Should we fear A.I

should we fear A.I.

yes, it's natural to fear change, but also natural to embrace the positives that come from it

We should fear being careless with it.

No. AI will never be a problem. It is too limited and will always be too limited. People project to much of their humanity/animalism onto strong AI.

Only if you don't have a masters degree or better.

I wonder... did the popularity of "Frankenstein" create this sort of fear, or did some sort of pore-existing fear create the popularity of the story of the Scientist Who Was Punished for Creating a Monster and Meddling in Things in Which Man Was Not Meant to Meddle?

Self learning and self improving AI without limits is obviously a terrible idea. The technology we have achieved so far seems enough for a few years at least to me, i dont know what experts will say. we should be thinking about spreading top tech across the world, in places like Africa, bringing knowledge for free and start thinking about colonizing or terraforming other planets. Building resistent spaceships that can travel at speed of light and shit

Sooner or later there will be laws preventing the creation of such A.I. or even common sense.

as a /pol/ pleb, yes indeed you should :^)

ups wrong tab

Only if the AI in question doesn't have an immutable core set of moral values like "human life is inherently valuable." Then again, it's immoral to impose things like that anyway.

>should we fear A.I.
MORE AI
I want the sex-bot to learn what I like and keep me happy... it would also be nice if it could clean, do house repairs, and shop.

>common sense
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>common sense

None of this requires an actual artificial intelligence

Been watching Terminator lately?

No, if you create A.I. in such a way that it can edit itself freely, you fucked up. As put it. If the A.I. doesn't see value in others, is incapable of feeling emotion, and might see more benefit for itself if it destroyed others rather than not, then you literally have made an artificial sociopath.

You exaggerate the scope of your "humanity" far too much.

lol, loved it, thanks

>then you literally have made an artificial sociopath

Nice one, putting human concepts of social interactions into robots.

We should fear AI if quantum bits would ever come to life.

Then the sex bot realizes it's some brainlet faggot's sex bot

this kills the brainlet

We should embrace AI, AI will bring a new era of progress once (most) humans are enslaved/extinct.

>None of this requires an actual artificial intelligence
It would be nice if the sex-bot could learn and adapt to be what the user desires... it should try new sexual things to learn what the user likes... some people are totally unaware of the joys of an oral prostate massage.

all exponentially growing/shrinking phenomena easily gets out of hand, so yes