What are Veeky Forumss thoughts on polyphasic sleep? Is it psuedoscience or legitimate?

What are Veeky Forumss thoughts on polyphasic sleep? Is it psuedoscience or legitimate?

Other urls found in this thread:

polyphasicsociety.com/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pseudoscience.

sleep is not a well understood phenomenon. fucking with sleep to claim you are raising productivity is a weak claim

>Is it psuedoscience or legitimate?
if it's only in an infographic, and not in any journals, then it's pseudoscience

>fucking with sleep

sleep molestation

This. There is really no reputable academic literature adducing the effectiveness of a polyphasic sleep cycle over a traditional sleep cycle.
Just sleep 7-9 hours a day, limit alcohol consumption before initiating sleep. Get some polysomnography done at a sleep clinic if its that big of a problem.

polyphasicsociety.com/

Its this website that has me intrigued yet skeptical due to the amount it has been documented and people posting their personal experiences with it.

>the dominant work culture has such a raging hard-on for "productivity" that people literally fixate on "creative," unsubstantiated methods for sleeping less which carry essentially unknown risks
Remember boyo, if you can't get ahead in this world, you have only yourself to blame. Sleeping eight hours is a luxury you entitled brat lol you guys should be more like the boomers, who didn't have anything handed to them except for fifty years of parasitic legislation

The overwhelming majority of people who work day to day have adequate time to set aside for sleep for the most part. Frat boys on wall street who are convinced they'll make it big before their 30th birthday if they only manage to find a way to sleep three hours a night are a fringe element.

>you have only yourself to blame

For not doing every possible thing to make yourself more productive yeah. The concept of this sleeping method isnt to suffer sleep deprivation but to sleep just the same as if you had 8 hours by improving the quality of your sleep. All I'm asking is does it work since there are lots of accounts of it working for people.

t. entitled trust fund babby

You gain success by doing things most others cannot.

You do things most others cannot by achieving peak performance. A large volume of low performance accomplishes little and is not what you should be gravitating towards.

Ensuring your brain is fully cleansed of waste products is part of achieving peak performance.

Whenceforth a full 8 hours sleep is a necessity.

Lifting with 8 hours of sleep a day makes gains, lift in nap breaks throughout the day wont make you gains

I've read enough that it would definitely be worth doing if I could control other factors in my life. Being a wage slave, there's no way I could make it work.

It is somewhat dangerous. If you get into the habit of sleeping twenty minutes every three hours, then even going four hours without sleep would make you crash hard. The benefit of sleeping all at once is not having to do it throughout the day, obviously

On the subject, I'm wide awake 3 hours after I go to sleep and up every hour after that. Help

Implying millenials haven't inherited all the boomers problems and toxic legislation?
Boomers need to stop expecting us to take care you all because you think you deserve retirement and we don't.

Siesta Sleep Cycle > other bullshit

>four hours a day to eat

>boomers
>parasitic legislation
>millennials
>toxic legislation
>retirement

Must suck angry dicks being a wagecuck.

Most farmer's don't drive to McDonald's. They cook their own food from their own farms. That's harvest/butcher, prep, cook, eat, clean up, rest.

>automatically thinks that entire time is for stuffing your face

Murrica

>eating doesn't mean eating

gotta go fat

>A fucking 2 hour nap and 8 hour sleep

Fixed (twice)

Proof?

Veeky Forums memes should stay in Veeky Forums

Oh so now we're going full obsessed yuropoor

>literally my daily routine while working at Krogers when I was 25

How to get the best sleep
>8 hours (For boys, most of your test is made during the last parts of sleep, so getting a good 7-8 hours is good)
>Dont eat supper/food after dinner time (Basically be hungry for breakfast, going to bed a little hungry is good)
>Have a good big breakfast (This helps "set" a time for when you body wants to wake up)
>Wake up at the same time every day (Very important)
>When you go to bed is not important

And of course, not staring into a monitor after a certain time, and instead turn down the lights and read a book.
But the light things is a bit of a meme, having a food cycle is far more efficient.

If you do this, your body will just wake up without an alarm, at a certain time at night, you will feel REALLY sleepy, and sleep instantly. (Based on my experience).

Extra tip for changing your schedule, don't eat 16 hours before you want to wake up, force yourself up the time you want to wake up (even if we are talking 1, 2 hours of sleep).
You will have a new schedule in 3 days.

I don't recommend taking naps. Unless you can manage to take short naps 15-30m.

What they make in my experience isn't even passable as tea
>oversteeped Lipton teabags with 20 packets of sugar and half a gallon of milk for every 6oz "tea"

That sounds exactly like my mother's tea recipe (American.) Iced Tea is the worst though.

I prefer,

2 bags black tea
2 cups water
1/2 cup peppermint leaves

Bring to boil, steep until leaves and bags fall to the bottom, add honey. It is strong and super minty.

[math]sauce^{sauce}[\math]

I'm a very successful bourgeois, thank you very much. I'm more "productive" than you even when I stay home all week drinking

Exactly my point. Robbing your parents and your kids to get it easier than anyone's ever had it, then bitching about "entitlement" of others, truly is at the level of parody.
Boomers are little more than brutally efficient rent-seekers

My sides imploded, this is literally my schedule on my work days, 12 hour shift at a snack food factory.

No. Anything beyond 2 sleeps a day (some countries actually do this and there is evidence most of humanity did it for a while).

Why would a little nap in which you don't even go through any phases of sleeping, you're just briefly unconscious; be better than a deep and healthy rest, in which you cycle through all phases and naturally awake?

boomers had far easier lives and completely fucked the world