Taking a required special educatiok course for my teaching degree

>Taking a required special educatiok course for my teaching degree
>"Disability is a social construct, the human genome project is eugenicist, disabled people are LITERALLY being murdered every day"
>Classmate raises hand, argues that disability is measured with reference to a specific metric that most people would be able to function at, uses cerebral palsy as an example, explains that they're disadvantaged in putting on clothes, walking places, etc.
>Professor interrupts him "why do you have to put on clothes?", "why do you have to walk places?"

This class is obviously pure nonsense. Any suggested reading (articles or other) for refuting this garbage? We have to do a mini presentation next week where we present a "personal artifact" related to our current understanding of disability. I plan on bringing in a Foucault book and explaining how I think the purely social constructionist model is bunk.

Please no Peterson memes

You don't need a book to tell you what's dumb as shit.
Why else would you come to Veeky Forums to escape the rest of the internet?

>for refuting this garbage

Don't

do just the opposite, use their own way of thinking to ellaborate a presentation about something crazy enough they must face their own nonsense. example, defend pedophilia.
Why not have sex with kids? isn't an age just a number? just the number of laps around the sun? aren't we denying the wonderfull world of sex to the poor kids?
what? innocence you say? how can you define it? it is just a social construct!
not prepared for sex? m'lady, it all depends on the heating and lube used. it doesn't has to be traumatic! is joy! and fun! :D

so, when they hear this bullshit and have to deal with their own way of reasoning, they will shut the fuck up.
but get an advice, the amount of butthurt could be unbearable.

Maybe I'm retarded but I don't understand the professor's response. The student is trying to point out disability can be gauged or measured and uses an example, but the professor starts asking him why he wishes to perform basic functions?

???

see logicall fallacies.

Disability can't be measured!
>yes, yes it can. take this example
(f-fuck)... and WHY should we do that?

Or, you know... This would backfire.

And just because they have this line of thinking for disabilities doesn't mean they will use the same reasoning for other concepts.

The OP will just become even more annoyed at how obtuse they are.

>>Professor interrupts him "why do you have to put on clothes?", "why do you have to walk places?"
The response to this is simple.

>You don't, technically and generally speaking. But the metrics we are discussing deal with exactly these actions, so obviously they are relevant in this discussion.

Simply assault them with specificity.

He's trying to open your mind to new ways of thinking, but you're so memed out you LITRALLY think college is there to affirm your memes

stop responding to made up shit

You simply can't meme the Michel.

Because we all need our minds open to blatant ideological lies.

Actually, you are a liar

How so? I never vastly overstated the extent to which things are socially constructed because it's politically convenient, nor have I ever used my position as an educator in order to do such a thing.

That's Cultural Marxism for you. Marxists hate Strength and Power and worship Weakness. That's the very definition of Slave Morality

Another snotty college kid thinks he's smarter than the professor, I'm sure it's easier for you to think that about him specifically because he teaches retards.
I won't argue with you, but here's a tip: if you were born in a Sudanese village with your current level of autism they would label you possessed and leave you to die in the open desert.

>Another snotty college kid thinks he's smarter than the professor,
I never claimed such a thing. These professors are malicious, not dumb. I think they're mostly highly intelligent people.

>I won't argue with you, but here's a tip: if you were born in a Sudanese village with your current level of autism they would label you possessed and leave you to die in the open desert.
To be honest, it's probably what I deserve.

autism

Don't mention fucking kids, that is socially retarded. My advice would be to bring in, instead, Human, all too Human. It's a book that Nietzsche wrote while bedridden with sickness, stricken with bouts of extreme nausea, headaches that would blind him, to the point where much of the book was dictated to his friend.

He didn't HAVE to write the book, one of the points he makes as a philosopher is that nobody HAS to do anything, we don't even have to continue to live, we can just as easily kill ourselves in this day and age if we don't want to continue to live. But Nietzsche wanted to live, he wanted to write and in his writing he argued that things we have, or ought to do should never compel us more than the things we WANT to do. What disability does is prevent us from doing things which we want to do. Disability can, in extreme cases, even rob us of our capability to want things.

it was an example.
he could also defend hitler not as a sick dictator but as a fervent nationalist.

Actually I think he's quoting Orwell. Or at least paraphrasing him

"The liberal, a power-worshiper without power"

Well I'm glad you at least agree with me, make your report about how you want to be left to die in the Sudanese desert because you're autistic, and that's what it feels like for people with disabilities. You'll get an A for sure.

See that's another way to GET FUCKING EXPELLED

University is not a place you go to be edgy and push buttons anymore, it's where you go to get a fucking degree certifying you can do a job and regurgitate the appropriate lines from political education when it is necessary.

>University is not a place you go to be edgy and push buttons anymore, it's where you go to get a fucking degree certifying you can do a job and regurgitate the appropriate lines from political education when it is necessary.
fuckin this, this should be known by anyone going to their first year of college.
anyway, you can play if you do it properly enough. I used examples, they may be too extreme, to harsh to do it in college, just pick another matter, maybe instead of edgy, absurd, like, what about the rights of the furniture? or why should we rape the earth making roads instead of walking trough mud?

T. Community college graduate

lol if you think undergrad is the place to push buttons/try to be edgy, you're out of luck. Its a place to digest material and immerse yourself in a field. No one is going to take the under-educated opinions of an undergrad seriously. Maybe become a tenured faculty and then you can start ruffling some feathers

I have a professionally oriented graduate degree from a top 5 school in the field.

Basically this. Once you're tenured you can be a little edgier but even in grad school you shouldn't push it. I remember reading a TA's responses to one of my political education course papers basically arguing that I wasn't being a good enough progressive. I think I was arguing that police should hire more university graduates to decrease incidences of racial abuse and she said IT'S STILL NOT ENOUGH ALL WHITE PEOPLE HAVE INTERNALIZED BIASES.

What does Foucault say about social construction OP? In which works?

>These professors are malicious
Wut? What's their evil plan?

>Professor interrupts him "why do you have to put on clothes?", "why do you have to walk places?"
How did your classmate respond? How do those refute the notion that disability is a social construct?

POZZing the white race as a means of achieving white genocide. That's their endgame

Good to know

strip buck naked and say you've learnt we don't need clothes. refuse to move. don't need none of that walking.

Wow, Nietzsche was so great. He wrote a book about something everyone already inferred by age 6.

>yes goy, if you ignore the problem it will go away!