I recently moved out of my parents house and have been eating nothing but fast food and frozen pizzas...

I recently moved out of my parents house and have been eating nothing but fast food and frozen pizzas. I am starting to feel like absolute shit.. how can a poorfag start eating healthy?

Bulk dry beans
Bulk rice
Cheapest canned tomatoes or tomato paste you can find
Potatoes
Some green vegetable like kale or spinach

Slow cook it all into a delicious mush

like a crock pot?

Beans, rice, peas, cheap eggs
I survived a month on $25 you can too

That's one way to do it, yeah; but don't do it. That recipe sounds gross.

Get the things that user suggested (cause they're all cheap and healthy). Frozen veggies are gonna be your new best friend: they're cheap, easy to cook (just nuke em), and retain a good deal of nutritional value vs. cost/shelf life. And for meat: it's gonna be cheap chicken (usually thigh or breast), and/or fish if it's available.

Here's a recipe i relied on a lot when a newpoorfag out in the world my first time
>cook 2 or 3 cups worth dry rice ahead of time (or whenever, but having cooked rice on hand will make your cooking a little less time consuming)
>preheat large pan with about Tbsp olive oil
>throw in cooked rice, frozen veggies on top
>stir em up a little while
>crack 2 to 3 eggs in the mix
>add salt, pepper, bit of paprika
>scramble till eggs just starting to brown
>serve plain or on baked chicken
>OR
>wrap in tortilla with salsa and cheese of choice
>OR
>leave out salt and paprika, instead add soy sauce

The options are pretty open with this sorta stir fry mix.

Crock Pot = slow cooker

Eat frozen veggies and seasonal cheap veggies for side dishes. They're cheap, healthy and easy as fuck to prepare. You literally just have to boil/braise them. Make chicken breasts/pork chops, those pair well with veggies. Also, get some food containers and cook in bulk, so you save yourself some time.

>poorfag
>Wasting money on fast food and frozen pizza

You aren't poor, just stupid.

Jambalaya or palou

Get a cast iron skillet. Make everything with it.

You can eat well on a fast food & processed shit budget. Buy yourself oats or eggs for breakfast. You can cook apple and sultanas and a tsp of honey with the oats or pan fry (sauté) some chopped up mushrooms and whole baby spinach leaves on low heat to eat with the eggs. Buy a loaf of decent uncut bread, sourdough or rye or something nice like that, some tomatoes, some cheese, maybe some prosciutto or english style ham and cut up celery sticks and carrot and theres your weeks lunches sorted. Buy your favourite nuts unsalted and some olives and a few serves of your favourite fruits, there's your daily snacking. For dinner buy fish a few nights, in Melbourne you can get a half kilo tray of sand whiting for just under $20 or you can go cheap and get flake for like $16/kg or mussels for $8/kg. It only takes 4-6 scallops or about 10 small prawns to feed yourself for a night.

You can dredge the fish in flour, S&P and pan fry in olive oil, or with prawns chop up some garlic, parsley and a little hot chilli and pan fry it with the prawns. Simple methods but tasty.

One night a week treat yourself with red meat like a mid-level steak, a couple of lamb chops or sausages or whatever, and one night a week if you want, treat yourself going out to dinner with friends but don't go crazy.

For vegetables most stuff can just be chopped up and steamed, boiled or sautéed (again pan frying at very low heat) just try to give yourself 2 or 3 cups of raw veg (it will be less once it's cooked so don't stress if it looks like too much)

Rest of the week eat lentil stew or beans or whatever the fuck cheap staple you want. Not including staples like nuts, oats and lentils your weekly budget shouldn't breach $50 - $60 per week which is fuck all. It can seem like a lot but you can easily spend this in 2 days living off fast food.

is no one gonna point out the fucking straw in the can

But how to avoid a craving for delicious frozen pizza once you start eating healthier?

what about it?

By not having the mind of a toddler

Just by a Totino's $1.29 frozen pizza once a month as a cheap treat. It won't break your budget or hurt your health at that frequency.

How will that satisfy the cravings, if I only get to eat it once a month?

No bully.

It's called delayed gratification, something people learn when they are still children.

practice self control

Eating healthy being expensive is nothing more than a meme user. Seriously, buy your groceries in bulk (like once or twice a month), and buy cheap yet healthy food (fish, chicken breast, brown rice, eggs, Sweet potatoes, veggies like Kale, etc.

All of that stuff is extremely healthy AND cheap. More importantly than all of that is.... Learn how to cook. If you're going to be eating healthier, you might as well learn how to cook so you can enjoy your meals as well as to impress some qt you'll inevitably meet down the road.

trader joes or aldi nearby? makes things easy

buy meals from the supermarket's cooked food section
it's more expensive than cooking yourself I guess, but it's a start

I can agree with you, but between shopping trips I'd run out of fresh veggies and would be left with just the frozen stuff. Onions and tomatoes went bad especially fast, really hated being without them.

I have no advice I'm just empathizing with OP as a poorfag so poor as to not own a car for little emergency "pick up" grocery trips.