How will the future soldier be? Expose your theories, please

How will the future soldier be? Expose your theories, please

Invisible.

Robotic

The same as they are now and have been since warfare began.

>Expose your theories, please

Well established historical data.

This, but more high-tech.

Ballistic.

you should really set at least a vague date for your "future"

In 50 years

Not that much of a change, really.
Look back 50 years.
Biggest strides in the infantry equipment were made in material sciences, optoelectronics and radio communication technology.
Synthetic fabric uniforms, Kevlar helmets, ceramic ballistic plates, Velcro load bearing equipment, personal comms and specialized optics.

I personally think the next step will be to reduce the amount of shit a grunt has to drag with around, or at least alleviate his burden with exoskeleton technology.
I'm kinda sitting on a fence on fully enclosed body suits. We definitely aren't even close to make anything of the sort at the moment, and even given the time and technology maturing enough to allow for their manufacture, I can't tell if they will be a economically viable option for ground pounders, or just spec ops toys.
Other than that, I'm not really sure if there is gonna be any kind of revolution as far as infantry weapons are concerned, in this time frame.
Firearms work well enough and things like man portable lasers that can do the same are still just sci-fi.

We have that stuff already, the problem is the power supply. The fuel-based ones are noisy as fuck. The battery-based ones run out of power too quickly. That is the only thing holding back exosuits or any kind.

Same thing as today except more extreme.
More special and elite forces with a basic general force as a screening system. More technicians, contractors and combat engineers handling the increasing amount of complex remote equipment.
Even more powerful naval and aerial deterrence systems.

Just a bigger focus on small team sizes and a huge amount of remote support.

Bi-Laaaarious!

and countries with smaller budgets?will they remain pretty much as they are now,with only minor improvements?

I cant recall what completely new technology came up since Vietnam,just improvements,even big improvements,on already existing systems and weapon types.

How far in the future are we talking?

Dead

infinite years from now

Based ISIS. Doing god's work by eliminating one infidel after another.

But aren't they eliminating themselves too? Seems unsustainable if you ask me

World War 3 or whatever they decide to call it will be EMP bombs carpeting all of civilization. The war after that will be a lot like World War 1.

But by that time, cellphones and other electronic gadgets will only last a day. So when the EMP bombs hit it won't be a problem because we'll just use the electronics and cellphones for the next day.

An EMP would destroy all electronics. Phones sitting in their packaging would be fried. Same with the machines that produce those phones. All the computers that are used to design them would be gone. We would be reverted back to the days when we had to use vaccuum tubes and shit.

You just water a growPhone packet, wait the 15 minutes for it to grow and you're good to go.

>in the future we will have to suffer, "can I use urine in my growPhone to make it grow" threads in /g/
>on /b/ there will be dedicated semen growPhone posters

>>An EMP would destroy all electronics.
No it wouldn't. Small electronics like phones are particularly or disconnected computers are hard to destroy. In the future, we will be throwing out computers everyday

Pretty much exactly like they do now but with more much more disposable drone support. Each squad is likely to have a dedicated techie to provide eyes in the sky and possibly even aerial weapons platforms. I'm also almost certain drones will also be used as extremely cheap, extremely accurate man-portable cruise-missiles. Just strap a bunch of C4 to a $100 quadcopter and you're good to go.

Oh also augmented reality is very likely to become a thing in more advanced militaries. Essentially just giving each soldier a google glass set to highlight objectives, friendlies, and points of interest

Genetically modified supersoldiers

Already happening now

No it's not.

Yep, DARPA/Chinese govt are already working on the "metabolically dominant soldier" and have been, for the last decade or so. Expect the next one to reveal massive revolutions in both the public and military sectors

> An EMP would destroy all electronics.
Theoretically. The EMP effect is all hypothetical.

The movie effect is an extrapolation from a voltage drop noticed during a nuke test in near space above Hawaii in the 1980's.

Since above ground tests have been all but banned, nobody really knows the extent of the damage. It could be a permanent burnout, or it could just be a momentary brownout.

As they are now but continuously improved armour, lighter weight, then more significant technological additions. Eventually going onto exo suits and full-face helmets.

Thing about all this equipment is that they need to be able to shoulder, get a cheek weld on and aim their weapon. So the armour has to be fitted to this, and with a helmet it has to accommodate cheek welding or simple do away with the need to aim via the gun. Having a laser on the gun and aiming handled by a augmented-reality system displayed through the helmet. However this means that actually holding the gun in a traditional way becomes kind of inefficient, so maybe we'll see partially-mounted and partially-automated (aiming) guns attached to soldiers. These will quickly be highly-efficient things attached to an inefficient human platform. Human soldiers will be obsolete, they'd be a human layer as backup but that's it.

Prove it faggot. Working on does not mean already happening.
>> nobody knows what would happen
That's half true. We have EMP simulators. Heck whole airplanes have been EMP tested. One of the interesting findings is that car electronics are surprisingly resilient. The issue though is that not everything has been EMP tested and the articles tested might not reflect actual real world usage. IE average joe might have a bunch of empty beer cans and potato chip bags in their house

>hack IFF
>bomb all your squads and bases
>oops

The only reason why commercial (or at least publicly acknowledged) genome modification isn't around yet is because of muh ethics, something the US military and China in general dgaf about.

And I do mean it's literally muh ethics, as there already several extremely promising routes (PEPCK2, myostatin inhibition, whole bunch of other gene complexes) that are pretty much only limited by the fact that germline, embryonic and somatic are baaaad, maaaan according to the ethics committee. I've read several old DARPA files on projects involving this kind of manipulation to create soldier who barely need to sleep, lower caloric requirements, better metabolism etc.

It's happening

there wont be

itll be people with portable nano spy drones clouded around them, set to follow either a previously scripted or telepathically activated program and procedures

itll all be proxy fighting at that level

Kej

>very small drones that can be combined to do any task imaginable

That and the fact that we do not have a good way to modify the genomes of human embryos or do gene therapy. Second if we had a way to modify embryos that did work, we'd have to wait 18 years for results. During that time frame, embryo genetic engineering could be rendered obsolete.

You have provided no evidence that it's happening

Gay and nigger