Is there a book that's not based on some retarded religious pablum or alt right alex jones conspiracy bullshit (crazy...

Is there a book that's not based on some retarded religious pablum or alt right alex jones conspiracy bullshit (crazy considering I'm asking Veeky Forums) that will help me through the feeling of just hating other human beings in general for the tribalism, the hatred between fellow human beings, the ignorance of what's really going on in the world coupled with the conviction of stupid beliefs that aren't even true, or can't be proven true? Also of feeling uninspired, and feeling it's 10 time harder for me to do things because I don't feel there's any meaning to anything at all?

I really despise the world we live in, fucking loathe it. The more I break it down in my head the more I hate it, the more I realize that it's disgusting beyond my imagination. Sometimes I feel myself slipping into complacency and I almost get this orwellian esq feeling of dread, because I feel I'm becoming numb to all the awful shit that defines the human experience.

If you could do me a favor, even if you think I'm trolling, then just pretend I'm not trolling because I'm not. You'll even win bonus points if you do.

Please send help, I've cut myself on ops edge and I'm bleeding out, I've called for an ambulance but I don't think I'll make it, consider these my last words, tell my family I love them

To my mom and dad, I'm sorry if I ever treated you badly, I'm grateful for everything you've done for me. I'm losing the strength to write now, I cut myself badly, just know that I love you all so much

My fingers are shaking, can't write much more

You know what sucks? I just smiled at your post but my lip was dry so my lip literally just split a little.

Edgar Allan Poe, pretty sure you will like him

>the feeling of just hating other human beings in general for the tribalism, the hatred between fellow human beings, the ignorance of what's really going on in the world coupled with the conviction of stupid beliefs that aren't even true, or can't be proven true

Well sounds like you should just stick to the amazing atheist, huffington post, sargon of akkad and buzzfeed

>i hate humans
>for the hatred between fellow human beings
In all honesty i think that a journal to organize your feelings would help much more. But St. Augustine's confessions has been a personal favorite.

lol I sargon of akkad is a shitlord. That fucker supported trump and hates "political correctness" with political correctness being code for not wanting to treat minorities with respect. I dunno what sort of contrarian bullshit planet he came from. He lost a debate against a feminist btw which was funny. Feminism is just egalitarianism, except specifically for women. I admit though sometimes it's funny how the amazing atheist simplistically "pwns" feminists in his videos by purposefully picking shitty arguments to debunk and then act like he's the smartest person in the world. It's hard work being a smug dickhead, I admit though I watched him for years since I was like 14 or 15. Huffington post snubbed bernie sanders so I stopped following them. Buzzfeed is garbage, don't insult my intelligence. My favorite talk show host is kyle kulinsky of secular talk radio. I follow a shit load of actually more centrist news sources, I tend to like the more serious an analytical side of news if I am going to be paying attention to politics.

Not only am I bleeding out from cutting myself on OPs edge, I now have contracted terminal brain cancer as well. Thanks

Or maybe you got a taste of healthy thinking, and it was revolting to you because you live in a steady diet of bullshit and my post is like kale to your brain?

just get a finance textbook and get rich.

>sargon of akkad is a shitlord
>Feminism is just egalitarianism, except specifically for women
>I watched him for years since I was like 14 or 15
>Huffington post snubbed bernie sanders so I stopped following them
>don't insult my intelligence
>secular talk radio
>centrist news sources
>analytical side of news

This is next level

I remember being 18

I like Tolstoy for this feel

Emil Cioran sounds about the thing

Which of his books?

Lol, like you even have to ask.

Jesus fuck, no, that's not 18 years old level my man. That's like 14 or something like that.

bump

French novels:

- Louis Ferdinand CĂ©line: 'Voyage to the end of the night'

- Albert Camus- ' the Stranger', 'The Myth of Sisyphus'

Illuminatus!

Unironically, Ulysses. Whoever meets with Bloom knows that there is some hope for humanity.

I suggest you just leave the house more.

OP, I know you specifically don't want religion, but check out Tolstoy. I'm sure you *could* find something secular in his writings, even though they are specifically about Christ, but he helped me when I was having similar sentiments about humanity. He gave me a positive outlook and a belief in something greater than myself that has lasted for almost 7 years since the last time I even read a sentence by the guy. His teachings have impacted the religious and secular alike. My favorite is the Kingdom of God is Within You, I'd also suggest The Gospel in Brief. War & Peace if you want something that's "literary" and not theology/ philosophy.

Socrates also helped me quite a bit; I paired the two back and fourth in my late teens/ early twenties, but I honestly can't remember alot of what I read by him. Apology/ all of his dialogues right before being put to death were very enlightening.

Nietzsche also with the questions you're asking and how helpless you feel, I'd stay away from him. He has a pretty positive outlook on life, being human, etc. but people who have no background or context in philosophy always garnish the most bizarre interpretations of his work. If you DO feel up to the task, I'd start with the Birth of Tragedy and read his major works chronologically, but without Plato and Aristotle at the very least, people read Nietzsche to only reaffirm what they want to/ already believe.

All those guys contributed to what I would consider a pretty healthy, hopeful, and happy worldview, even though they're pretty contradictory (Nietzsche the most different by far), but people who stick to one philosopher that they think is correct are no better than half-wit dogs.

lmfao

Jordan Peterson's New Years Letter to the World (look up on youtube). Talks about this exactly

Is this idiot serious? "That idea reaches it's apogy in christianity. The divine individual is masculine because the feminine is not individual. The divine feminine is instead is instead mother and child" "It is a hallmark of christian supposition redemption of both men and women comes through the masculine because the masculine is the individual" "The central realization expressed dramatically and symbolically is that the subordination of the group to the divine individual is the answer to the paradox of nihilism and totalitarianism." What a garbage show.

You know I heard about this Jordan Peterson guy but I never watched his stuff, but now I have a good reason not to. I just watched that video and it's a fucking pull for Christianity and sexist bullshit.

>You know I heard about this Jordan Peterson guy but I never watched his stuff, but now I have a good reason not to.
That's not a very good reason, though, considering this is literally his worst, most contrived video by far. It doesn't even touch upon the topics he normally discusses.

>sexist bullshit.
Then again, you sound like someone who might be triggered by the stuff he normally discusses as well.

go to greece and volunteer to help refugees

guaranteed to straighten your despondency out in no time

That'll just redpill him.

You should unironically kill yourself.

bump