I have roughly $45 to spend on a book, including a $25 Barnes and Noble gift card

I have roughly $45 to spend on a book, including a $25 Barnes and Noble gift card.

Recommend me some books or even graphic novels?
I have a BA in general history with a military emphasis and am a Gene Wolfe memer

I dunno man that's not a lot to give a good recommendation off of. But Haruki Murakami is pretty good with broad normie appeal. Just pick whichever one sounds the best but (in general) his older and longer works are better.

The Landmark Herodotus

I have read Norwegian Wood, looking for something more like Wolfe I guess

The Iliad
The Odyssey
Mythology
Hackett Plato (pirate this)

That should be enough to start with the greeks, OP.

I've been looking at that but I just bought the 12 caesars and in defence of the republic

I have read those user

Read them again, and do it properly this time.

Omega Men: The End Is Here

War And Peace, plenty of military history

You bitches shouldn't be enabling his comfort zone.

OP, get Strange Tales from a Chinese Studio, then read Don Quixote (Grossman).

I have this also, I've just been a plebeian and not read it

Actually heard pretty good things about this. I'll consider it, I'm not huge into capeshit though

I have at least two copies of the Iliad and the Odyssey, how many times am I supposed to read them in a decade?

Read them until you understand them, because you clearly don't. Like you say, you're a pleb. You think your pleb degree has any relevance, and of all the writers you choose to focus on, you choose Wolfe.

Adios America

You should probably fuck off

I just finished BoTNS, so that's the most relevant thing I've read at the moment

In what way does that make it relevant? I just finished taking a shit, myself.

Look, if you come to Veeky Forums asking for pleb shit, you're gonna get called out on being a pleb. just get over it.

>In what way does that make it relevant?
Because it was the last book I read? Did you misunderstand what I meant?

>if you come to /lit asking for pleb shit

>recommend me some books
>or even graphic novels
I'll give you graphic novels, although that was more of a shot in the dark to see if anyone suggested anything interesting that I haven't seen or heard of before.

>Gene Wolfe meming
If anything this is more autistic than plebeian

>Gen His BA
Plan on going to Grad school, but I'm a poorfag

>anime picture
>majored in history
>graphic novels
>gene wolfe
>self proclaimed memer

holy fuck my man. . . go die

Did you misunderstand my shit metaphor? I thought that, at least, would stick. You read it last: so what?

Wolfe isn't autistic, user, he's plebeian. Plebeian to base your entire recommendations over. Same re: degree.

I don't need to know your life story.

>posting anime pictures
>on an anime image board

>Wolfe isn't autistic, user, he's plebeian
I said that Wolfe meming was autistic, not that Wolfe's work is autistic

jesus christ dude

...nah, I'm with him user. There's not much saving that can be done here.

>Veeky Forums is still what it was 100 years ago
alright. I wish

It has always been an anime image board and it has always been severely autistic

Thank you for preserving our proud traditions. You are a hero to your people.

Okay, sorry user, I didn't mean to read a non-lit approved author. I'll go back to reading the Greeks and Russians.

good boy

I suggest the Iliad.

I was kidding. I've read the Iliad a lot already. It has been less than a year since I read it last and I'm not going to read it again for a bit.

It is a morally sound act to steal books from Barns and Noble.

A True Novel by Minae Mizumura

Oxford Annotated Bible W/ Apocrypha

Go support your local bookstore, instead, friend.

You fags are so off base -wolfe is the most patrician contemporary writer there is. Plebe my ass you useless ninnies. Go back to your limp wristed jane austen and leave wolfe to real men. Simple shits wouldn't know greatness if it dick slapped you in the face.

The year is 1346 and King Edward III is restless. Despite earlier victories his army has still not achieved a major breakthrough and the French crown remains intact. Determined to bring France under English rule and the French army to its knees he has regrouped and planned a new route of attack. And on the beaches of Normandy his men now mass, ready to march through France to victory. But the French are nowhere to be seen. Edward knows that the worst thing he could do would be to take the battle to the French, where they will have the advantage and so he sets up camp near a small hill at Crecy and waits. The Battle of Crecy will be a decisive turning point in the Hundred Years' War. This is the story of that battle and the men who won it.

Feilds of glory by michael jecks

Get some
P R I M E
R
I
M
E

Library of America hardcover collections