I want to write a story about an obsessive Bryonic otaku weirdo who is madly in love with a beautiful girl and is...

I want to write a story about an obsessive Bryonic otaku weirdo who is madly in love with a beautiful girl and is cringy to the point of being scary.

Intended genre: Realistic Horror.

Problem is, how do you make a cringy weirdo scary, and not hilarious and tragic?

Basically the "I have collected every pair of panties you ever threw away" and "I want to marry you and use you as a sex doll -blushes- but oh man that makes me feel so weird? But that's not weird, because you're perfect and smart and perfectly understand me" kind of guy you see stalking celebs on facebook.

Seeing as this is Veeky Forums, how would I write a realistic creepy fuck from the point of view from a Normie girl?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oxTZGabHgOw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsutomu_Miyazaki
documentcloud.org/documents/1173808-elliot-rodger-manifesto.html
youtube.com/watch?v=gThKOR5FGz4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you write it from the perspective of a normie girl it's just going to be YA

just make it utra kawaii desu

>writing about my own issues in a self-aware way constitutes good honest literature

I'm not skinny enough to be pursued by a cringy otaku weirdo.

is "bryonic" a typo for Byronic, or Embryonic?

who is this semen demon?

How heavy we talking, bae? I have low standards.

Why would you want to read a normie girl thinking a guys a creep? 'hilarious and tragic' is how it really is and how it should be written,

yo, this is Veeky Forums, not Veeky Forums, you don't get to score girls here, mr. spook.

Because Chads acting like cringelords being the source of horror are too common and unbelievable. Most of the time it ends up like "Fallen" and "Twilight" where its okay because he's hot. An ugly man doing what the Chads are in fiction actually adds a higher level of terror because THERE IS NO SILVER LINING.

Like, take for example if the protags of most harem anime were being chased around by unattractive fat girls instead of willowy porcelain skinned beauties. 350 pound Tsunderes with double chins are gross, and thats why they never appear in those works at all.

The Yandere would actually be a real horror thing, and not a fetishized wish fulfillment thing if the girl who was brandishing a blade against you was a fucking gonk.

Honest advice, I think it would work better from the point of view of the guy, sort of like American Psycho. The hard part would be not inadvertently creating the neckbeard manifesto, but I think it would make the story more compelling.

What you're describing is certainly not a Byronic hero. it may, however, be "Bryonic." I'm not sure what the criteria for that are.

youtube.com/watch?v=oxTZGabHgOw

Sorry, that was a typo, I meant to write "Embryonic".

So how would the best way to avoid the neck-beard manifesto be? make him self aware of his flaws, innocently delusional or completely delusional?

Loving
Each
Laugh

The same way American Psycho did it. Make him attractive and well off but still creepy and threatening as all hell. Make the motive either a mystery or absurd.

Check out Perfect Blue if you want to check out how stalkers are done narratively. An interesting thing about them is that once you start noticing them, they never go away. Tru to implement the idea of them being ever-present, making every time they contact in a truly narrative way insufferable to read.

Don't make it YA

You might want to read into this for research

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsutomu_Miyazaki

I don't generally like these types of stories, though. It's just punching down and portraying weak, ostracized people as monsters. Reminds me of Deliverance.

just make it eerie, like dude is crazy. or just shoot for the emotion desired and let it spill

So you want to write Welcome to the N.H.K?

>Seeing as this is Veeky Forums, how would I write a realistic creepy fuck from the point of view from a Normie girl?

>how do you make a cringy weirdo scary, and not hilarious and tragic?
Just keep the intentions of the guy vague and the reader suspenseful of possible stalking/kidnap/rape/murder etc. Have the girl start perceiving every shadow, stray noise in the night, etc. as the guy breaking in and making his move. Throughout the book she gets more and more paranoid and starts playing tricks on herself to the point where she's riddled with crippling anxiety and acts irrationally. If you do it right, you'll paint the woman as a mega-victim of patriarchal rape culture and you'll make bongobux with the tumblr crowd.

Except you won't win the Tumblr crowd (hopefully that isn't the target audience) unless it ends with some bloody revenge where the the girls Finds Herself or whatever and castrates the rapist.

I propose a plot twist. Have the girl get kidnapped and enslaved by the supposedly creepy fellow. He makes her dress up in cosplay. Fifteen years later, it is she who has become the weirdo.

OP is being advised to write it from the man's point of view. I think that has already been done a number of times in a number of ways. Try telling it from both their points of view, and maybe include differences in what they observe, so that the reader is unsure who is telling the true version of events. Or tell it from the girl's point of view. Maybe she initially believes the guy is a creeper, but he turns out not to be "the villain." Also, what's wrong with writing him as a tragic character?

The Monk?

>it is ok because his hot
Write a critique on this where, even though he is an "Otaku", he looks like a chad - and acts like a horrible man.

Bryonic is post-embryonic, or minutes before birth. characterized by a parasitic dependence on the mother.

Make the protagonist an anime girl. She's aware of the 3D otaku male's existence but they can never interact.

You don't know what Byronic means.

It's when you enhance your biological capability with electromechanical devices.

Bryonic is my favorite Alanis Morissette song.

Make it interesting by following moments of intense self-awareness with delusional grandeur.

documentcloud.org/documents/1173808-elliot-rodger-manifesto.html

youtube.com/watch?v=gThKOR5FGz4

Almost like a certain best-selling book series.... hmmm...

Weak, ostracized people ARE monsters if they are unattractive though. They have no redeeming qualities otherwise.

I'm going to read up on American Psycho then.

you already failed by having to ask, spooker. how do you think YA writing becomes shitty? like this post, pretending to have a group critique when you are asking to be spoonfed.

>Weak, ostracized people ARE monsters if they are unattractive though. They have no redeeming qualities otherwise.
>I'm not skinny enough to be pursued by a cringy otaku weirdo.
I'm glad you're aware of how less than pointless you are, user.