Tfw everyone with an university degrees think they are smart as shit

> Tfw everyone with an university degrees think they are smart as shit
> Tfw actually fucking up the environment by mass polution, unneccessary waste
> create millions of shit jobs humans should not ever do (from railroad or factory worker to waste management, liquidator being the extreme)

Doesn't this at least make some of you feel uneasy? Why not just stick with rural life, both sustainable and not a burden for the next gen.

A few very vocal idiots does not justify your own mediocrity.

Where's the science?

I live in Tallahassee, worst college town in Florida. So many fucking shit fast food mexican restaurants and useless shit everywhere, and the campus is only growing.

OP is right, we need to live in smaller communities with diverse energy and food sources, with sustainable nuanced ecroaggriculture. Cities are not sustainable.

Why not instead of being edgy teenage angst, just not give a fuck? You can't change the world. Trust me. Do whatever makes you happy.

>You can't change the world. Trust me. Do whatever makes you happy.
This is edgy teenage angst. Being an adult means taking responsibility for yourself and having consideration for the world around you and its future.

Yeah whatever dude. You'll learn when you have a family to support and bills to pay.

depends on your point of view. You fail to adress that this means costantly trying to argue against supposedly misguided in countless topics. Why bother? I can also claim that being an adult means to know which battles are better left alone. I honestly don't see the point.

>he fell for the having children meme
Enjoy getting cucked by the system and losing your freedom.

>im better dan u cuz i luv earht

It's actually pretty cool. When your grown, you'll figure that out too. Don't rush things though. Enjoy the fantasy that you, yes you, will change the world and be an exception. Leading the rest of the peons to the light. :-)

I actually disagree with the term "being an adult", but I was just using it to contrast with "edgy teenage angst". It's really about being a defeatist who relinquishes their agency out of lack of concern for the future in exchange for indulging your personal comforts, a sign of immaturity, versus not blindly accepting overly simplified excuses that let you off the hook to do whatever you want and not have to worry about reality in terms of anything outside of your individual contentment.

>being this bluepilled

Ethical considerations need to be a part of science, because science does not happen in a bubble sheltered from the outer world.

You can change your behavior, which shapes the society around you.

Is there a way to nurture a human today without using chemical toxins and depleatable resources like coal, ores and the likes?

>I never did anything meaningful in my life
>yeah, I'll just delude myself into believing that nobody can do anything meaningful
>so Im worthless because everyone is, r-right?
>s-surely its not because I did bad decisions with life and fell for the wife-and-family meme propagated by The Jews Corp(TM), haha
>lol good luck kid, i never did anything of value with my life, that means that neither will you haha :^)

Well at least you have your friends at the local bar on friday night who have same lives and same thinking to fool you into believing your perspective is The True One :)

>Is there a way to nurture a human today without using chemical toxins and depleatable resources like coal, ores and the likes?
...Renewable resources?

>I am a disappointment to everyone, especially myself
The Post

>You can change your behavior, which shapes the society around you.
Sure, there is always the remote chance you will be the shining example that stands out from the rest.
[spoiler] don't bet on it [/spoiler]
t. Not naive at all

It's okay granpa, we know you're smarter just because you're older :)
No, we really do

This just makes me sad, you're selling yourself short user. People consciously change their behavior for the better all the time. You shouldn't project your own life's story on to everyone else just to feel like they're on your level. You should work on making changes in your life. It's not naive at all, it's something that happens all the time, it just comes easier for some people than others (myself certainly being one of the "others"). You're not as helpless as you tell yourself you are.

>and fell for the wife-and-family meme propagated by The Jews Corp(TM)

The fuck are you talking about? Literally the opposite meme is being propagated.

One thing that I know for sure is that you're not going to change the world.

But this is bound to the effectiveness of it, right? Would you consider it the right decision if you knew you would fail?
It is about the way you simplify.
Either assuming your decisions make a large enough difference through complex social dynamics you do not understand or
assuming everybody else is not self aware and just part of your self centered evironment.

>you will probably not find an answer
Both seem to me like bad justified choices.

see

What every fucking mass media is about? Love, sex and relationships.

Movies? Love, sex and relationships.
Music? Love, sex and relationships.
Books? Love, sex and relationships.

Yeah sure there are variations, focusing mostly on sex but it's still a way of making it burn into your brain and make you marry and have kids.

Fuck that shit.

It sure is nice to have your own opinions user

>Ethical considerations need to be a part of science, because science does not happen in a bubble sheltered from the outer world.
Scientists need to eat therefore food threads are Veeky Forums

Has it occurred to you that certain memes have stood throughout the entirety of recorded human history because maybe, just maybe, they are the actual key to a happy productive and satisfying life rather than some conspiracy by "The Man" to hold you down? If you haven't, consider it now.

>Why not just stick with rural life, both sustainable and not a burden for the next gen.

Because rural life is a pointless existence. Humanity as the only sapient form of life is destined to achieve great things, learn the secrets of the universe, rule the stars. Not fucking plant some shitty crops until the Sun kills us. How the fuck is that any better than going extinct due to pollution really.

By the way, Earth itself is unsustainable in the long term.

You should consider supporting muh sustainability without demanding humanity to climb back up the trees.

Please consider ending yourself, damn luddite.

Lol believe me when I say I know any kind of legislation or other attempts to change society from the top down is a quixotic effort. But making changes from the bottom up, i.e. developments in new technology and science, are undeniably the biggest factor in influencing society and economy. Are you going to say it's futile to try to develop technology or work towards advancing science and expanding its influence in society? Because people do that all the time, they're called engineers, scientists and teachers.

>have stood throughout the entirety of recorded human history
Except "love" and particularly monogamy are both extremely new concepts

Doesn't seem pretty reasonable to me.

Maybe it is to majority of people, because that's what everyone is doing. Monkey see, monkey do. Possibly will be to me, when I'm in my 40's, lost and confused.

But by itself? Naah. Having kids today is a little more than having a fucking expensive pet monkey.

If you dont want kids, then why do you even care about pollution and sustainability? The entire point is so that we leave this planet in a good shape for future generations (kids).

I can't take watching this thread anymore. Party on without me, dudes.

I agree that a primitivist "rural life" is regression, but that doesn't mean urban life is the only answer. We need to reduce the scope of individual communities, having smaller, diverse, sustainable municipalities that are all interconnected with technology. If it slows down scientific advancement and "achieving great things", then we'll have to deal with it and adapt, because there's no future for humanity if we keep building sprawling cities.

>marriage
>not just a feudal system to exchange surplus for propagation of your genes

...so that they can leave it in a better shape for their next generation, and so on. It's about the advancement of humanity, not just solely about the very next generation and nobody else.

urbanization is happening precisely because it is the more efficient way to live, it is one of the surest ways to get economic growth

the more people are there in close proximity, the better can they cooperate, specialize and achieve progress

you cant shoehorn modern society into a rural way of living at the same time, those are mutually incompatible goals

anyway, the main issue with sustainability is oil/fossil fuels, once that is solved it wont matter whether people live in sprawling cities or not, and conversely, if it is not solved, then modern society will be unsustainable even when forced to live in a rural way

No I agree, but it is something that is hard to plan.

>try to develop technology or work towards advancing science and expanding its influence in society
Most engineers I know are doing contractwork in automotive industry. It seems like people expect to have some larger influence on science/politics. These are a just a few "lucky" ones.

>"lucky" ones
i meant the ones that have large influence

one of the best ways an individual in developed world can help advance humanity is to have kids and make sure they are well educated and raised

because those will be the people who will be advancing humanity in the next generation

What do you propose we build? The Matrix? Must we put those people in a kind of artificial Stasis (videogames were a good first step since they actually induce a drug like effect on the body that can be swayed by what they feel thus increase or decrease consumption of resources at the beck of the admin)

They are just going to continue doing as they do all the time if we don't imagine an artificial Paradise....

>We need to reduce the scope of individual communities
No, no we fucking don't. Not at all.
Metropolises are the propellant of civilization. Rural towns are fucking useless now.

>advancement of humanity

How can you be too optimistic?
Existence is a fucking nightmare

Get out of your own head user, for your own sake.

*unilaterally and simultaneously stops growing your food out of pure spite, and in order to make a point *

I wish people did this with the paris accord. Want USA to meet climate goals. Stop consuming cows and cow products. Change your own diet before you blame trump and the coal people.

If you live in a first world rural area, your rural life is an engineered one. Look up how third world villages are like to know what life without science is like.

>Cities are not sustainable.
yes, stretching shitholes of suburbs or tiny communities are very sustainable...the only sustainable way for humans to live with such large population is extremely dense cities. Just because you don't like your life, doesn't mean cities are no sustainable. Everything except cities are not sustainable, in reality.

>*unilaterally and simultaneously stops growing your food
You actually think that agriculture depends on some straw chewing rednecks in bumfuck nowhere?
It's a fucking INDUSTRY now.