Up all night at work (big system upgrade). Boss brought bagels in...

Up all night at work (big system upgrade). Boss brought bagels in. They're just ShopRite but man do they taste good right now.

What foods have you had in situations like that?

>implying I have a job

Was up all night PKing on Runescape and mombitch brought in a big plate of tendies for me.

Cheap food like that tastes a lot better when someone else offers it to you as opposed to getting it yourself, really takes the "giving up on life" sourness out of it

Shop Rite!!!! [spoiler]NJ?[/spoiler]

my boss usually gets krispy kreme or panera when we have to come in on the weekend for system updates.

>ywn experience pking and eating a p'zone late at night for the first time ever again.

> Stupidly early start at work
> Fucking busy, no time to take my break
> Manager brings my department McDs breakfast

> Co-worker is three fucking hours late one day
> Go out with a friend later and order way too much chinese food
> Eat until I literally can't swallow anything else
> Dehydrate almost to user jerky overnight
> Stagger into work the next morning
> Deadbeat co-worker had been promised a McDs breakfast that morning
> It's given to me instead
> I eat it, struggle to keep it down for the next couple of hours
> Go home
> Reheat leftover chinese for lunch

pizza

Sandwiches on normal bread with cold cuts and cheese cut into 1/4s so there is enough for every one to have a few. Like ham/cheese and turkey/cheese and egg salad. So cheap and easy but so good at times like that when you're hungry and can't leave to go get something.

Occasionally my boss brings in McD breakfasts for guys on the early shift. And when I say occasionally I mean literally less than 5 times a year. Also we frequently get in pizza if we're working late cause you get it half price from Dominoes if it's delivered to a business address

>normal bread

What's that exactly

>Sat in phone shop retail store with 2 other co-workers on new years day
>we've sold a case and £10 top up in the space of 2 hours
>4 hours left
>Tell boss who's just sat out the back that I'm going to the shop, buy a bunch of snacks and buy a bunch of McDonalds
>Sit in the store using the display TV to run netflix with the 3 of us eating junk food for the next 4 hours

I got paid double time and an extra days holiday for it too.

Occasionally the boss will spring for a bunch of pizzas for the office, when we need to get important stuff done badly enough that we have food brought in instead of going for lunch. A couple times it was cheesesteaks instead, and if we have advance notice of someone leaving the department we'll get everyone together and book a night at the bar for a farewell party on the company tab.

>muh blog
No one gives a shit

>18 years old, just finished freshman year of college
>Hired by temp agency, first job I've ever had
I applied all the time, was never hired until then
>Eat breakfast at 7, get to work at 8
>Job takes place at a one-day Muslim-fest carnival
>Whatever, at least I'm making money finally
>Everyone gets assigned a spot, I wind up being a line-maintainer at one of the rides
>Middle of June, 90 degrees outside
>Have to wear long pants to appease the Muslims
>Noon comes around, hungry as fuck
>guy in charge shows up with a lunch menu
>Hamburger sure sounds good right about now
>Two hours pass, no sign of food
I did have water, by the way. Lots of it.
>Finally at 3pm, shows up
>Two plain, cheapo hamburgers, just bun and meat
>Wolf both of them down in record time

Seriously, they probably tasted like shit, but at the time they were the best fucking burgers I'd ever had.

Dude was actually super-nice. Literally gave someone the hat off his head as thanks after they ran out of Muslim-caps.

don't fucking do this to me, m8

There's around 40 people employed at my work and sometimes the boss organises a pizza day.
He gets about 30 pizzas delivered and fills up a cooler with coke.

Most of the time it's a trick though. He just wants to all stand there and listen to some business bullshit.
Last time it happened this guy that lost his son in a work place accident came in and told us to watch what we do and try not to crush someone with the machinery.

I stole food from my boss all the time at my old call center job.

I always assumed food left out was up for grabs, but I was sorely mistaken.

You get that on the company? Dang.

Best my department does is organise a meal somewhere for a birthday. Usually a pub carvery, but last time we all went for a curry.
Although 'department' is fairly loose, considering the guy who organises it always brings his girlfriend from another department, and her mother. And now one of the group's transferred elsewhere.

What an exceptionally boring and pointless story

We're grilling hotdogs at work tomorrow. Since we're the graveyard shift we have to grill them ourselves. They order us good a few times a year, usually just pizza. Every year we have a company potluck and also a picnic. I never go to the picnic because I'm [spoiler]black[/spoiler] and don't really fit in well with my coworkers in a non work atmosphere.

Tacos from the food truck outside my office.

What a thoughtful and contributive post that contributes positively to the board culture of Veeky Forums.
Truly, you are a shining example of the posters we want here.

Cunt.
Go back to /b/.

So you're saying you are working through the night and carb loading while tired? That'd put me to sleep

lol, stupid wage-cuck

>panera
>ever
lmaoing@urlyfern

Pizza, Monster, Red bull, coffee.

We also go take our meals at the local diner and get reimbursed via petty cash. your place seem like a bunch of cheap bastards.

I worked at this fancy gun club for a few years and during a big event they would bring in a second caterer for the grounds-keeping staff, It was just cheap greasy fried foods but I always looked forward to it even if it made me feel like shit out in the sun.

Yes it is trash but not my choice

I avoided olive garden my entire life until my boss decided to bring us there for a work lunch