ITT: shittiest, overrated, stupid cuisines

ITT: shittiest, overrated, stupid cuisines.

Other urls found in this thread:

deliaonline.com/recipes/international/european/british
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I mean, people are allowed to have opinions I guess.

Quality thread.

>shittiest
no
>overrated
definetely

its probably because its so easy to make and yet so fucking good and satisfying so its easy to literally everyone on earth to eat it
it also uses mainly pretty basic products that basically everyone on earth has access to

I completely agree. Italian cuisine is heavily reliant upon the ingredients. Carpaccio is one of the best examples of this : it's literally just meat with olive oil and parmesan, but it can be fucking divine.

OP, go to Italy once in a while. Rome is nice, but I'd recommend going to Piedmont and trying Carne Cruda, stuff like that.

Definitely Japanese.

Everything is based off either unabashed blandness masked as 'subtlety', which any other cuisine is mocked for, or one note fermented flavours.

But of course thanks to weebs Japanese cuisine is held up as some artifact of higher culture

protip : OP is a globalist faggot that want to convince people "there's no such thing as Italian culture".

Italy is full of lazy gits, all the really good italian food is found outside of italy.

no it isn't.

again? you leaf must like spamming those

Italian cuisine is great IMO but it's really more than only pasta and pizza

>unabashed blandness masked as 'subtlety'

dumbass

Isn't this picture just pure racism?

Why can't Westerners be interested in Japanese culture? Oh because they're just filthy "gaijin" right?

Literally racist as fuck

>all the really good italian food is found outside of italy
wat

O B E S E

great italian food is pic related
you take a newboarn goat and let it suck milk from his mom, then kill it and take out the stomach with milk still on it, then put to ferment until it becomes cheese
picky eaters not allowed in 10km radius of this

Damn, is this real italiafags? I'll bet it tastes godtier. What's it called in Italian?

Italy is definitely a good candidate for shitty overrated cuisine
it's basically pasta+cheese+tomato(which is from the new world and means that Italy didn't even have a fucking cuisine before that) in hundred different forms and they all taste the same
it's fucking trash

French is pretty overrated
Jap is overrated and shit

japanese and mexican

metal as fuck

I would also give casu marzu a chance

kek
American food is consistently rated the lowest by people on the internet
literally does not qualify as "overrated" since ratings are relative

what about maggot cheese

Italians are to lazy to prepare food properly, if you wan't really good Italian food you need to go to France. Hell the most famous chef that makes Italian food is a britbong.

it's "callu de crabettu" sardinian stuff
this one is 10x stronger, said by people who ate both

A country's "culture" is a detriment to mankind's advance. Culture is a source of contention, and wars have been fought over it. It should be respected, and remembered soberly, both good and bad times in history. But the aliens are coming friends. This will be the most important event in human history. Nothing else will cause people to put aside their differences, and put our lot in together. People will be evaluated and put to work determined on their ability. Those who refuse will be outcast. Human survival is dependent upon it.

I've been through Italy many times. While it's pretty easy to find a mediocre meal in a Roman tourist trap across most of the country the restaurants, home cooking and markets are all pretty superb. As are the regional products the locals tend to crow about. Same is pretty much true for France, Spain and even Greece.

If I had to pick an overrated cuisine I'd say Moroccan. And don't get me wrong - Moroccan is fucking delicious. But it seems to have picked up more hype than it really deserves simply because it's popular with the French.

italians have their downsides and all, but that's just bull jizz

generally, american bbq aka let's pave the meat with soot

As someone who lived in Texas for four years, american food don't have much of a identity, all the meat taste like nothing and everything else has the taste of bread with too much flour and weak cheese.

All the things they brag about comes from mexico or from a barbecue packaging. Their barbecues have very little diversity and is almost impossible to find quality meat

You can't find quality meat in Texas? Isn't it full of cows? You haven't consulted a butcher or rancher?

OBESESSED.

>american food don't have much of a identity
America doesn't have much of an identity.

>blandness
No, it's just not loaded with HFCS and artificial flavourings.
Also, the magic word is 'unami', which translates to 'savoury fishy/meaty taste'. Watch a few documentaries on japanese food and you'll figure out why they're so fucking obsessed with fish and rice and noodles.

>A country's "culture" is a detriment to mankind's advance.
Interesting premise, than mankind is somehow advancing. Sounds like Enlightenment era wishful thinking to me. The idea of progress is alluring, but it strikes me as a fallacy. How is our advancement from tribalism to consumerism some sort of advance? The same shit still happens. Look at The US, a country founded on Enlightenment principles. We still have racism and inequity, and have spent the greater part of the last hundred years at war. Currently we're involved in how many wars? And how wide is the gap between the rich and poor? I don't see anything that really looks like advancement happening over the last couple centuries. Technology and wealth have given us some comfort and a bunch of cool toys, but that's about it.

You must have lived in Mexico friend.
Quality meat is abundant here, and the BBQs are diverse since we have many different types.

Mexican is underrated. Most european cuisines are overrated

I see what you're saying. Advances in medicine and materials shouldn't be an understatement though. Our ability to live long, comfortable lives has never been easier. It's exciting to see where it will go. I don't see anything changing as far as racism, and class distinction happening unless it's something on par with an alien invasion, super plague, or whatnot. Really, I think it would have to be the whole "alien threat from outside this world" to get it done. Our current power structures have been in place for too long. People like to have more than others. It'd need to be something like aliens to keep people honest and reevaluate what we're doing. We won't get it done on our own. We have communication with nearly everyone at the moment, and it's that much easier to get on the same page. I think of ww2, everybody supports the cause as the best case, which is sad.

>muh advance
>muh freedom to mc donalds and watch youtube whie tyrone and muhamad fuck my sister

literally the ultimate goy.

You can be interested in Jap culture without being a weeaboo.
Blindly worshipping every aspect of Japan and their culture as superior to American, role-playing as some sort of Japanese stereotype, and being an anime fag makes you a weaboo.

Dude you could have a Phd in Japanese History and I'll still call you a weeb faggot lmao

Agree. A nice pulled pork with some vinegary sauce (fuck "BBQ sauce") is great, but the meme of cooking slabs of meat until they're crumbling charred bricks is just stupid.
>oh that's where the flavor comes from
Said some 549 pound Askansan who had too much Natty Ice and forgot he's put some meat on the grill that morning

Israel is in contact with aliens.

>this triggers the weebs

Apparently this is breddy gud, it's a Roman delicacy I think. I'd be interested in trying.

>Our ability to live long, comfortable lives has never been easier.
True. And as result we're all depressed, with addiction and suicide at epic levels. Because there's no real struggle in our lives except on an existential level. But at the end of the day we're still just the same monkeys in the ancient Greek plays hoping for a deus ex machina ending to whatever kind of jam we get ourselves into.

Professional Italian food does kinda suck. I'm hoping it's always too sweet and bland.

Rustic Italian food is way better.

Not to mention the fact that an enormous medico-pharma-caretaker industry has evolved to bloodsuck the small amounts of money average workers have accumulated by maintaining them on a regimen of 30 pills a day and weekly visits to their "caring" medico, which if they skip results in forfeiture of medicare. And that's just for the ones not so addled by dementia that they have to pay $8000.00/month for the privelege of laying in urine soaked beds until their savings are drained and they end up being violated by Tyrone, the night janitor, in Medicaid institutions.

Come in Italy, we'll eat at my gradma's. You'll quickly change your mind

>It's exciting to see where it will go.
gotta love the deluded, unironic prayer in the middle of the preaching like a fucking christfag praising his lord every 3 sentence. Fucking despicable worms.

I don't think it's shitty but French cuisine is really overrated.

My user can't be this blue pilled

>All the things they brag about comes from mexico

Tex-mex came 90% from Texas you moron.

Seconding this, the only thing more diverse than the BBQ is the gumbo scene.

Try harder next time.

>America doesn't have much of an identity.

It's funny when yuropoors say since the culture they are currently living IS American culture that was exported during WW2. Your culture has been so thoroughly Americanized that you don't even realize what American culture is. Only the former USSR countries have managed to maintain their original culture, and even then just for a little while longer.

He said overrated not underrated. The fact that so many people get obese from eating American food just means people secretly like it.

ITT: a bunch of really shitty, totally ignorant opinions

stay classy, Veeky Forums.

WATCH IT, CHRISSY

ITT: People who have never been to Italy or only visited shitty tourist traps in Rome

Word to the wise: Remember planet Vegeta

Honestly, I can't think of a culture with objectively shitty food.

American stuff is only bad because of how our food industry operates. Imagine if HFCS wasn't shoved into nearly everything and less of our food was mass-produced. We'd probably have one of the best global food cultures. Just look at normally-shitty fast food restaurants of ours in other countries that are forced to use quality ingredients.

Don't worry, they're definitely coming for you to fuck you up some more, beast

sucking up small amounts of money from poor people is they way to get rich since ancient times

OBESESSED

>Imagine if HFCS wasn't shoved into nearly everything and less of our food was mass-produced. We'd probably have one of the best global food cultures.

I feel this way too.

I wish there was a way to get these hooks out of our hide.

We're kind of recovering with "mom&pop" and "hipster bullshit" popping up in most notable places, but it is still shit city for the average person's diet.

Brits make the best food.

The only reason shitskins don't think so is that they've burned their tastebuds with curries.
The only reason Muricans don't think so is because they've ruined their palette with sugar & corn.
Europeans are just bantering when they say it.

Lasanga, parmo, chicken tikka, fish & chips, yorkshire puddings etc. The list of great British cuisine goes on.

>palette

stop embarassing yourself

Italian food is easy to make. Get over yourself.

>not bothered by the purposefully terrible formatting
>just the spelling mistake

That's called an autism filter.

>pic not related
Modern Italian cooking is at least better than modern French cuisine, which is incredibly dogmatic and outdated.
>muh reliance on ingredients!
Thats the sign of good cuisine you dumbfucks. Cooking shouldn't be about obscuring and fudging the ingredients to the point where its not recognizable, or to where you get the same results if you use shit ingredients or good ones.

The reigning champions of world cuisine these days is probably Italian, Japanese, Singapore fusion, high end-American western fusuion, Taiwan traditional, German baking, and the remnants of whats left of good French cooking.

Oh and Indian if your focus is fresh spices, herbs, and vegetarian cooking.

>brits not listed

You have shit taste.
I bet you don't even like savoury.

>Implying I don't have a deluxe edition of Mrs. Beeton
I personally like British food a lot, but I can't objectively list it. Its no longer 1910, the best of British these days are classically French trained chef using French technique and flavors and re-inventing British classics.

You guys were hit probably harder than America by two world wars and your recovery is still lagging behind us. You have a handful of notable chefs due to your continental proximity but they don't represent the overall state of everyday eating habits of your nation.

Name better meals than lasanga, chicken tikka, parmo and a sunday roast.
I DARE YA

The sunday roast is the only thing that actually British, and you faggots don't even "roast" it anymore you fucking bake it. Go back to hanging all your meat and letting it mature and roasting over open flame with a drip pan full of yorkshire pudding batter and we can talk.

The only chef you have that isn't a meme that has a strong focus on reviving traditional British food and making it be as good as possible and demystifying it for regular home cooking is probably Delia Smith.
deliaonline.com/recipes/international/european/british

Ramsey has his dick right up France and America's moist cunt. And most of your other meme chefs are also not about British food.

Fergus Henderson is a good guy as well, but way too focused on nose-to-tail to be mainstream. The Fat Duck guy makes all his food into a meme despite their British origins so it also can't translate outside of his pricey as fuck tasting menu.

I'd like to add that Heston Blumenthal is insane.

Lasanga was invented in Britain.
The name even stems from the old English "loseyns", which is pronounced as "lasan".

Chicken tikka masala was invented in Britain and can't really be found abroad.

Parmo is also a quintessentially British dish and can only be found abroad in Australia/New Zealand.

Stop losing your mind about chefs, they aren't all there is to a country's cuisine.

>Stop losing your mind about chefs, they aren't all there is to a country's cuisine.
Exactly, and thats my point. You have a lot of good chefs but your general food standards are shit.

Also if you are going to claim basic bitch fusion food America and Japan has your asses beat bloody if the best you can bring to the table if Tikka and Parmo.

You guys have still pretty decent baking and desserts, I could have included you with Germany.

I bet you've never even tried a good tikka or parmo you peasant.
American food is quite literally the worst in the developed world.

ok now you are just shitposting.

>t. triggered american

To quote a man:
>americans ruin foreign food in the worst way
>british ruin foreign food in the best way

pls b b8

>not having a sasuke haircut and hidden leaf band
never going to make it.

>I dont understand
>oh it must be bait
Stop kidding yourself.