Ive been trying out not drinking coffee every day for 5-10 days at a time to see how I feel...

Ive been trying out not drinking coffee every day for 5-10 days at a time to see how I feel. Then drinking coffee every day 5-10 days then stopping again etc..

What Ive noticed is this - coffee is addictive as fuck, and impairs your thinking quite a bit. It also stresses you out and generally makes your well being worse overall.

Days 1-3 of not drinking coffee after drinking it daily for months on end. , shit mood, headache, lack of motivation, severe cravings for a cup to "feel better".

Then days 3-10 , much clearer thinking. Thinking feels "normal" and not rushed by ARTIFICIAL STIMULANT. more aware of certain feelings and naunces in every day life that largely go ignored when knee depth in HEAVY STIMULANT ADDICTION.
Sleep alot better. More productive, smarter etc.

Then - Going back to coffee after a few weeks SOBER. First time - incredibly good. mood through the roof, why did i ever quit , this feels so good, now i feel normal finally etc.. The next day wake up, dont need a coffee but want to have a better mood, so have another coffee. incrased mood slightly not as good as day before. Day 3, dont need coffee, but again want to feel better, so why not, again mood increase not as good as day before.

By day 5 theres a switch - thinking has become foggy, absolutely NEED the coffee in the morning to stop feeling shitty. Its not a choice of whether I want it or not, I NEED IT.

Continue drinking every day after this point - thinking gets foggier and foggier, production falls, overall feel stressed out overstimulated and tired but wired at the same time.

Conclusion - Coffee is literal POISON and just as bad for you as any other drug people try to shame addicts for using. Try quitting for 2-3 weeks, then drinking it again daily for a few weeks and you will see what im talking about.

Anyone else ever realize how bad coffee is?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39932366
scienceblogs.com/worldsfair/2009/05/01/lethal-doses-and-substance-abu/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Autism. Many such cases!

For me its really easy to go without coffee. I dont really like hot drinks, and coffee with a bit of almond milk is the only hot drink i enjoy. Get where im going? Its rarely cold where i live but when it is, its nice to get comfy with it

Why not just use it as a tool? Drink it on the days you need it and stay clear when you're not busy.

You should try tobacco. Nothing goes together like nicotine and caffeine.

I have experimented a lot with caffeine and the only difference I actually notice is I am more sleepy in the afternoon without caffeine.

I had a lot of problems quitting cigarettes but quitting coffee for a month wasn't difficult at all.

I've heard stories of people who have lots of problems quitting caffeine though, particularly headaches.

It seems to vary from person-to-person then as far as I can tell.

wow what a child.

Casually drink it, even at work. Sometimes one cup, sometimes I forget when I would normally like one, sometimes three on the dot.

Cigarettes are hard to quit.

I was busy writing a paper last year and drank literally 10+ cups a day for 2 months in the first semester. I had to write another in novemebr/december and drank 10+ again.
Then just get tired of it and returned to one cup in the morning

I was perfectly normal drinking 10+ cups a day and was perfectly normal drinking 1 cup after that. I don't feel like getting coffee somedays.
I drink for the taste and eventually to stay awake.

coffee saved my life. I drink 2 cups a day, every day.

just take breaks on the weekend. the only time i need the pick me up is waking up earlier than i want during the week. coffee will get less potent the more regularly you use it, its not the coffee making your thinking cloudy per se. any mind altering substance affects people differently. Try a good black tea instead, l-theanine and caffeine work synergistic ally together and wont jolt you like coffee does.

you just happen to be a pussy prone to getting addicted to everything. I drink coffee like once a week, mostly for the taste
If I have to keep myself stimulated I drink yerba mate, but I absolutely don't have the urge to drink it all the time or feel like shit when I don't drink it

I think you switched the dot and the exclamation mark.

Congrats on figuring all of this out the hard way instead of reading a paragraph or two about caffeine?

I only have one cup a day. The caffeine doesn't do much for me, so I mostly make it because it's enjoyable. I literally do not notice when I don't have it.

Sounds like you're using it as a drug rather than enjoying it.

Where do you live that it's called a dot?

The Netherlands, what's it called in ameria then?

every sunday morning here, feels great

It's a full stop or period pretty much everywhere.

>tfw severely addicted to both

every language other than english just calls it a dot

>every language other than english
None of which matter

mandarin would like a word with you, having nearly three times as many native speakers as english

>calling a period a full stop

No one calls it a "full stop." You're not composing a symphony, you're writing a sentence, numbnuts.

And they all just shit wherever they feel like it like the Pajeets.

Animals

>like Pajeets
Americans are bad for it too.

Britbong here. Can confirm we all call it a full stop. Period to us is what a woman experiences on a monthly cycle.

>implying the DPRC is America

>SF
>American
Try again

i tried skipping my daily coffee today after thinking i was too stressed out all the time, plus reading this thread last night. Today I have a raging headache but i wasnt tired really any more than usual. Just took 4 Tylenol and drank a grip of water.
holy shit this sucks senpai

No wonder Manchester got bombed out of the map. Enjoy the rest of your toothless life.

US > UK

Yes. I never drink coffee anymore.

>yerba
Do you drink it using the steel pipe or as a normal tea in a mug?

Fuck you for using that attack (mostly children) just to try and boost your pathetic self-esteem. Dumb sonofabitch.

a period is simply an interval of time
now for christ's sake, go brush your teeth

You must have an addictive personality user.
I regularly unknowingly stop drinking coffee for a week at a time.

Dumb? We have guns, you don't because you're all eurocucks.

Who's dumb now?

Yeah, op is just weak willed. I can start or stop drinking coffee anytime and not realize it

bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39932366
plus it can fucking kill you, he was a kid but I'd have the occasional monster in high school and this gave me shudders

Your results are totally invalid. You would need someone else to brew the coffee, and substitute decaff as needed to get a true, accurate result. You already had your mind made up about the end effects, and you only reinforced your faulty reasoning with more faulty "research."

Water can kill you, better not drink that either, it's dangerous and should be banned
t.Britcuck

>LE ANYTHING CAN KILL YOU MAY MAY XD
as cliche as "my tattoos will look like shit when I'm old but at least I'll be cooler than you XD"

steel pipe. pretty handy, considering you should do at least 10 infusions to get the most out of the herb, a bit like in gong fu

retards kill themselves with everything all the time and banning or putting restrictions on everything won't stop them
just let normal people enjoy things, let retards die retarded deaths and move on

It would take a 75 kg person 118 cups at 240 ml each of coffee to have a 50/50 chance of death.

This is actually impossible for a normal human to reach:
scienceblogs.com/worldsfair/2009/05/01/lethal-doses-and-substance-abu/

the water in the coffee would kill you first.

bitch.

Nothing like Gong Fu, you fucking retard.

no, heart problems would kill you first twat, like it did that kid, you're not even taking the effect of caffeine into account

that fat child that chugged large amounts of caffeine in a very short period of time? Sounds like he got what was coming to him. You know why he made the news? Because it's that rare someone dies from ingesting caffeine.

how are multiple infusions with a large amount of tea not like gong fu, you fucking retard?
perhaps you're just so braindead you didn't register the "a bit like" part and decided to violently sperg out because it's not exactly like gong fu?

>Drink coffee every few days, roughly 50/50
>don't feel bad when not having it
>feel good when having it

wa la

I drink coffee every single day at work and never on the weekends. When I'm on vacation I never drink coffee. When I get more than 8 hours of sleep, I never drink coffee. I am not addicted. sounds likewas right on the money