Okay. I was checking this out

Okay. I was checking this out.
At 4:00
Don Pettit says, "So perhaps the giant leap for mankind was not the first step on the moon, but going from the surface of the Earth into Earth orbit"
He also said, we no longer can go to moon cause the tech is no longer here.
Yet NASA won't shut up about going to Mars
So, like what the hell is going on??
Earth to earths orbit..okay.
well, we did that before, right?
Shouldn't they have been like hell yes we can leave orbit, and make it to the moon, and after a few trips..NASA decides to destroyed the tech..Yet at the same time were gonna go Mars, and just won't shut up about Mars..
NASA really does deceive like a mother fucker. Hebrew translation was not playing.

Other urls found in this thread:

space.com/7015-40-years-moon-landing-hard.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>NASA decides to destroyed the tech..
It's not that the technology is destroyed, but the talent and experience isn't there anymore.

Allahu akbar my brother. Kill the jews

If we didn't stop going than we would still have that "talent and experience"
It would have gotten easier and easier, but they stop and lost it.
Also it's kinda like..than wth are they doing than while losing "the talent and experience"??

SpaceX has gone beyond the tech we had for the Moon missions.

See. I fucking told you.
Get NASAs cock out ur mouth.
Geez..painful process to bring it back
Yeah right.
What? Are they gonna cry or something?
Well, ladies..I'm pretty sure disclosure coming soon.
Moon landings were not real.
To continue trusting NASA..well there is no hope for you and good luck in life.

This is some seriously shitty phoneposting

This is what muskfaggots actually believe.

Not the point.
It's getting the message out there dumbass and ur worry that it doesn't look good for u. What a little bitch. Gtfo!

Did they land rockets in the 1970s? no they fucking didn't, now get out fucking faggot.

it's getting the message out that you're a fucking phoneposter

Are you mentally deficient?

What do you expect them to do. Strap a eagle lander to a big rocket like 60's?
Of course a 50+ year old design is seriously unfit for todays standard.

There hasn't been any political will for going back to the moon so there hasn't been money allocated for new designs either.
Doesn't mean a new design cannot be created if such money was allocated.

I seriously don't get what your point is.

They landed space shuttles. And Musks rockets will have some of the same problems that the space shuttles had; launch and reentry is simply too stressful for the metal, and will need to be disassembled and checked in details, in order to prevent crashes. This will eliminate any benefits of recycling.

You don't get it..

Yes, that's what I said.

>They landed space shuttles
Which is like 1/3rd of the actual rocket.

U can read this.

space.com/7015-40-years-moon-landing-hard.html

NASA talking about making new rockets and designs for moon.
No mention of political reasons.
So what u said was, Btfo

They should have kept it going.
Now we got this divided and conquer crap happening .
What the excuse are u going to pull out ur ass?

The tech has improved. We can't just make a Saturn V from blueprints because some of the parts used aren't made anymore because they're obsolete.

That's an old article about the constellation program, it failed because it was way underfunded.

No it isn't?
Look kid, there isn't any money to be made in space beyond Earth orbit yet (if ever). So you NEED government money.

They had a choice, go back to the moon or try the space shuttle.

There wasn't any reason to back to the moon, and American politicians and military wanted space planes.

As we all know today they made the wrong choice.

Sure there have always been plans to go back, none of them made is past the drawing board. Until recently.

NASA is working on the SLS, which is specifically designed to bring people beyond Earth orbit.

>We can't just make a Saturn V from blueprints because some of the parts used aren't made anymore because they're obsolete.
>We can't make this old rocket because we don't have enough parts for it and for some reason we can't make them again
hmm

>>we should copy the design of an old rocket all the way down to the vacuum tubes even though we have better technology.

>There are literally two Saturn V rockets, never used for Apollo 18 and 19, just sitting around doing nothing in museums

NASA sounding like quitters, losers, and babies. That.
Or.
We never went to moon.
U know..we have society today thinking we can go, or we r on there right now, I know some ppl think we have moon bases, and think it's time take them to mars.
With their ignorance and pride for NASA, they'll meme and say, shut up and take my money NASA but that can't be it.

They are probably talking about mass produced obsolete parts (maybe something like o-rings, fittings and such). It would be stupid and too expensive to make those parts on small scale. Another option would be to redesign problematic areas, but that doesn't have a lot of rationale. The only logical thing is to design modern rocket technology.

Designing a new rocket like that costs billions and fucking decades.
Also bureaucracy moves slow and a new president could mean a different direction for NASA.

nonsense, shuttle was a bad design period, way too complex and costly, no unmanned mode, heat shield prone to damage and no way abort launch at any stage

SpaceX rockets are more than order of magnitude cheaper and thats before benefits of reuse are taken into account

>This will eliminate any benefits of recycling.

benefits are already there, refurbishing a stage cost less than half of a new one and this number will go down in the future

>NASA sounding like quitters, losers, and babies.

They kinda are. Just look at the overpriced and severely delayed mess that is the SLS.

But at the same time it needs to be said that NASA budget is a mere fraction of what it was during Apollo. Big government bureaucracy can achieve great things when given limitless resources, but it really sucks when the money is tight.

Politicians need to quit stealing the money and that's our fault for not paying attention

landing a rocket wont be the same as going to the fucking moon

yeah agree

Manned one and even beyond the Earth.

Please be aware that not everyone in this board have English as their mother tongue
so it isn't everyone that can understand ebonics.