What the fuck is wrong with Razumikhin? Does he have manic depression or some shit? Am I supposed to like him...

What the fuck is wrong with Razumikhin? Does he have manic depression or some shit? Am I supposed to like him? He honestly seems way crazier than Raskolnikov

Armenian?

forget it, that makes no sense, he's just a 'bro'

Also he's maybe in love with his sister a little, and really likes his family in general.
So he assumes this protector role.

How is he crazy? He's just a pure-hearted bro.

>Razumikhin
>Raskolnikov
Clearly making these names up on the spot.

>OH HI I JUST MET YOU DID YOU KNOW THAT LYING IS GREAT CAUSE IT LEADS TO THE TRUTH OMG YOU'RE SO PURE I LOVE YOU LET ME GET ON MY KNEES AND KISS YOUR HAND, LOL I HATE EVERYONE BUT NOT REALLY I LOVE THEM

Razumkhin is just a nice, well-adjusted guy, the total opposite of Raskolnikov.

Razumikhin is the exact opposite of Roskolnikov, he possessess all the good qualities the latter lacks, like true kindness and humility. Bow Svirligov is a clone of Roskolnikov.

I'm reading the McDuff translation rn: Is the book this damn boring for anyone else? Did I fuck up getting the most "accessible" translation? Or is the fact I'm coming off a few months of experimental lit biasing me towards boredom?

>What the fuck is wrong with Razumikhin? Does he have manic depression or some shit? Am I supposed to like him? He honestly seems way crazier than Raskolnikov
You literally got the wrongest impression possible on every account. Maybe reading isn't for you, user.

He's a hyperbolic "good guy". Also that cover of the book is shit

they are fictional characters not real people you must be retarded

Pee pee
Poo poo
You are
A Foo' Foo'

>Also that cover of the book is shit
Oh fuck off, have you even seen it in person? Have you seen the detail and embossing? Kys

Wait til about halfway through. Once events start picking up faster and the actual cat and mouse game starts it gets better. The detective is a really neat character once he starts mind fucking him.

Don't be butt blasted just because someone said something you didn't like about your mystery novel.

What is antithesis. The thread.

can anyone upload an epub/pdf of this edition of crime and punishment please?

i'm not the guy you quoted but yes that cover is shit. Raskolnikov is supposed to be attractive.

It looks like dr. Seuss' designer got the job to make the cover art through some mishap.
Maybe there's a new edition of a dr. Seuss book somewhere that the covert art designer for Dosto had to do. With some antropomorphic fox looking really austere and depressed, rhyming about his nervous rejection of the orthodox faith.

>the detail
Completely irrelevant
>embossing
Are you a fucking child?
The art is simply ugly and inappropriate on multiple levels. You don't have to be an art critic to see that.

I cringe so hard every time I see this cover art

did you buy it with your allowance or something? tippity kekoo

Same. I'm 20 pages in so far and I'm a little bored. I'm giving it to 100 pages.

Dostoevsky's books are all slow reads.

It's not even the worst cover

Svirligov is more like a figure of Raskolnikov's mindset and rationalizations carried out to its logical conclusion

the ending of this book really went over my head. the entire epilogue seemed random

The epilogue is what gives the whole book meaning. He repents his crime only after discarding his nihilism and surrendering to his love for a prostitute.

It can be assumed that he repented without the epilogue. In fact the epilogue is the most frequently criticized part of the novel. To say it is what gives the book meaning is a vast overstatement to anyone who was reading the book with themes and literary composition in mind.

How did the police know the woman was killed with an axe when she was only hit with the blunt end and not the blade?

this one makes you think though

The art on the back and inside flaps is actually really good.

Keep reading. It's the best murder story written in the past 130+ years.

>all the faggots hating on this cover
It captures the tone and atmosphere of the book perfectly