Is living off of MREs a viable choice if you don't have much time to cook?

Is living off of MREs a viable choice if you don't have much time to cook?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Meals-Ready-Genuine-Military-Surplus/dp/B005I5ML36/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1495575843&sr=8-3&keywords=mre's
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Let's get this out onto a tray.

No. MREs aren't designed to be nutrient rich, they're designed to be huge calorie intakes for soldiers.

Just get frozen food. MREs aren't even that cheap.

Neither are soylent, but people chug those anyway

Nice!

MRE's are expensive, relatively speaking, and they stop you up like no ones business. So if you want to stop shitting until you explode and if you want to spend more than necessary for okay'ish survival food, then yes it is a viable choice.

If you don't mind your bowel movements feeling like pushing out a football. Either type.

what do they do to MREs to do that

When is he going to upload new vids

No clue, I just remember the transition from MREs to real food was unpleasant and that first shit after you've been eating MREs for a while is downright exhausting if not painful.

IIRC they're designed to hold themselves in you for like 3 days or so, useful fir if you're on a mission or something.

Are MRE's even good?

Steve says ANYTHING is good, but sometimes it looks really bad

Some of them are, yeah. Some of them are just about as horrible as you'd imagine though.

I'm thoroughly convinced that the ancient food has killed Steve's taste buds

Yeah. He's calling everything 'gourmet' nowadays.

Are MREs from Amazon or whatever legit enough for me to understand what a real military ration is like? I'd like to try one once, and always feel like they're a smart thing to have around in limited supply just in case there was a big emergency, or my car broke down.

What do you mean legit? I'd think anything USMRE is as legit as it gets

>car breaks down
>somehow can't avoid shoving food in my face until the tow truck shows up
>pay a premium for shitty prepackaged "food" for enlisted grunts to stave off the hunger shakes

amazon.com/Meals-Ready-Genuine-Military-Surplus/dp/B005I5ML36/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1495575843&sr=8-3&keywords=mre's
The above looks legit enough

fuck no. they'll block you up and you'll tear yourself a new asshole trying to shit it all out. Not the mention you'll get fucking sick of them after a week or two tops.

I'd heard it's illegal to sell these rations, like if they were given to you by FEMA or something. So I assume the stuff on Amazon is supposed to be like a replica but not the real thing. Meaning it probably tastes better, or doesn't last as long, or whatever. I just wanna try out the real shit.

I carry some chips or other things like that wherever I go, along with a reasonable amount of water, because I live in the middle of the desert. I'm no doomsday prepper, but I appreciate the peace of mind knowing that if I were hours away from the nearest town/city and something REALLY bad happened, I'd have something in the car that I could eat, that also won't rupture in the heat that beats down on my car during times that I don't need it.

Forgot to mention - I also own a solar powered radio/charger/light with a crank on it, just in case. Doesn't mean I think I'm gonna spend days in the desert trying to survive nuclear fallout.