4 year old that read 1000 books named librarian for the day at library of congress

How does it feel that a 4 year old is better read than you? You will never be recognized for your literary skill.

thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/314128-4-year-old-who-has-read-1000-books-named-librarian-for-the-day

Other urls found in this thread:

nymag.com/thecut/2017/01/this-4-year-old-has-read-more-books-than-you.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I doubt she has read any actual literature. Maybe a dumbed down version of classics like Don Quixote but this is bait.

This post screams jealousy. Go back to /pol/.

>nigger read 1000 books
yeah sure

Half of them were read to her. The other half consisted of 10 page 50 font books.

>1000 books
Don't they mean 600 books?

I think this is a touching gesture by the library of congress and I hope it encourages her to continue reading.

>4 years old
>already obese
>1000 versions of "spot takes a bath"

wow round of applause

i read another article on her and it said she had read certain college level texts, but didn't mention what they were.

because she hasn't read any

They assign Dr. Seuss to these infantilized Millennials nowadays so "college-level texts" means little.

reddit-tier tbqvh famalam

nymag.com/thecut/2017/01/this-4-year-old-has-read-more-books-than-you.html this article is clearly aimed at Veeky Forums, as evidenced by the first paragraph. the video displays her reading a speech, however does not show her reckoning of it.

>“She just kept saying how the Library of Congress is her most favorite, favorite, favorite library in the whole wide world,” Daliyah’s mother, Haleema Arana, told the Washington Post.
How plebian. Obviously the right answer is Alexandria. Was... :^(

kek it shows her reading an easy speech aimed at plebs and apparently this makes her a child prodigy.

She is 4

Anyone else notice that she's a double minority?

Black and... a child?

what

referring to the american constitushun

Black and thick?

reading is great, learning to dictate is wonderful, but comprehension is what is typically considered the most important aspect of reading. i would be more impressed, say, if a child of four had read and comprehended catch-22. that would be a child of genius. not trying to throw shade on this little girl. i hope she is used as an example on how to get children to read, by reading to them as children. I would hope they started her with the greeks, but we can't hope for such a classical education. if only, maybe this canvas could be bedecked with a mind capable of overwhelming our conceptions of literature. until then, i will clap gently and hope to hear about her at seven years of age, having read the works of homer, plato, and risotto in the original.

Is this a pasta now?

ok? There's a lot of four years old's who can read. It doesn't make you a genius.

i would be honored.

we wuz literate?

black and nigger?

fuck off stormshits
you will never get the accolades she's earned

"Earned"
>gibs me dat

You really think a child that has read 1000 books is looking for gibs? What does that tell you about the literary lifestyle?

That's her mother in the background.

Are those who believe this autistic? I'm genuinely asking this. Do you all really think this is possible? Lmao

theres nothing fantastic about kids reading 1000 childish books

i would be more impressed at a 4 year old that read ulysses

was she tested for comprehension?

It would probably take a kid about a week to burn through 1000 R.L. Stine choose-your-own-adventures.

that's the real question, and the only one of importance. conveniently unanswered.

that would be a good tv event, I want to see her being given a test, failing, and crying, and the tv guys are awkward about it cause they assumed she would pass and they don't know what to do

or the revelation of her utter genius. either way it would be pleasant. fact is that society has grown so moronic that it cannot even determine genius properly.

I would fucking hate that, I only want her destruction

why?

I don't know. I might be an evil person, or at least misanthropic

might just be envy, i felt envious at first, then i realized that none of these accolades would matter, that i aspire to something else in my life, something less clear than public adoration. i'm happy enough for the girl, reading is the greatest gift to receive, and the love of it more so. i sneer, don't be deceived, but i sneer knowing the irony of it all.

I do know why you would like to see the natural flow of things, she's a dumb fucking nigger

I'd be proud as fuck if that 4 year old was my daughter. As for me, I've read something like 55-65 novels or so. I'm ok with this. Still reading, currently working on two though also still working on my own novels. I am also still gaming which, though I greatly enjoy it, it IS eating up time that SHOULD go towards reading, writing, and editing, but... IT'S SO MUCH FUN! Also movies, I love getting drunk and watching movies. You know what though? You can get ideas from anywhere. You never know when a movie, an episode of a TV show that I've downloaded on my computer, or a part of a videogame will give me the inspiration for my next project.

If I read 10 novels a year for the next 60 years, I still wouldn't have read as much as this girl has supposedly read at just 4 years old, but I'm fine with that. It's obviously hard to believe, but hey, kids these days are capable of some crazy shit. My 5 year old niece probably knows more about iPads than I do. Last time I owned an Apple product was, if I recall correctly, probably around 2010-11 or so when I had an iPod Touch.

oh you rosy-cheek'd fabulist, how quaint and dear you are!

even if it was a white kid, I think I would still feel the same, actually

Get that nigger some chicken and koolaid

Not nearly as impressive as the click bait title would have you believe.
Still nice that parents are making an attempt to get their kids Veeky Forums

Well hey, I've published two novels already. There's a Hell of a lot of people out there who would love to publish one but never got around to it. Some even in their 40s now who've wanted to but never have. I've already done it in my 20s. Yeah it's the shitty self-publishing kind, but hey, I even sold a few, not all of which were via shills, so I'm quite proud of myself. The number of books I read is not influential on my sense of self-worth.

Blacks reading books
fake news if i ever saw it

oh my dear sir, so adorable!

kek.

Did you copypaste this from Reddit?

how people even would know if its trve???

And for that, random dudes should rape her little anus just for pretending to be smarter than others.
What a slut!

>that would be a good tv event, I want to see her being given a test, failing, and crying, and the tv guys are awkward about it cause they assumed she would pass and they don't know what to do
Sounds like when Hillary lost the election.

Oh shit, a subtle 3/5ths joke. And people say Veeky Forums is dead

go back to redit you annoying faggot

Is this how people on this board achieve 150+ books a year?

For some sure, others are neets, others authors or professors, like Chomsky who browses Veeky Forums.

at least I'm not a nigger

The fact is reading and comprehension are two different things. Furthermore, let's say she is more "read" than most people. She's still a fucking kid who doesn't know shit about life. She's never woken up at 4:00am and sat in bed wondering how she's going to pay the bills. She's never been in love to the point that it makes her feel (going to movie quote here) totally vulnerable. I bet she hasn't even been fucked. To her, these and anything else she could possibly read about, are just abstract concepts. And for that reason I would push her fatass in the mud and take her lunch money if I ever saw her around my library.

Didn't figure I'd see Alefantis outside of pizzagate threads

I was also shocked to discover that other four year olds browse Veeky Forums.

My library has this. I read my kids chapter books so I cant pad the stats. Its bullshit.

>Daliyah read her first book on her own at 2 years, 11 months old. Since then, she has read more than 1,000 books through the 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program
>the 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program

Later on that day:

>The concept is simple, the rewards are priceless. Read a book (any book) to your newborn, infant, and/or toddler
She doesn't actually read.
>The goal is to have read 1,000 books (yes you can repeat books) before your precious one starts kindergarten
>Does it sound hard? Not really if you think about it. If you read just 1 book a night, you will have read about 365 books in a year
I have a feeling we aren't talking about “War and Peace” or “Journey to the End of the Night”. Still a good idea, I'm glad this girl got such a nice reward. I'm sure she will read for her entire life, now.

>I'm sure she will read for her entire life, now.
It's a nice thought, but I kind of doubt it.

this wouldn't even be a story if she was fucking white

What's her bully score?

Why? It's quite an experience to read, or get read 1,000 books. I take it she was spared from videogames/TV/computer/smartphone. Reading is deeply ingrained in children's mind when done properly.

Four year olds do a lot of shit that have no real bearing on what they'll do later in life. This girl hasn't really developed any lasting interests yet and just because her parents have read her 1000 books (with repeats) doesn't mean she'll be reading later in life.

But maybe I'm just cynical. I wish her the best of luck.

I'm pretty sure it does. The parents paved the way to healthy habits and she surely can concentrate better that the others, now. Reading is an excellent training to focus his attention for an extended period of time on something, and that's exactly what is required to read. That's why she will have no struggle going straight through her assignment whereas the boy next to her who spent his early youth playing videogames will have to read a sentence several times every two or three paragraphs to fix his attention back.

They must have been cookbooks because that girl is a porker.
Find a book on fitness, lunchbox

>woman is fat
>she is a porker
>man is fat
>le literary aristocract life

Why doesn't it even say what books she has read?
Reading 1000 children's books is not really impressive, just a test of endurance.

How come so-called child geniuses we see in the news are invariably not white?

Because white people being geniuses is not a surprise to anyone

Yes, that makes perfect sense to me.
Women place their own value in their sexual worth as perceived men. Men assign themselves value and can easily overcome something as superficial as being fat.

When will this end…

Knowledge of the western canon >> your shitty library's reading program aimed at improving literacy among plebeians

muh minority narrative

>fat at 4
No thanks.

>I might be an evil person
>:3 rawr~

>It's good to be fat

Stop being mean, fat ugly black bitches need all the help they can get in life.

That 4 year old is literally better than nearly everyone
Why should we feel any more threatened/insulted/depressed/whatever by this than anyone else?

no, specifically what I was thinking of was this news story, of a woman who was 103 years old and wanted to see hillary win before she died. It was originally a happy story, then they went back to her again after the loss, and they were acting like it was a tragedy, and she seemed very depressed, and I thought it was fucking hillaryous

>having 1000 books read to you (including repeats) makes you better than nearly everyone

you're assuming i bothered to read the article
I just assumed the girl was some sort of freak superbrain or something

Either way, this thread is shit

You misspelled board

Meh, it's alright
You just gotta fluctuate between different boards so you don't get tired of the same one all the time

>superbrain
did you at least look at the pic first?

I don't even know why I bother coming here anymore. The last time I had a meaningful discussion here is months ago.

As i said, go to some other board
It'll be refreshing, and you might find a new interest too

not really
All i noticed was some white window, a table and someone sitting at it

But why?

>90 posts

You fucks, if you want to defeat propaganda you need to ignore it.

you_read_in_the_wrong_library.wav

What joke is that?

>1 book a night
So she was read short stories 1000 times, how special.
I'm sure she won't be reading for attention and applause from now on.