by technological means and private ownership becomes redundant, as there is no need to compete for resources. What you probably think of as communism, then, is likely not that which Marx and Engels proposed, but some ersatz totalitarian regime that called *itself* communist.

What is essential Marx to read to understand the state of modern SJWism?

Yes there is alot of merit to Marx, ignore the histrionics of Trump supporting rightwing retards.

yes, marx is garbage but he's worth reading in order to better understand the many neuroses of the leftwing mind

Oh boy here we go

*tips fedora*

holy shit, kys

>says cuck
>dismisses memes
Just how unconscious are you?

Jej that image is perfect

It's relevant because it gives context to political, social and economic ideas expressed and acted upon after its publication