Did he just use literature and metaphor in order to predict the future? Can I do this and predict my own future?

Did he just use literature and metaphor in order to predict the future? Can I do this and predict my own future?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixc9i1G7eew

>all these random ass connections in unrelated material
pseud as fuck

This.

This video made me lose all respect for Peterson. All of his lectures I had seen before this were well constructed, reasonable, and engaging assertions about meaning in the universe. This video was pure fucking garbage. Does he honestly believe Kermit was written as some symbol of transition between states because he intros the Muppet Show? Like wtf, this is the most embarassing pseudo intellectual unfalsifiable metaphysical nonsense Ive heard since I was in middle school and having "deep" conversations with my friends while stoned

t. undergraduates

Yes Im an undergrad. Whats your point?

>what is psychology and culture
They are exploring unconscious associations and cultural truths.

there is a force at work on this website
I'm no Kek worshipper, but there is definitely something to it, Kek actually fits the description of the antichrist

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

>Does he honestly believe Kermit was written as some symbol of transition

I watched this video a few days ago but as far as I remember this isn't at all what he said. If anything, the strongest thing he suggests is that the writers chose Kermit to do the intro because of their unconscious association of frogs with transition. Key word being unconscious

Go away Mr Jung

Just as soon as your latent homosexuality ceases vying within your supergo to manifest itself. We'll go together.

They are spot on on the endless proliferation of group identities, and the libs' relationship with the Big Other they wanted so much.

Now, they didn't mention the Jungian parallel of Kek and the fable. Kek of the Ogdoad is a cthonic deity that brings forth the sun. If the sea or Nile are on the horizon, the sun will appear to rise from the water. So there go your golden ball, water, and frog.

No, they're interpreting the present (read some delicious Jung) while hoping the story parallels also happen to include a happy ending of character development.

Which is exactly what Campbell's Hero with a Thousand Faces, which every writer ever copypastes, is all about, the Logos they refer to being the Revelation.

No.

>not buying all the books on the JBP reading list
>not donating $100 on patreon to get a 60 min one on one with the Doc himself
>not getting on my level

There's hope for you user but you better start digging

did he actually recommend Bill Cosby fatherhood lmao

tfw you realize Pepe is the plague of frogs of the 21st century

Bill Cosby got framed by the jews because he was a positive role model black men.

HAH. Please.

If anything KEK is being channeled as opposition to globalism, which is the real insidious force here. 7/10 spin, though. You are good at this.

>>not buying all the books on the JBP reading list

If you haven't already read all the books he cited (all entry-level trash btw) then you are a pleb and should kill yourself.

Not that guy, but I'm a practicing Christian and it's my duty to oppose paganism. Kek is not for me.

>starting Dostoevsky with Demons
Start with Crime and Punishment.

No, start with Notes from Underground then Crime and Punishment

>we'll divide the world into pockets of elites and drive barriers between groups of people trying to oppose them with nationalism
You lost me. My greentext is exactly how I see this going. Rather than removing barriers of cooperation among the "oppressed" it seems you're only really creating them. People with the money to travel everywhere and meet other people like themselves (the globalists in this case) will most likely be completely unaffected. If I'm wrong about something, please let me know - I'm always willing to listen.

you've got me spooked

seriously? this is like a years worth of reading. what if you wanna read something else after the first book?

The oppressed between nations will never cooperate fully, it's difficult enough to get one nation on board with changes, imagine how well a union of workers in one or two countries would do in the face of a global government. It would literally be easier to kill them all and replace them in a monolithic market.

What the fuck happened to Veeky Forums?

>this is like a years worth of reading

>Report submitted! This window will close in 3 seconds...

>Rather than removing barriers of cooperation among the "oppressed" it seems you're only really creating them.

This is exactly what you SHOULD be saying of identity politics. This has been a reaction to that very failing -- not the initiator.

>People with the money to travel everywhere and meet other people like themselves (the globalists in this case) will most likely be completely unaffected.

We would be far more effected comparatively if we simply laid down all our figurative arms and let their plans slide past completely unopposed.. Are you serious?

/pol/

This will be a year or more for me, free time tightened up when the twins were born, and so I have supplemented getting through the Gulag Archipelago with the audiobook edition. Might actually be closer to 2 years at the rate I'm currently going.

no he didn't, I did it to give you anons a tiny sensible chuckle

I got Crime and Punishment too, but the print quality of the edition I received was terrible- the font too tiny and was done in times new roman, there was no title on the spine, and the cover was all pixelated. If you order on amazon and try to return due to a quality issue, they seem to just say "keep the book and we'll refund you money" so that's what I did, with a nicer version to be ordered later.

This "meme magic" idea has something going for it. I mean, why the fuck is a university professor unironically discussing sadfrog in a serious manner? This is sad and hilarious, or maybe it's just 2deep4me?

>>not donating $100 on patreon to get a 60 min one on one with the Doc himself
There is no way this is real. Why are you slandering Peterson?

Has he told you to drink any suspicious liquids yet?

>why the fuck is a university professor unironically discussing sadfrog in a serious manner?

Those sweet sweet pageviews

>Patrons who provide $100 or more per month will receive a signed copy of my book, Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief (which retails at Amazon for $70). They will also receive two usernames and passwords for the SelfAuthoring Suite (value $59.98). Finally, they will receive a one-hour consultation or conversation with Dr. Peterson by Skype or Google Hangouts. Thank you for your support.

>why the fuck is a university professor unironically discussing sadfrog in a serious manner
If people told me a certain frog would be making the news on US national television in 2008, I would have laughed in their faces, too.

Cartoon frogs have become serious business.

What is truth?

but an intro is not a transition, it is a beginning.